Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #2911
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Cant believe this time next week we will be there...driving from Houston to Orlando for the first time, we usually fly so hoping the drive wont be too bad. We thought for a while there we would have to downgrade to a value resort but we managed to keep CBR!! yaaaaay....this will be our third year coming here, we love this resort so much. I think its the tropical themeing that makes you just feel so relaxed and layed back when you arrive. We haven't told the kids, they think they are driving to San Antonio for 2 days but we are heading down to Florida for 10 days. Hubby is going to wait till they ask "how long till we get there" then he will say ohhh about 12 hours...cant wait to see their faces!!!! 6 daysss and counting..........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #2912
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Cant believe this time next week we will be there...driving from Houston to Orlando for the first time, we usually fly so hoping the drive wont be too bad. We thought for a while there we would have to downgrade to a value resort but we managed to keep CBR!! yaaaaay....this will be our third year coming here, we love this resort so much. I think its the tropical themeing that makes you just feel so relaxed and layed back when you arrive. We haven't told the kids, they think they are driving to San Antonio for 2 days but we are heading down to Florida for 10 days. Hubby is going to wait till they ask "how long till we get there" then he will say ohhh about 12 hours...cant wait to see their faces!!!! 6 daysss and counting..........
I wish I could surprise my kids.. I am to excited to keep it to myself
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #2913
saskdw
DIS Veteran

I have a question about beer. When we stayed at CBR in Dec 2008 I believe it was about $5.50-$6 for a can/bottle of beer at the Store. Recently it seems some or maybe all of the DW resorts have adjusted there pricing. This past Dec at CSR we could buy a six pack for $15 or individual can for $2.50. Does CBR also have this pricing now?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #2914
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Room location request advice please!

I am staying at CBR in just 2 weeks I will be by myself and have a car. I am going to a conference off-site so I would like to be near a parking lot for easy access in the am/pm to get back and forth. I would also like a king bed although I have heard that is a premium and I didn't book it - oh well. So I was going to request a king bed. Is there a specific building or area that I should request to be near a parking lot? I don't necessarily want to LOOK at the parking lot from my room, but I don't want to be in a building that is far away from a parking lot. As for walking and such - I am by myself and walk very fast and do enjoy walking so I am not as concerned about being near the pool area, food areas, or bus stops.

Thanks for any advice!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #2915
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

I am staying at CBR in just 2 weeks I will be by myself and have a car. I am going to a conference off-site so I would like to be near a parking lot for easy access in the am/pm to get back and forth. I would also like a king bed although I have heard that is a premium and I didn't book it - oh well. So I was going to request a king bed. Is there a specific building or area that I should request to be near a parking lot? I don't necessarily want to LOOK at the parking lot from my room, but I don't want to be in a building that is far away from a parking lot. As for walking and such - I am by myself and walk very fast and do enjoy walking so I am not as concerned about being near the pool area, food areas, or bus stops.

Thanks for any advice!!

I can't help you with the bed question, but there are parking lots for every village/ building. Parking near your room should not be an issue.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #2916
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

Thumbs up CBR good choice for drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

I am staying at CBR in just 2 weeks I will be by myself and have a car... Is there a specific building or area that I should request to be near a parking lot? I don't necessarily want to LOOK at the parking lot from my room, but I don't want to be in a building that is far away from a parking lot.

Thanks for any advice!!
The way it's set up, you are always near parking. In fact, we always drive and like CBR because it is conducive to drivers...we find it a pain to use the bus system there, because of the bus stops ALLLL the way around the resort. My husband and I stayed in the pirate themed rooms last time (as far away from The Center as you can get) and still walked back and fourth t breakfast in 10 minutes. But there's always parking available there too, if you want to run in and get a drink refill. Good choice on CBR. I stayed alone at ASM once...bad choice. LOL!

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #2917
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
I can't help you with the bed question, but there are parking lots for every village/ building. Parking near your room should not be an issue.
Good to know, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonette View Post
The way it's set up, you are always near parking. In fact, we always drive and like CBR because it is conducive to drivers...we find it a pain to use the bus system there, because of the bus stops ALLLL the way around the resort. My husband and I stayed in the pirate themed rooms last time (as far away from The Center as you can get) and still walked back and fourth t breakfast in 10 minutes. But there's always parking available there too, if you want to run in and get a drink refill. Good choice on CBR. I stayed alone at ASM once...bad choice. LOL!
Thanks for the info!

Even though work is paying, I had to stay within a budget. Since I'm renting a car, I wanted it to be cheaper than the conference hotel so both my rental car and hotel had to be cheaper than the conference hotel for me to justify the rental car (I hope that makes sense!) Not that they even check but just in case they ever questioned my choice in staying at a non-conference hotel, I could easily say how it cost me less than a conference hotel. Otherwise, I would have had work pay for a deluxe so I could have had an interior hallway to my room

I wanted to try a resort I had never stayed at before and had no plans in the future (like this summer we are staying at CSR). I also rule out values. Did that once and did not enjoy it. So CBR not only was the ideal choice in that respect, it also ended up being the cheapest moderate with the 25% spring discount code!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #2918
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you help me find out how to get there from the airport and how long will it take?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #2919
magicmonette

Check out link

Quote:
Can you help me find out how to get there from the airport and how long will it take?
This should help:

http://allears.net/pl/directions.php

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #2920
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for this.
Now how do I find out how to get to the parks and how long that will take so I judge my ADR's the right way.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2921
mgdisney
Mouseketeer

only 2 days left till I check in at CBR!!!
2012 May WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort/Beach Club
2012 Aug Disneyland - offsite
2013 May WDW - Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
Old 04-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #2922
magicmonette

Smile Super CBR link

Quote:
Thank you for this.
Now how do I find out how to get to the parks and how long that will take so I judge my ADR's the right way.
Great link:

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/...n-beach-resort

Lots of very usable info at the website!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #2923
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great link:

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/...n-beach-resort

Lots of very usable info at the website!
Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #2924
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I have a question about beer. When we stayed at CBR in Dec 2008 I believe it was about $5.50-$6 for a can/bottle of beer at the Store. Recently it seems some or maybe all of the DW resorts have adjusted there pricing. This past Dec at CSR we could buy a six pack for $15 or individual can for $2.50. Does CBR also have this pricing now?
Anyone?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #2925
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Oh, thanks for posting this! I realized I also needed directions and I was just going to use my iphone when I got there but this link also says where to stop for groceries Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I've never stayed at CBR but at the other Disney resorts, they used to sell six packs but the past two years they haven't (at least at the Poly and WL). Of course 6 cans at $2.50 would be $15 anyway so I guess you could just buy 6 individual cans!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: