Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #3061
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Both buildings are close enough to OPR to make you happy.

My personal opinion is that Martinique 25 on the lagoon side is the best location on CBR property. Close to OPR and main pool and awesome view. Excellent nightly view of EPCOT fireworks from the beach in front of building. If you can somehow end up in one of those rooms I guarantee you will love it!
I just called and added Martinique 25 request to our reservations. I think that is the best location looking at the map and photos. Hope we get it. We are booked with a preferred room. I really dont want on the Trinidad North side.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #3062
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Can anyone compare size to CSR for me? We were as far away from the food court as possible the last time we stayed at CSR and I'm wondering if the same thing happens at CBR is it will be the same long long longggg walk?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #3063
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Can anyone compare size to CSR for me? We were as far away from the food court as possible the last time we stayed at CSR and I'm wondering if the same thing happens at CBR is it will be the same long long longggg walk?
The furthest away village at CBR is Trinidad South. And you won't be put there unless you booked a pirate room. And even from there, the walk to the food court & main pool is under 10 minutes. And shorter from all other locations. Hope that helps!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #3064
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

There are a boat load of pools at CBR and I was wondering: Which location is nearest to the pirate themed pool? Since I have never stayed at CBR, what is more important to you. Being close to a bus stop or being closer to the food court? Just looking for some facts about CBR. I would love to stay there and currently of thinking about doing a solo there in Jan or Feb of next year.

I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge both trips to Disney with family but I am debating on doing a solo but for sure, I know I want to stay at CBR. Any help you can throw my way is appreciatted.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #3065
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
There are a boat load of pools at CBR and I was wondering: Which location is nearest to the pirate themed pool? Since I have never stayed at CBR, what is more important to you. Being close to a bus stop or being closer to the food court? Just looking for some facts about CBR. I would love to stay there and currently of thinking about doing a solo there in Jan or Feb of next year.

I have stayed at Wilderness Lodge both trips to Disney with family but I am debating on doing a solo but for sure, I know I want to stay at CBR. Any help you can throw my way is appreciatted.
Pretty much any location at CBR will be close to a bus stop since each village, as well as Old Port Royale (main building with food court and also very near the main pool) has a bus stop. If you want to be close to the main pool, you can book preferred location which will put you in a building close to the main pool and food court (with a bus stop nearby).

Our room in Jamaica 43 was a short walk across the bridge to the main pool, and even shorter walk to our bus stop.

While CBR is large, and you do have multiple bus stops, the upside to that is that you have a bus stop (and quiet pool or main pool depending on your bldg.) near to you regardless of section. Versus WL which has only one bus stop which depending on your location may be a hike to the bus stop.

CBR also does not share busses with any other resorts. So once you leave the resort, you are on your way to the parks vs. another resort!

I will add that rooms at CBR are the exact same size as WL rooms. But you do have double beds vs, queens and you don't have a balcony.

Its a great resort but a very different set up than the one building set up of WL.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #3066
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Pretty much any location at CBR will be close to a bus stop since each village, as well as Old Port Royale (main building with food court and also very near the main pool) has a bus stop. If you want to be close to the main pool, you can book preferred location which will put you in a building close to the main pool and food court (with a bus stop nearby).

Our room in Jamaica 43 was a short walk across the bridge to the main pool, and even shorter walk to our bus stop.

While CBR is large, and you do have multiple bus stops, the upside to that is that you have a bus stop (and quiet pool or main pool depending on your bldg.) near to you regardless of section. Versus WL which has only one bus stop which depending on your location may be a hike to the bus stop.

CBR also does not share busses with any other resorts. So once you leave the resort, you are on your way to the parks vs. another resort!

I will add that rooms at CBR are the exact same size as WL rooms. But you do have double beds vs, queens and you don't have a balcony.

Its a great resort but a very different set up than the one building set up of WL.

Wow thank you for the wonderful information you have provided. I truly appreciatte it. I thought WL was great but I have a passion for CBR like no other and I love the pirate themed pool as well. My stay at CBR will most likely be solo and I would get a King size bed, since it will be only me, Which is fine. I know I would love it. Everything I have read about the place, seems great. Can't wait to stay there someday.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #3067
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Renting Watercrafts/Bikes

We will have one hotel day that DS will be going on the pirate cruise and that night we eat dinner at Chef Mickey. I was thinking of maybe renting one of the boats or bikes in early afternoon. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with the rentals? Do you pay upon return or when you take it out? Just wondering...thanks!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #3068
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I just called and added Martinique 25 request to our reservations. I think that is the best location looking at the map and photos. Hope we get it. We are booked with a preferred room. I really dont want on the Trinidad North side.
We were in Trinidad North the last 2 times we were at CBR and we had wonderful locations both time. We were quite disappointed that we didn't get our request of Martinique when we checked in but we were quite surprised to like it. Either village is good

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #3069
MSierra123
Earning My Ears

We will be staying here in August. I read a lot of comments about CBR and went back and forth with my husband. It is hard reading comments and worrying that you have made a bad decision. But really what we like about this resort is the theme, the grounds and the pool. We have small children so they will love the pool. I know we will love it here. I have found this thread so helpful, so thank you everyone for all the comments about the CBR. It helps a newbie like me.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #3070
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSierra123 View Post
We will be staying here in August. I read a lot of comments about CBR and went back and forth with my husband. It is hard reading comments and worrying that you have made a bad decision. But really what we like about this resort is the theme, the grounds and the pool. We have small children so they will love the pool. I know we will love it here. I have found this thread so helpful, so thank you everyone for all the comments about the CBR. It helps a newbie like me.

Welcome to the DIS and the CBR thread! I'm sure you will enjoy CBR very much!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #3071
misshilda1
Mouseketeer

First time at CBR coming up

We will be staying at CBR resort for the first time this Sept/Oct 2012!!!!! We have stayed on property many many times, but I have always wanted to stay at CBR so we decided this trip was the one. I have really enjoyed all the reviews,tips,pics and advice in general thru out this thread! No matter how much disney experience you have there is always something new to learn and experience and I wanted to thank you all for your time and input it seems to help make trips less stressful and more prepared and pleasurable. Cant wait til our scheduled trip woo hoo

look out I'm counting down the days for me and the DH our DD and my DD

Off Site:Many Times
Onsite:
All Star Movies 2005/ All Star Music 2006,2009/Pop Century 2007,2011/ All Star Sports 2010
Upcoming-Carribean Beach Resort 2012
Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #3072
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
We will have one hotel day that DS will be going on the pirate cruise and that night we eat dinner at Chef Mickey. I was thinking of maybe renting one of the boats or bikes in early afternoon. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with the rentals? Do you pay upon return or when you take it out? Just wondering...thanks!!
The bike and boat rentals are a lot of fun! It's been 3 years, so I'm not sure my recollection is correct, but I think we signed something, gave them our room key as collateral, and out we went. We paid when we returned, I believe. We'll be back there in just 17 more days!!! I cannot wait!!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #3073
swkmom
Mouseketeer

Hi, just wanted to say we checked into CBR on Monday and so far like it a lot! Our son says he likes the pool better here than POFQ. We ate dinner at the food court this evening and it was really good, I had the roast turkey dinner. We're in Martinique building 24, just a short walk to OPR. We are very close to the Martinique bus stop and so far have had great luck with the busses. The longest we've had to wait was 10 minutes this morning for a MK bus.

When we arrived check in was painless and quick. Bell services was awesome, because our groceries from Garden Grocer had already arrived they took us to our room with the groceries and our carry-ons in a van. They were allowing people to take their carry-ons onto the internal shuttle as well when we arrived. Our luggage from Magical Expres arrived exactly 3 hours on the dot from the time our plane landed (we got back to our room at the same time it was being delivered). Maid service so far has been great as well, I have been leaving $5 every day.

Just wanted to say thank you to those that assured me we would like CBR because we definitely do!

Pop Century - June 2006
Pop Century - August 2007
POFQ - June 2009
CBR - May/June 2012
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #3074
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkmom View Post
Hi, just wanted to say we checked into CBR on Monday and so far like it a lot! Our son says he likes the pool better here than POFQ. We ate dinner at the food court this evening and it was really good, I had the roast turkey dinner. We're in Martinique building 24, just a short walk to OPR. We are very close to the Martinique bus stop and so far have had great luck with the busses. The longest we've had to wait was 10 minutes this morning for a MK bus.

When we arrived check in was painless and quick. Bell services was awesome, because our groceries from Garden Grocer had already arrived they took us to our room with the groceries and our carry-ons in a van. They were allowing people to take their carry-ons onto the internal shuttle as well when we arrived. Our luggage from Magical Expres arrived exactly 3 hours on the dot from the time our plane landed (we got back to our room at the same time it was being delivered). Maid service so far has been great as well, I have been leaving $5 every day.

Just wanted to say thank you to those that assured me we would like CBR because we definitely do!
Sounds like your having a great time !
Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #3075
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkmom View Post

Yeah!! So glad to read this--we check in just six days from now. Have a great trip!!

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: