Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #3106
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just got off the phone with a supervisor in Guest Services who told me that the CBR will be getting queen beds "very soon" and that the "transition" will be complete by the time we get back to the CBR in May, 2013. I know that we are supposed to take what castmembers say with a grain of salt but this isn't the first time I've heard this from a castmember.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #3107
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I just got off the phone with a supervisor in Guest Services who told me that the CBR will be getting queen beds "very soon" and that the "transition" will be complete by the time we get back to the CBR in May, 2013. I know that we are supposed to take what castmembers say with a grain of salt but this isn't the first time I've heard this from a castmember.
Boy, I wish they would put the trundle beds in the rooms too (like at POR), so that we could stay there as a family of five! I just love CBR, but I can't justify paying for two rooms and not having a kitchen I don't imagine there's any scuttlebut about that???
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #3108
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh please let this be true!! We love CBR as it is, but getting queen beds would just be the icing on the cake!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #3109
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Boy, I wish they would put the trundle beds in the rooms too (like at POR), so that we could stay there as a family of five! I just love CBR, but I can't justify paying for two rooms and not having a kitchen I don't imagine there's any scuttlebut about that???
I can understand your way of thinking. With the rooms at the CBR being larger than the other moderate resorts, there seems to be room for a trundle bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Oh please let this be true!! We love CBR as it is, but getting queen beds would just be the icing on the cake!
My thoughts exactly. This is the third or fourth castmember who has said this to me but the first to have actually said it's happening "very soon".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #3110
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope this is true, we will be there in September
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #3111
maryj11
DIS Veteran

That would be great ! I hope it will be before October please please

Old 06-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #3112
MSierra123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I hope it happens before our trip in August That is the only thing that keeps me awake at night in staying there, the full size beds. My husband is tall and I don't know how the kids will do sleeping in a full size. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. August, August, August...lol
Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #3113
MEG&MINNIE
DIS Veteran

End of July ??? Hope so...that would be so sweet !
1977- Offsite-"Spring Break" , 1994-Caribbean Beach Resort , 1998-All-Stars Resort , 2000-Dixie Landing (POR) , 2002-Wilderness Lodge , 2005-August POP Century , 2007-August POP Century , 2010- POP Aug.17-24 ,2010....50th Birthday , POR-July 2012 , POP-April 19-26 , 2014
Be kinder than necessary-everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #3114
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hello all! We just arrived home this morning from a nearly 2 week stay at CBR.

An honest review:
When we first made it to the resort I was a little apprehensive, just because we usually stay at Pop Century and I was a little sad to be staying somewhere else. It was really pretty but it just didn't feel like Disney and something was off. The bathroom was kind of small and the room wasn't all that interesting. This continued for a few days but we slowly started warming up to it. We were in building 23 of Martinique so we were fairly close to the food court. It wasn't too much of a walk.

By the end we really loved it and it was really beautiful. I loved laying out in the hammocks on the beach and the sitting area outside old port royale. I didn't really care for the room much, for some reason, but the rest was great. The sitting area outside our room was really nice and it was pretty quiet. I give it a thumbs up, but we will probably try a different resort next time!

We considered staying at AOA for a few days but the price was outrageous and decided to skip. We went to visit AOA and we were happy with our decision to stay at CBR for the rest of the time. We actually utilized the buses this time, even though we drive. They were not our favorite things and it seemed to take forever. We're kind of impatient so we only took them a few times.

We rented a 2 person surrey bike and while it was cute, it was a lot of work! Getting up that hill over by Jamaica was torture, not to mention the heat, we actually broke a sweat! My brother and I had a good time playing air hockey in the arcade though! I was pretty upset that for most of our trip they were out of White Citrus Iced Tea that I was so excited about. The last 3-4 days they finally got it fixed and filled up. We only ate at the food court once, I had a pizza. It was pretty good. Another morning I got a yogurt granola parfait, and it was pretty gross, unfortunately.

We never went swimming, despite planning on it. I wanted to sit out and watch a movie one night but never got to do that either. However one of my favorite parts of vacation was sitting outside old port royale with my dinner, alone, watching some dad's play tag with their kids near the fountain. They were all laughing and it was a good time watching them have fun.

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #3115
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

We are here now. Lovely as usual.

Bounce back offer only good thru end of Dec 2012.

Not too crowded. Buses are running fine. Longest 20 minutes.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #3116
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTinker View Post
We are here now. Lovely as usual.

Bounce back offer only good thru end of Dec 2012.

Not too crowded. Buses are running fine. Longest 20 minutes.
Oh man.....I'm really hoping for a bounceback for Free Dining for August 2013. Hopefully it will be that way when we go down this August.....
Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #3117
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Oh man.....I'm really hoping for a bounceback for Free Dining for August 2013. Hopefully it will be that way when we go down this August.....
Same here.. We book bounceback every year. I will admit. I'm a little nervous trying out CBR. Not because of size or anything. But I'm weird and we really love pop century. But for the past 2 years my kids have asked to stay here when the ME drives up.. Nobody knows but me. I have been saving my PayPal fund to cover the difference. Which was only around a 400.00 difference.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 06-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #3118
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

The bounce back offer is 30% off CBR - no free dining. Maybe it will change in the next few months.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #3119
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Did you book on the Disney website? If so I believe its 10 days before your trip you can go ahead and check in online. You'll see a link as soon as you log in to the WDW website. You in put your estimated arrival time, any special requests and your departure info.
Don't you still have to check in at the Front Desk to get your keys and stuff?

What are the advantages to checking in online 1 to 10 days before your arrival date/time?
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #3120
LuvsTinker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
Don't you still have to check in at the Front Desk to get your keys and stuff?

What are the advantages to checking in online 1 to 10 days before your arrival date/time?
Yes, you still check in at Custom House. I was Leary about on-line check in but it went very smooth - keys were ready and they already had my CC info so I didn't have to wait for anything. We were done in just a couple of minutes.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: