Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #3271
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

We changed from AoA to a CBR pirate room on Monday when the Disney Visa Free dining came out . I know these rooms are a pretty good walk from the main area, but if I were to request a specific building, which one might be the closest to the food court, pool, etc? TIA! --Katie
Old 07-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #3272
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
We changed from AoA to a CBR pirate room on Monday when the Disney Visa Free dining came out . I know these rooms are a pretty good walk from the main area, but if I were to request a specific building, which one might be the closest to the food court, pool, etc? TIA! --Katie
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are the closest non-preferred rooms to OPR.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #3273
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Queen Bee View Post
So, from what I have read here, Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are prefered and cost more but what about Martniique 22 and 23? They seem close to the Food Court area, and to a bus stop.
Is there a surcharge for those buildings?
And if I want to request one of those buildings, or any building, can I just call with my request?
Martinique 22 and 23 are not preferred so you could definitely put in a request for one of those buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
I'd suggest buildings 34 or 35. I walked over to Trinidad South and back to Old Port Royale and it took me about 7 minutes to walk from TS to OPR.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #3274
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up on the chocolate and gramcrakers
do they sell them in the gift shop?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #3275
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Question Food Court

I have a silly question,
in the food court do they have the 1 oz servings of cream cheese and butter or do you have to buy it?

Trying to see if I need to order cream cheese with my bagels from garden grocer or not

TIA!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #3276
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I have a silly question,
in the food court do they have the 1 oz servings of cream cheese and butter or do you have to buy it?

Trying to see if I need to order cream cheese with my bagels from garden grocer or not

TIA!
I know that they have small packets of cream cheese in the grab no go station. I've gotten them when I purchased other food items and wasn't charged for it. I'm pretty sure they'd charge you if you weren't buying anything else.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3277
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I know that they have small packets of cream cheese in the grab no go station. I've gotten them when I purchased other food items and wasn't charged for it. I'm pretty sure they'd charge you if you weren't buying anything else.
Thanks, I will keep the cream cheese on my order at garden grocer
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #3278
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I will keep the cream cheese on my order at garden grocer
You're welcome. I need to go back and look at my pictures to see if there was peanut butter on the condiment table. Let me see if I can find it.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #3279
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Got Free Dining!

Our TA was on the phone for 3 hours this morning (since 5:30 am) trying to get us FD for our dates of 11/29-12/8. When I spoke with her this morning, she told me that only the POTC themed rooms were part of the FD offer (I'm guessing that's what the CM told her on the phone) so she moved my mom and brother to that with a water view. It was saving them $600. My family was already booked for a standard pirate themed room, so she moved/upgraded us to a water view and requested adjoining rooms. It increased our package cost by $400, but it was FD none-the-less.

She then calls me back after she tries online at the TA website and tells me that a non-pirate themed room for FD opened up and she grabed it for us, putting us back to our original room requests and right back to down to the cost we figured out with FD added . She had to call Disney back and cancel out the first change she did.

This is all well and good, but now I'm a little worried that b/c of all of this moving around, canceling, rebooking, etc., that we will be paying for the new cost in park tickets rather than what we paid for in May when we originally booked. She told me that we wouldn't.

On a good note, this TA went above and beyond what we expected to make sure we got FD. Their office opens up at 10 am and this one person got up earlier than usual and took care of this on her own time for us. That was something my family was not expecting.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 07-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #3280
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome. I need to go back and look at my pictures to see if there was peanut butter on the condiment table. Let me see if I can find it.
Cool Thanks, garden grocer does not sell Hershey Bars, so I will have to carry them on the plane. But I can pack gram crakers so I will be set for the marshellow roast.. I am getting so excited 61 days!!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #3281
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Our TA was on the phone for 3 hours this morning (since 5:30 am) trying to get us FD for our dates of 11/29-12/8. When I spoke with her this morning, she told me that only the POTC themed rooms were part of the FD offer (I'm guessing that's what the CM told her on the phone) so she moved my mom and brother to that with a water view. It was saving them $600. My family was already booked for a standard pirate themed room, so she moved/upgraded us to a water view and requested adjoining rooms. It increased our package cost by $400, but it was FD none-the-less.

She then calls me back after she tries online at the TA website and tells me that a non-pirate themed room for FD opened up and she grabed it for us, putting us back to our original room requests and right back to down to the cost we figured out with FD added . She had to call Disney back and cancel out the first change she did.

This is all well and good, but now I'm a little worried that b/c of all of this moving around, canceling, rebooking, etc., that we will be paying for the new cost in park tickets rather than what we paid for in May when we originally booked. She told me that we wouldn't.

On a good note, this TA went above and beyond what we expected to make sure we got FD. Their office opens up at 10 am and this one person got up earlier than usual and took care of this on her own time for us. That was something my family was not expecting.
That is awesome she did that for you!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #3282
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
If you modify an existing reservation you will pay the current ticket prices. So it didn't matter that your original reservation was canceled.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #3283
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
If you modify an existing reservation you will pay the current ticket prices. So it didn't matter that your original reservation was canceled.
That was my understanding as well. There is less than a $100 difference from what I initially figured out with FD added. So I'm wondering if that's where the ticket increase is.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #3284
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool Thanks, garden grocer does not sell Hershey Bars, so I will have to carry them on the plane. But I can pack gram crakers so I will be set for the marshellow roast.. I am getting so excited 61 days!!
I found the pictures that I took but I can't quite make out if there's peanut butter in any of the bowls. It looks like honey, assorted jellies, tea bags, hot sauce, etc.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #3285
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
That is awesome she did that for you!
I was talking to my mom about what our TA did and we both agreed that we would like to thank them. She told me that my aunt and her sent their TA flowers as a thank you b/c that TA did something similar for them.

When a TA goes above and beyond like this, it really shows how much they care about their customers!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: