Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #3031
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
We were able to walk to our room with our luggage. Depending on where your room is located this may be possible for you. When you check in, let the CM know that you will be walking to your room, so he/she can give you directions. Have a great trip!
We always just walk as well. On arrival (using DME) we only have carry-ons as well. But on check out we just bring all our baggage with us then, too. It's not a big deal for most folks provided all your bags have good quality and functioning wheels on them. We usually stay in Aruba and to be honest I've had way longer walks through some large airport terminals. If it's raining take the van.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #3032
maryj11
DIS Veteran

We will be staying in a preferred room so it might be a long walk and we have wheels on our carry on luggage so it wont be a problem keeping them with us. So the van will take us and our luggage to our room on arrival and the van will take us and our luggage to custom house when leaving ? Do we check into our flight and print boarding passes before ME picks us up at the custom house or can you do that at OPR ?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #3033
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
We will be staying in a preferred room so it might be a long walk and we have wheels on our carry on luggage so it wont be a problem keeping them with us. So the van will take us and our luggage to our room on arrival and the van will take us and our luggage to custom house when leaving ? Do we check into our flight and print boarding passes before ME picks us up at the custom house or can you do that at OPR ?
When I was there in 2009 you could get your flight boarding pass at OPR
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #3034
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
We always just walk as well. On arrival (using DME) we only have carry-ons as well. But on check out we just bring all our baggage with us then, too. It's not a big deal for most folks provided all your bags have good quality and functioning wheels on them. We usually stay in Aruba and to be honest I've had way longer walks through some large airport terminals. If it's raining take the van.
Us too - it's not a long walk - maybe if you're in the Pirate Rooms in Trinidad, but we've stayed in Jamaica, and walked back and forth, no problem.

Also, I know several people have commented on the buses going the whole way around the resort and how long that takes. When we were there in May we were the first pickup (Jamaica) and then they stopped at Aruba and Barbados, then exited the resort - we never went the entire way around on our way TO a park. I'm not sure if that's always the case, but we rode the buses maybe 5 or 6 times (morning, afternoon and evening) and it was always like that for us.
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3035
swkmom
Mouseketeer

We're going to be at CBR in just 6 more days, getting very excited! I just need to quit reading all the negatives about the resort, I am determined to like it!

Pop Century - June 2006
Pop Century - August 2007
POFQ - June 2009
CBR - May/June 2012
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #3036
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkmom View Post
We're going to be at CBR in just 6 more days, getting very excited! I just need to quit reading all the negatives about the resort, I am determined to like it!
You will LOVE CBR!! We are arriving for our 4th visit to CBR in just 24 days and we can't wait!! It's our favorite resort!!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #3037
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you'll love it! As you read thru the DIS threads you'll see every resorts gets bad reviews. I wish I was going to be sitting by the pool listening to the music in 6 days!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #3038
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I don't understand all the negative comments at all.
Trust me, I'm one who usually finds something to complain about no matter where I go, lol. But I didn't have a single complaint about CBR.
Ok, ok.... I *was* disappointed that they didn't have quesadillas at the food court. That's all I've got.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #3039
swkmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I know I was expressing my worries a few weeks ago too but I really like the Caribbean theme and have a feeling we'll like it very much! It's just I read a couple threads today, the one asking about CSR and another where someone asked about CBR. In both threads some posters talked negatively about CBR, but most was about size and we booked preferred so I think we'll be ok.

Pop Century - June 2006
Pop Century - August 2007
POFQ - June 2009
CBR - May/June 2012
Old 05-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #3040
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I know I was expressing my worries a few weeks ago too but I really like the Caribbean theme and have a feeling we'll like it very much! It's just I read a couple threads today, the one asking about CSR and another where someone asked about CBR. In both threads some posters talked negatively about CBR, but most was about size and we booked preferred so I think we'll be ok.
Even if you didn't book preferred, you'd be okay. I understand your concerns as we had them before our stay at CBR too. We absolutely loved it! I really don't understand the complaint that the resort is too big/spread out. From the fartherst room in the farthest building (Trinidad South) the walk is under 10 minutes to OPR and the Main Pool. And you have a very slim chance of getting put there because that is where the Pirate Themed Rooms are and you have to pay extra for those.

Have fun! I'm very jealous!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #3041
CableKC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Not all corner rooms are king-bed rooms. There are plenty of corner rooms that have two standard beds (I most recently stayed in Room #3340, a corner room in Trinidad North, that was NOT a king-bed room, we were there with our 2 kids).
What is the advantage to staying in a Corner Room?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #3042
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

I was the original poster asking about if all corner rooms were king size beds since I wanted to request a corner room with two beds. From what I have read..it just gives you more light and the only thing "missing" would be a full size mirror where the wall would be (replaced with a window). I love the light and would rather have the extra light with a corner room then a normal room. I think that is the only advantage. I know some folks have mentioned that it is just another way to have nosey people look into your room. But if I'm inthe room and the windows are open...there won't be anything to look at anyways. So, it's just a personal preferance to more sunlight.

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #3043
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

S'Mores

What times do they do the s'mores in the evenings? It is offered on all evenings or just certain ones? and where do they do it at? Thanks!!!

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #3044
cinderwannabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Even if you didn't book preferred, you'd be okay. I understand your concerns as we had them before our stay at CBR too. We absolutely loved it! I really don't understand the complaint that the resort is too big/spread out. From the fartherst room in the farthest building (Trinidad South) the walk is under 10 minutes to OPR and the Main Pool. And you have a very slim chance of getting put there because that is where the Pirate Themed Rooms are and you have to pay extra for those.

Have fun! I'm very jealous!
I was actually just going to ask this! So is the Trinidad South Building made oup of ALL pirate rooms?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #3045
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
What times do they do the s'mores in the evenings? It is offered on all evenings or just certain ones? and where do they do it at? Thanks!!!
I can only tell you where....on the beach just outside the pool area on the Trinidad North side of the pool
And if I remember correctly, it only roasted marshmallows, not smores
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: