Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #2986
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Couple quick questions that I'm sure are in here somewhere but after 19 pages of reading, I thought I'd just ask, lol.

Right now we have reservations at POR, but if (hopefully WHEN!!) Free Dining comes out in November and POR if doesn't have availability--CBR is where we'd try for (had trouble picking between the two anyway!!)

We wouldn't want to pay extra for a prefered room, could someone tell me the closest buildings to the prefered area w/o having to pay for a prefered location? I looked at a map & couldn't tell which section was prefered and which wasn't. Bus stop isn't essential because we'd have a rental car & like to drive to the parks anyway, but would like closer to the main pool for DS's.

Also, DS's would love a pirate room, could you tell me what section those rooms are in? I've read they are not close to the main pool though--is that correct??

Also, I'm assuming there's internal shuttles, in case I don't want to walk from our room to the main pool??

thanks!!

Last edited by marshallandcartersmo; 05-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #2987
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Trinidad North & Martinique are the "preferred" sections.

Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #2988
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Refurbs

Is CBR going to be going through a refurb to queen beds in the near future?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #2989
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Just wanted to update on my king bed request. If you remember from many pages ago, I inquired about getting a king bed. I was told by a DISer that they were a bookable category and cost more than the traditional room (2 doubles?). Anyway, I admit I was suprised at this considering most hotels price their 2 queens/1 king at the same rate. I was also suprised because I thought the higher demand rooms would be a room with 2 beds at Disney (considering these are typically rooms families choose). But no matter, we all know Disney resorts are different from your local Hilton!

I called Disney reservations and asked if they would put a request of a king sized bed on my reservation. They would not! They told me I could ask at check in or pay the upcharge for a king bed. I was confused because if I ask at check in anyway, isn't it better to put my request in advance I know requests are just that, but it was odd.

I did online check in and there is no free form field to enter a room request, only the prepopulated items and they included 4 building requests (all of them non-preferred), ground floor, or close to something (parking maybe????). Anyway, I did not make any requests. I arrive at the resort right around normal check in time so we'll see what happens!

I'll be there in 3 days!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #2990
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

How much time does it take to walk from the Pirate themed rooms at Trinidad South to the food court?

My friend had another friend tell her it was a 25 minute walk. My only real experience with CBR is when we were in Martinique and it was about a 5 minute walk for us.

Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2991
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
How much time does it take to walk from the Pirate themed rooms at Trinidad South to the food court?

My friend had another friend tell her it was a 25 minute walk. My only real experience with CBR is when we were in Martinique and it was about a 5 minute walk for us.

Thanks!!
Took us about 7 minutes.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #2992
cinderwannabe
Mouseketeer

Hi All! I paid for a "water view" room for this August. Does this mean that I could still end up in any building? I would really prefer to not be that far from the food court. TIA!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #2993
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderwannabe View Post
Hi All! I paid for a "water view" room for this August. Does this mean that I could still end up in any building? I would really prefer to not be that far from the food court. TIA!
yes, I think you can still be in a building further away -- just facing the water. I believe it's the same price for Preferred so you could switch your ressie from water view to Preferred without paying any extra $$.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 05-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #2994
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Just wanted to update on my king bed request. If you remember from many pages ago, I inquired about getting a king bed. I was told by a DISer that they were a bookable category and cost more than the traditional room (2 doubles?). Anyway, I admit I was suprised at this considering most hotels price their 2 queens/1 king at the same rate. I was also suprised because I thought the higher demand rooms would be a room with 2 beds at Disney (considering these are typically rooms families choose). But no matter, we all know Disney resorts are different from your local Hilton!

I called Disney reservations and asked if they would put a request of a king sized bed on my reservation. They would not! They told me I could ask at check in or pay the upcharge for a king bed. I was confused because if I ask at check in anyway, isn't it better to put my request in advance I know requests are just that, but it was odd.

I did online check in and there is no free form field to enter a room request, only the prepopulated items and they included 4 building requests (all of them non-preferred), ground floor, or close to something (parking maybe????). Anyway, I did not make any requests. I arrive at the resort right around normal check in time so we'll see what happens!

I'll be there in 3 days!
keep us posted on what you get and what you think of the parking
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #2995
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Took us about 7 minutes.
Thanks! I will let her know.

This is just another thing in a long list of things that her other friend had told her that is just flat out wrong.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #2996
scboyd
Mouseketeer

We are leaving in 10 hours, and will be arriving Saturday afternoon. Do we ever have 2 excited pirates here! Hopefully they will settle down and get some sleep before the drive
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #2997
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderwannabe View Post
Yes, you could be in any of the 5 non-Pirate villages ... each village has its own pool, and each village has some frontage on the lake, so therefore each village has water view rooms. If you strongly want to be near Old Port Royale, change your reservation to a preferred location room, it's the same cost as a water view room.

Personally, I have a dim view of paying for a water view room at any of Disney's Moderate resorts. Your door and window open onto an exterior corridor, which means if you have your curtains open to enjoy the view then everyone walking by has a great view of YOU!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #2998
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Trinidad North & Martinique are the "preferred" sections.
Just so everyone understands, half of Martinique has preferred location rooms and half doesn't. Buildings 24-25-26 are preferred location, Buildings 21-22-23 are standard.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #2999
missmissy
Mouseketeer

I saw a picture of the hair wrap station. Could someone please give the info such as cost & hours. I think that's something my girls would like. Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #3000
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

My daughter got hers done while we were there. Its about 8" long, 3 different colors and has 4 beads and 1 charm. It cost $25 and I tipped her $5. She was the last one done and the lady closed up at about 8pm, I'm not sure what time she opened.

Pricing is based on the length of hair and the beads/charms that you pick out. Most of the beads were $.50 and the charms were $2-$4 IIRC.

Mind the deer in the headlights look, the flash made her jump LOL

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip

Last edited by SenecaWolf; 05-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: