Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #2926
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Anyone?
I took a pictures of the bottles/cans of beer in the grab n go section of the food court and have it posted on the CBR pic thread. I'll see if I can find it because I think you can see the prices underneath. There's a cold beverage case in the store and I remember them having milk, sodas, and beer but I don't remember the prices.

Let me go see if I can find that pic for you.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #2927
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I could only find one of the pictures I took of the adult beverages in the grab n go station of the food court and it's not of the greatest quality. But, I'll post it anyway.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #2928
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I could have sworn that someone asked for a picture of the Trinidad North Bldg. 31 but I can't find it now to quote it. I did find the picture that I took but I'm not sure it's much of a help since it only shows a part of the building:

Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #2929
saskdw
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;44760877]I could only find one of the pictures I took of the adult beverages in the grab n go station of the food court and it's not of the greatest quality. But, I'll post it anyway.

QUOTE]

Thanks! When is that picture from? Strange that CSR lowered their prices and CBR didn't.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #2930
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=saskdw;44761069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I could only find one of the pictures I took of the adult beverages in the grab n go station of the food court and it's not of the greatest quality. But, I'll post it anyway.

QUOTE]

Thanks! When is that picture from? Strange that CSR lowered their prices and CBR didn't.
We were there the last week of May through the first few days of June, 2011. The prices may have decreased since then. You'd think that if one resort decreased their prices, the others would follow suit.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #2931
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;44761673]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

We were there the last week of May through the first few days of June, 2011. The prices may have decreased since then. You'd think that if one resort decreased their prices, the others would follow suit.
The food services at CSR are not owned by Disney. Maybe that's why.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #2932
saskdw
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=aubriee;44766444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

The food services at CSR are not owned by Disney. Maybe that's why.
I did some searching on the forum last night and found people who bought 12 packs of beer at CBR and POFQ for $25 as well. I think the prices went down shortly after those pics were taken.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #2933
swkmom
Mouseketeer

Someone please ease my mind about staying at CBR

We'll be staying at CBR for 8 nights at the end of the month and are very excited to be returning to Disney! We picked CBR because of the 30% room discount that was out when we booked and we wanted to try something new. Due to the good rate we upgraded to a preferred room. My worry is, it seems like every time I read a thread asking for advice choosing a mod CBR seems to be last on every ones list. I wonder why this is? I'm getting very worried we won't enjoy it. I know I've read it's spread out but walking doesn't bother us and as I said before we paid for preferred. Someone please tell me it will be ok.

Pop Century - June 2006
Pop Century - August 2007
POFQ - June 2009
CBR - May/June 2012
Old 05-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2934
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkmom View Post
We'll be staying at CBR for 8 nights at the end of the month and are very excited to be returning to Disney! We picked CBR because of the 30% room discount that was out when we booked and we wanted to try something new. Due to the good rate we upgraded to a preferred room. My worry is, it seems like every time I read a thread asking for advice choosing a mod CBR seems to be last on every ones list. I wonder why this is? I'm getting very worried we won't enjoy it. I know I've read it's spread out but walking doesn't bother us and as I said before we paid for preferred. Someone please tell me it will be ok.
I see that alot too about CBR but it seems like the only negative I've ever read about is it being too big. If you don't care about it being too big, or if you book preferred, then I think it will be just fine! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are fine, bigger than a lot of other resorts even, awesome main pool, nice quiet pools, hot tubs, etc. I couldn't find anything wrong with it and I am super picky.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #2935
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have found that people like to complain about a resort (any resort) more than they like to praise it. We've stayed at the CBR multiple times (and will also be there at the end of the month so maybe we'll run into each other) and have never had any problems with any of our stays.

I think that a lot of the complaints about the CBR are of it's size. In all honestly, I don't think the walks at the CBR are that big of a deal. If you've booked a preferred room, there's no need to worry about the resort's size. You'll be in one of three preferred Martinique buildings or one of the Trinidad North buildings which are located on either side of Old Port Royale.

As I said, we've been to the CBR multiple times with some of those stays being during pretty busy times i.e. Memorial Day week, Star Wars Weekends, first week of June and twice in August. Even when we were told that the resort was booked to capacity, it didn't feel like it and that's due to the resort's size. The villages/buildings are spaced out in such a way that you'll never feel crowded.

Even with us traveling over holiday periods and busy times, we haven't encountered any long waits for the buses with the exception of one time. My husband decided to sleep in and then take his time meeting us at the park. When he was walking across the parking lot, he saw the Hollywood Studio bus pull off and then had to wait 25 minutes for another one to come. This was early to mid-afternoon so it wasn't peak traveling time so it wasn't a big deal.

I, personally, think that the CBR is an excellent resort choice and think that you'll be fine once you get there and see it for yourself.

If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to ask away. If I can't answer them, I am sure that some of the other loyal CBR fans can. If you want to take a look at my CBR pics, click on the Jumping, Dancing....trip report link in my signature below.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #2936
swkmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the responses! We are booked for preferred but the walk wouldn't bother me anyway. I walk about 3 miles 5 days a week. And Mickeystoontown, I'll definitely check out your trip report! My only other concerns are how crowded does the food court get? We've stayed at Pop before and their food court got crazy crowded at times but Pofq was never crowded. Also, I know there are quiet pools which sound really appealing but my son is 12 and I'm sure will want to go to the main pool, does it stay crowded?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #2937
Ellen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did not stay there for a long time after reading so many negative reviews. I decided to try it once for a short visit and loved it have been back three times. Brought my sister and her 5 and 12 year old daughters they loved the pool and slide, beach and hammocks. Coming from the northeast I just love the whole island feel. Don't worry be happy! I will be going down May13 and I really wanted to stay there but going with my adult children and opted for queen size beds in port Orleans Riverside. Preferred rooms are great you are close to everything. Have a great trip
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #2938
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CBR!! Just go, relax, and enjoy!! Have questions - just keep posting here and someone will have the answers! Safetymom posts lots of great info, and if you need any encouragement, read Mickeystoontown's Trip Reports -- you'll be so excited to go to CBR after talking with the two of them, you won't want to wait!! We're headed back for our 4th stay at CBR in just 43 days and I CANNOT wait!!!!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #2939
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the responses! We are booked for preferred but the walk wouldn't bother me anyway. I walk about 3 miles 5 days a week. And Mickeystoontown, I'll definitely check out your trip report! My only other concerns are how crowded does the food court get? We've stayed at Pop before and their food court got crazy crowded at times but Pofq was never crowded. Also, I know there are quiet pools which sound really appealing but my son is 12 and I'm sure will want to go to the main pool, does it stay crowded?
We don't usually eat breakfast in the food court but have popped in for a muffin or something similar from the grab n go in the morning and were able to get out quickly. There's a cashier in the grab n go section so it's a fairly fast check-out. We have eaten at lunch and at dinner and didn't have problems getting our food, checking out and then finding a table.

Even though the main pool is fantastic, we found ourselves using the quiet pools more often simply because they were...well....quiet. My son is 14 and swam in both the main pool and the quiet pools and was quite happy.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #2940
omalleycat
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to post and say to the "leaders" of this thread that you are doing a fantastic job! I am a CBR and WDW first timer for September and have read every page since booking CBR, learning lots along the way. It seems many people post negative reviews about the resort based mainly on its size but I can't wait to walk around the beautiful grounds, across the bridge and round the lake.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: