Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #3091
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
Is it better to stay on the top or bottom floor?

I'm more concerned about noise and any walking/running of kids......only cuz I know that DW will complain....so would it be better to get a room on the 2nd floor as opposed to the 1st floor?
We have one stayed on the second floor and I have never had a noise issue
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #3092
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Arrived home Saturday night from our 7th and 8th stays at the Caribbean Beach Resort. (two pre-cruise nights and then another six nights after the cruise) The resort was as gorgeous as always and we didn't want to come home. We stayed in Barbados Bldg. 11 the first two nights and our walk to Old Port Royale was 7 1/2 minutes. The second part of our stay, we were in Aruba 51 and the walk was about 5 minutes. I took lots of pictures and will be posting them soon as well as a full review.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #3093
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Arrived home Saturday night from our 7th and 8th stays at the Caribbean Beach Resort. (two pre-cruise nights and then another six nights after the cruise) The resort was as gorgeous as always and we didn't want to come home. We stayed in Barbados Bldg. 11 the first two nights and our walk to Old Port Royale was 7 1/2 minutes. The second part of our stay, we were in Aruba 51 and the walk was about 5 minutes. I took lots of pictures and will be posting them soon as well as a full review.
Glad you had a good time, can't wait to see your pics and reviews
Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #3094
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If not...I see pictures of those 4-person Surrey bikes for rental at the CBR...so I assume I can rent those.
Yes you can and they are great!

Quote:
What about the trails and paths that we can bike on...any thoughts on that?
Check out the map below. You basically ride the bikes on the path that goes around the lake.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #3095
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I have stayed at hotels before ( not Disney specific...just in general ) where I stayed on the bottom floor of a hotel and kids were running around at night on the floor above us...and kept us up all night.

Has anyone ever had any problems with noise from kids or people running around late at night ( which is something I'd assume is expected at DW )?

I'm thinking that it maybe better to stay on the 2nd floor ( on top ) so that I can avoid any noise from kids jumping around on their beds, floor and running around if I were to stay on the 1st floor ( on the bottom ).
Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #3096
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

We are planning to spend the night after our cruise next Friday at CBR. We should get there around 10 or 11am. Is there any chance of getting into our room that early? Can we request an early check in? We don't have any other requests and have just booked a standard room.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #3097
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I've gotten into my room early this year at CBR and last year at ASMU. Before noon both times - around 11:00 a.m.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #3098
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have stayed at hotels before ( not Disney specific...just in general ) where I stayed on the bottom floor of a hotel and kids were running around at night on the floor above us...and kept us up all night.

Has anyone ever had any problems with noise from kids or people running around late at night ( which is something I'd assume is expected at DW )?

I'm thinking that it maybe better to stay on the 2nd floor ( on top ) so that I can avoid any noise from kids jumping around on their beds, floor and running around if I were to stay on the 1st floor ( on the bottom ).
We stayed on the 2nd floor so I can't say how it is on the first floor. However, when we were there the resort was at capacity and we never heard another person in the entire week we were there. Never heard anyone running, never even heard anyone talking while walking by. Honestly, if felt like we were the only people in our building. I know we weren't because I would see our neighbors but never hear them.

There are no internal hallways that kids could run up and down. I imagine you would hear something if somebody was jumping up and down in the room above you.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #3099
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
2nd floor is quiet, but you still hear people coming and going especially in the morning when people are heading out early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
We are planning to spend the night after our cruise next Friday at CBR. We should get there around 10 or 11am. Is there any chance of getting into our room that early? Can we request an early check in? We don't have any other requests and have just booked a standard room.
Yes! We were able to check in around 11, are you planning on doing online check in? That might help because they have all your info upfront.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #3100
Dallas_Lady
I only work for the vacation money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Yes! We were able to check in around 11, are you planning on doing online check in? That might help because they have all your info upfront.
We haven't stayed in a Disney resort since 2007, which was before online check in. I need to figure out what that is!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #3101
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
We stayed on the 2nd floor so I can't say how it is on the first floor. However, when we were there the resort was at capacity and we never heard another person in the entire week we were there. Never heard anyone running, never even heard anyone talking while walking by. Honestly, if felt like we were the only people in our building. I know we weren't because I would see our neighbors but never hear them.

There are no internal hallways that kids could run up and down. I imagine you would hear something if somebody was jumping up and down in the room above you.
We had the same experience. Christmas 2008, the resort was full and never heard a sound while in our room. The only time you really noticed how full was if you tried to eat or swim at the peak times. But if you ate at off times it was great. The people that criticize CBR and CSR for the size don't understand how relaxing these resorts are because they are spread out. Really nice to have a quiet corner to escape the Disney madness for a couple of hours.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #3102
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The people that criticize CBR and CSR for the size don't understand how relaxing these resorts are because they are spread out. Really nice to have a quiet corner to escape the Disney madness for a couple of hours.
Completely agree! We felt like we had 2 vacations because our resort days were so relaxing and such a nice change of pace from our park days.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #3103
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
We haven't stayed in a Disney resort since 2007, which was before online check in. I need to figure out what that is!
Did you book on the Disney website? If so I believe its 10 days before your trip you can go ahead and check in online. You'll see a link as soon as you log in to the WDW website. You in put your estimated arrival time, any special requests and your departure info.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #3104
ktmo
Mouseketeer

Just changed from ASMu to CBR. So excited. We are doing a spur of the moment trip in a few weeks. My DDs will love the pool. Can't wait.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #3105
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Looks like our family trip for 2013 will be CBR. DD38 and DGD14 just spent 4 days at CSR and had requested two areas and got the worst and farthest with parking lot view but were OK but the service and rudeness for meals help tip the scales for CBR. She said she was so happy to find this out in only 4 days so our 10 day next year would not be ruined. Also for all the good the bus service was poor at CSR.

Also they were the lucky ones to be on two rides when they went down. All and All she said they were at WDW and there was so much good to bring from the trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: