Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #3076
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at CB five times and the last few have been due to the Disney races and CB being a host hotel. Our last stay in February was quite good. We booked the pirate themed room and the location was no problem. I actually like to have a bit of distance from the main pool so we do not get any of the noise. In any case, the resortis really nice with a laid back feel and you will enjoy your stay.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #3077
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Stuck on the marshmallows again....

I was wondering with the marshmallow roasting...I read someplace that they sold kits. Would we be able to get a bag of our own marshmallows to bring? I was thinking if I was going to order from garden grocer then I can get a bag and we can use them a few times. Maybe buy the kit once to get whatever approved roasting sticks they use..then go back down if we are on property a few of the other days. Just wondering....thanks!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #3078
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
I was wondering with the marshmallow roasting...I read someplace that they sold kits. Would we be able to get a bag of our own marshmallows to bring? I was thinking if I was going to order from garden grocer then I can get a bag and we can use them a few times. Maybe buy the kit once to get whatever approved roasting sticks they use..then go back down if we are on property a few of the other days. Just wondering....thanks!!
Based on our visit last October....
Marshmallows are free, you can have as many as you want- the only requirment was you use please and thank you with the CM handing them out. The sticks are bamboo type that all got put into a bucket of water when done and I asume put into the fire or thrown away.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #3079
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Free....cool....I really thought there would be a charge for a kit or something. But that is even better Thank you!!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #3080
CableKC
Mouseketeer

I forget....are there 1 or 2 floors for the buildings at the CBR?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #3081
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
I forget....are there 1 or 2 floors for the buildings at the CBR?
2 floors.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #3082
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qltrgrl2 View Post
We have stayed at CB five times and the last few have been due to the Disney races and CB being a host hotel. Our last stay in February was quite good. We booked the pirate themed room and the location was no problem. I actually like to have a bit of distance from the main pool so we do not get any of the noise. In any case, the resortis really nice with a laid back feel and you will enjoy your stay.
One of the reasons our family loves CBR is that it's so quiet near the rooms -- and I love starting the morning off by filling my refillable mug with coffee at Old Port Royale and strolling around the lake as I wake up.... the resort is so beautiful, and it's so quiet and peaceful in the morning.... I just can't wait! 6 more days!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 06-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3083
mrsltg
The TF wishes you happier days ahead!
Seriously - you may as well drip dry as try to get by with one square!
Miss Sneaker Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbertdave99 View Post
One of the reasons our family loves CBR is that it's so quiet near the rooms -- and I love starting the morning off by filling my refillable mug with coffee at Old Port Royale and strolling around the lake as I wake up.... the resort is so beautiful, and it's so quiet and peaceful in the morning.... I just can't wait! 6 more days!
This is why we love it, too! It is sooooooooo quiet there. We'll be heading down in four days - I can't wait!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #3084
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Wondering about the Buses

Other then the internal bus around the resort...what ARE the buses final destinations? I know we can't take a bus from CBR to GF....but do all the buses go directly to the transportation center? Or are there buses that go directly to epcot, AK, etc? What about DTD? We are doing one "hotel day" inwhich I signed DS up for the pirate cruise....then I thought maybe doing DTD before going to CR for dinner. Just wondered how the buses worked. Thanks!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #3085
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Other then the internal bus around the resort...what ARE the buses final destinations? I know we can't take a bus from CBR to GF....but do all the buses go directly to the transportation center? Or are there buses that go directly to epcot, AK, etc? What about DTD? We are doing one "hotel day" inwhich I signed DS up for the pirate cruise....then I thought maybe doing DTD before going to CR for dinner. Just wondered how the buses worked. Thanks!!
You can get a bus from CBR to DTD,
You can get a bus to any park and DTD, you CAN NOT get a bus to another resort or the Boardway where ESPN is, but I its so close its a $6 cab ride
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #3086
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltg View Post
This is why we love it, too! It is sooooooooo quiet there. We'll be heading down in four days - I can't wait!!!
This is really something that alot of people don't understand about CBR! Even though it is the largest WDW resort and holds the most people it never feels that way. We stayed at CBR Christmas 2008. The resort was completely full, but other than the food court at meal time it never felt full. We ate at off times so that was never a problem. Always quiet and peaceful. Very relaxing. No better place to stay for those who want a little quiet time on their Disney vacation.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #3087
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
There is a direct bus to Magic Kingdom.
There is a direct bus to Epcot.
There is a direct bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
There is a direct bus to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach.
There is a direct bus to Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon.
There is no such thing as a bus to to the Transportation & Ticket Center from CBR or from any Disney owned-and-operated resort (unless there are special and very very rare circumstances).

If you want to go somewhere, simply go to the nearest bus stop. There is a stop at each village, plus a stop at Old Port Royale. Wait at the stop and as a bus approaches you'll see that bus' destination prominently on the front of the bus (as well as smaller on each side). So if you want to go to Magic Kingdom and the bus says "EPCOT" then don't get on, you'll wait 'til you see a bus that says "MAGIC KINGDOM" on the electronic sign on the front of the bus.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #3088
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Thank you to all who responded!! I now get it crystal clear and there is no room for confusion. Thanks!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 06-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #3089
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
2 floors.
Is it better to stay on the top or bottom floor?

I'm more concerned about noise and any walking/running of kids......only cuz I know that DW will complain....so would it be better to get a room on the 2nd floor as opposed to the 1st floor?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #3090
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any experience with the bikes on the CBR property?

I was planning on doing a "biking" excursion around the CBR resort with the family in the morning. DS8 and DD4 don't know how to bike on 2-wheels yet....do they have bikes to accommodate kids that don't know how to ride bikes yet ( like 3-wheeled bikes )?

If not...I see pictures of those 4-person Surrey bikes for rental at the CBR...so I assume I can rent those.

What about the trails and paths that we can bike on...any thoughts on that?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: