Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Safetymom..

We have stayed at CBR several times and love it! This time I want a building by a bus stop and also close to every thing else, it's our grandkids first visit

Would building 23 in Martinique be a good pick and how would I ask for this?

When we made our reservations they linked our 2 rooms together, I just want to make sure we get to stay close by each other and be close to a bus stop.

Thanks so much.
Michelle
Old 06-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

You should call reservations and have them add your room request to your reservation. Disney will not guarantee them but it never hurts to ask.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #18
tink1953
Tink rocks!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

After reading this great overview of this resort I can't wait for our Christmas trip in early Dec.

Our first time in a moderate and we are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the weather and I think we chose the right place, I love the tropics.

Which section is Nemo?? and is that preferred? I got a King room already and was wondering if Nemo rooms have King beds??

thanks...great info!

BArb
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #19
mthomp976
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
We just got back from 8 nights at CBR and enjoyed it a lot! The rooms were clean, the resort was well-maintained, and we really enjoyed the theming! The CM's were all very friendly and helpful, as well. It was our first time at the resort, and I think all of our 16 member group would stay there again.

Our only issue was the buses. The first few days of our trip, bus service (after the morning rush) was horrible. We waited at bus stops in the resort, at stops in the parks - it didn't matter, we waited. On our second day in the parks we'd come back for a rest and were going back for our dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's. We got to the stop over an hour before our ADR...and found a crowd already there that had been waiting for a while for a MK bus. We waited another 30 minutes or so on top of that! We barely made it to the CR for our ADR on time because some of us ran down the path from MK to the hotel to check in and explain the situation. The group that had been waiting before us missed theirs by 20 minutes but had a number to call and let them know so that they didn't loose their reservation. We waited at Epcot later in the week (with a heat index close to 110 degrees) for almost 40 minutes for a bus. We heard lots of people complaining, but also heard a lot of regular CBR-ers telling people that it had never been like this when they'd been there before. To their credit, the bus service got better by the end of the week. Our wait times were much improved by Friday/Saturday.

We utilized the food court a lot! We finally found a kids meal my DS (6) will reliably eat...apparently, chicken nuggets taste better when they're served in a beach bucket! We brought 8 buckets home between my three kids...I think I'm going to use them to hold pencils in my classroom. We really felt there was a good variety of things to eat, and that the items we had were tasty. When the food court got crowded at breakfast, they opened the seating at Shutters for people to sit at, so we were always able to find a table.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay. I never did get a chance to lay in one of the hammocks...I guess that will have to wait until next trip!

We also stayed from june 16th-the 22nd, I was beyond frustrated and dissapointed in the bus service.

Long waits, full buses. i was usually holding my 21 month old and had to stand. Those busses take some crazy turns, so it is rather difficult to hold a baby while holding onto the bar so you don't fall in someones lap.

The resort was great. It was just so hot and rainy.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
mthomp976
Earning My Ears

Also, the resort is huge. You don't realize how large until you are there, We were in Aruba 54, and the walks got old really quick. I was fine, but when you have 3 kids after a long day in the parks walking all that distance to get dinner, it isn't always fun.

Be prepared to walk, or just rent a car.

Looking back now, i think we would have been better off renting a car for 180 or so for the week. Would have been more enjoyable. I'm form Michigan, so i've never relied on public transportation.

Still, the resort is great.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1953 View Post
After reading this great overview of this resort I can't wait for our Christmas trip in early Dec.

Our first time in a moderate and we are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the weather and I think we chose the right place, I love the tropics.

Which section is Nemo?? and is that preferred? I got a King room already and was wondering if Nemo rooms have King beds??

thanks...great info!

BArb
All rooms have the Nemo theme, except for the POTC rooms, which are a seperate bookable category. So you will definitely have a Nemo room if you book a standard or preferred king room.(There are no king rooms in the POTC section) Preferred just gets you closer to OPR.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #22
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Has anyone booked a standard room and then changed to a preferred room once they got to CBR? I don't want to pay the extra for a preferred room(at the moment), but if we are placed in Barbados or the far reaches of Aruba/Jamaica, I would like to just upgrade once we get there. I realize that we could get there and there wouldn't be any availability for preferred, but I'm willing to take that chance. So has anyone done this????

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #23
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

yea, I'm going back to the black bears....I can't stop thinking about it. Are these adult bears? How big are they? what are you suppose to do if you see one? Will they chase you?

Sorry......we've been to DW so many times and I never knew there were bears on FL.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #24
griergirl2
Having entirely too much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post
Has anyone booked a standard room and then changed to a preferred room once they got to CBR? I don't want to pay the extra for a preferred room(at the moment), but if we are placed in Barbados or the far reaches of Aruba/Jamaica, I would like to just upgrade once we get there. I realize that we could get there and there wouldn't be any availability for preferred, but I'm willing to take that chance. So has anyone done this????
I'm interested to know this as well. We are debating switching to a prefrerred room (debating switching resorts as well, but that's another story) from the standard we currently have booked, but just can't decide. We aren't doing the parks this trip, so we will be spending more time around the resort. We will be there for three nights before switching to the Contemporary for the last two nights I think we'd be better off doing a preferred personally, but if we ended up at the back of Trinidad North that doesn't look much closer than the closest rooms in Aruba and Jamaica...
Old 06-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #25
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

THanks for the new thread safetymom!!! Looks great! The old one sure was getting pretty "ginormous!"

Looking forward to going back soon!!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 06-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Thanks Safetymom!!! It looks wonderful as usual!!!! Our trip is finally getting closer!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!

Last edited by mom2taylorandemily; 06-26-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #27
sohappy
DIS Veteran

We are debating a pirate room for our early December trip. The only thing that I am really worried about is the walk to the restaurants (probably won't swim in December, but you never know) and bus stops. Is Trinidad South the last bus stop for the park busses? I don't want to be at the last stop and always have to stand. Though maybe in December it won't be busy enough to need to stand.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
We are debating a pirate room for our early December trip. The only thing that I am really worried about is the walk to the restaurants (probably won't swim in December, but you never know) and bus stops. Is Trinidad South the last bus stop for the park busses? I don't want to be at the last stop and always have to stand. Though maybe in December it won't be busy enough to need to stand.
The walk from TS to OPR took us about 7 minutes, not bad! Especially considering that you will be there in December and not in the middle of the hot summer. TS is not always the last bus stop. Some buses start in Jamaica, making TS last. And some start in Martinique, making Barbados last. During our last stay there most buses seemed to start in Martinique, because we got on in Aruba and the bus would then stop in Barbados and then head out of the resort. (We only had to stand on a bus one time the whole week)
Old 06-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #29
Sofia's Dad
Walt's Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomp976 View Post
We also stayed from june 16th-the 22nd, I was beyond frustrated and dissapointed in the bus service.

Long waits, full buses. i was usually holding my 21 month old and had to stand. Those busses take some crazy turns, so it is rather difficult to hold a baby while holding onto the bar so you don't fall in someones lap.

The resort was great. It was just so hot and rainy.
I am thinking of switching resorts mainly for this reason. I will be there the last week of august and first week of september. Who wants to wait for busses as long as people here have discribed. In August!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #30
griergirl2
Having entirely too much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griergirl2 View Post
I'm interested to know this as well. We are debating switching to a prefrerred room (debating switching resorts as well, but that's another story) from the standard we currently have booked, but just can't decide. We aren't doing the parks this trip, so we will be spending more time around the resort. We will be there for three nights before switching to the Contemporary for the last two nights I think we'd be better off doing a preferred personally, but if we ended up at the back of Trinidad North that doesn't look much closer than the closest rooms in Aruba and Jamaica...
Well we have decided to switch this time. Now we are doing three nights at All Star Movies Preferred Room with 2 day tickets and free dining and then switching to The Contemporary (Magic Kingdom View) for the last two nights Maybe we'll do CBR one of these years This way we don't have to worry about food costs and we get to do two park days!! Since we were paying OOP for food before, we pretty much ended up with the same expences overall. Quite excited for this completely out of the blue trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: