Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #256
doccoc2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
We were in 34 and the walk to the bus stop was nothing. Building 36 is right there next door. Not a huge difference in either distance to OPR or bus stop. I just looked at the map and where they show the bus stop is not where it stopped while we were there. Look at the map and there is a traffic circle between 34 and 36. That's where the bus stops so you see it's not a big difference. I think some people go on too much about how big the resort is and how far the walk is to OPR. It might take you and extra minute to walk to OPR from 36 vs 34 depending on which side of the building your room is on.
That was my feeling we have always stayed at POR & we actually request Patterre Place which is the last mansion heading down the river to POFQ. We don't mind the walk...I was thinking I really don't want 39 but it wouldn't be a terrible if we got it. I have a poem requesting 36 maybe I'll add 34 too. My DM likes to get coffee in the morning...she also doesn't mind the walk & is up early too.

MeDHDD9DD7DD3
Old 08-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #257
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
That was my feeling we have always stayed at POR & we actually request Patterre Place which is the last mansion heading down the river to POFQ. We don't mind the walk...I was thinking I really don't want 39 but it wouldn't be a terrible if we got it. I have a poem requesting 36 maybe I'll add 34 too. My DM likes to get coffee in the morning...she also doesn't mind the walk & is up early too.

We brought filters and pre-measured bags of our own coffee from home and made it in our room. Right outside our door was a little courtyard. It was the DSA but there was nobody there, ever! There are little tables/chairs with umbrellas and nice benches. It was shady and nice. We sat out there and drank coffee in the morning.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #258
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Going to be booking my first stay at CBR for next May. Need some help with a room request. I am booking a preferred room definitely. And I would like to request martinique 25. But here is my question:

Does this building have rooms with king beds? We will be a grand gathering and will be booking multiple rooms (one room will be a king room) . I know that rooms near each other are not guaranteed - but I don't want to make a request for this building if there is no chance of that.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #259
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your wonderful thread. DH and I are trying to decide where where we want to stay in May of 2011. I have sent him this thread to look over, and so far we are really leaning toward CBR.

Do you think this is a good resort for a couple on their "honeymoon"/welcome home trip?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #260
Alli76
Mouseketeer

Sorry one more question. i have read that you can see teh Epoct fireworlks from the beach at CBR. Which beach? And can you see them from any room?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #261
Sofia's Dad
Walt's Friends

How is the kids pirate cruise? Good for a girl almost 8. I'll be there in just a few weeks. Do they go out in the bay near by? Do they have it a few times a day?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #262
kslo69
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a preferred room in Trinidad north, we thought that was better than martinique.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #263
kslo69
Mouseketeer

I don't know anbout seeing Epcot fireworks from the beach. I was never told that. This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #264
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
Sorry one more question. i have read that you can see teh Epoct fireworlks from the beach at CBR. Which beach? And can you see them from any room?
We have watched the higher Epcot fireworks from Old Port Royale and from the Martinique beach.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #265
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I have seen the high fireworks from the main pool area.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #266
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

How far would you estimate it is to walk from a non-preferred standard room to the OPR and main pool area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslo69 View Post
I don't know anbout seeing Epcot fireworks from the beach. I was never told that. This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #267
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
How far would you estimate it is to walk from a non-preferred standard room to the OPR and main pool area?
It shouldn't be too far. The promenade around the entire resort is 1.4 miles around. Old Port Royale and the main pool are approximately in the middle of that. So, even if you were in the furthest building, your walk shouldn't be more than, roughly, half of 1.4 miles. We were in Jamaica 41 this last trip which is of the furthest buildings in Jamaica and our walk to OPR was about 5 minutes. My 76 year old mother walked it with ease.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #268
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post

Do you think this is a good resort for a couple on their "honeymoon"/welcome home trip?
Absolutely! DH and I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli76 View Post
We have watched them from Jamaica, OPR, and the bridge, but I think there are many places they can be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofia's Dad View Post
How is the kids pirate cruise? Good for a girl almost 8. I'll be there in just a few weeks. Do they go out in the bay near by? Do they have it a few times a day?

The pirate cruise is awesome! My kids went on it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it! It runs on Sun, Tues, and Fri mornings. I would call now to see if there are any openings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslo69 View Post
This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
We have not had a preferred room either time we stayed at CBR, and both times our walk (from our standard location room) was less than 5 minutes to OPR and to a bus stop. Not a long distance at all!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #269
patclairesmom
Mouseketeer

Just booked our vacation. April 15-22nd, standard room with deluxe dining. I am so exited. We booked through AAA and received a whopping $48 discount. I'm sure most of our stay is blacked out for discounts, but since we are driving, I think the AAA diamond parking pass will be a benefit.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #270
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

That's nothing! I was concerned my morning coffee walk might lead me to take the car from one side of the resort to the other! Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Caffeine is very important to me

I run every morning so I am really looking forward to the nice path around the lake. We've stayed at Pop and WL and I found the running paths lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It shouldn't be too far. The promenade around the entire resort is 1.4 miles around. Old Port Royale and the main pool are approximately in the middle of that. So, even if you were in the furthest building, your walk shouldn't be more than, roughly, half of 1.4 miles. We were in Jamaica 41 this last trip which is of the furthest buildings in Jamaica and our walk to OPR was about 5 minutes. My 76 year old mother walked it with ease.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: