Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #2536
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kck182 View Post
Is there a 24 hour pool at CBR? We love swimming at night when we stay at Pop and I can't tell which pool, if any is open late?

Also is the walk insane for a pirate room? We are already commited to the room, we told DS, but I just want to prepare myself mentally.

Thanks!
The main pool is definitely open 24 hours. I am about 90% sure that the quiet pools are also 24 hours, but we only used the main pool late at night because the jacuzzis are only at the main pool.

I sure don't think the walk is insane for the pirate rooms. From the farthest point of Trinidad South to OPR it is 8 minutes at a very leisurely pace.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #2537
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

We just returned home from our stay at CBR. The beds are doubles, not queens. My husband and I were comfortable in them even though we have a king-size bed at home. We are usually wiped at the end of the day from so much fun that we are happy to have a soft place to lay our heads. All the pools are open 24 hours but we only went in the main-pool/jacuzzi. I believe there was a sign on the jacuzzis that said children under a certain age had to be accompanied by adults but I don't recall them being restricted entirely from using them. During the day kids of all ages seemed to be in and out of the jacuzzis. The lifeguards weren't monitoring them, just the main pool, which by the way, was fantastic. I couldn't get my 9 and 12-year-old boys out of it. We walked around the whole resort and a CM let us explore the pirate rooms. They didn't seem that much further from the spot where we were staying. We were in Martinique 21. It was a little walk to OPR, but not excessive and it was entirely enjoyable. The resort is lovely. I definitely wouldn't pay extra to be in a "preferred" location but we don't mind walking a bit. If you get the DDP, you will need to walk off all those dessert calories
Sad the vacation is over. Now back to reality
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #2538
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
We just returned home from our stay at CBR. The beds are doubles, not queens. My husband and I were comfortable in them even though we have a king-size bed at home. We are usually wiped at the end of the day from so much fun that we are happy to have a soft place to lay our heads. All the pools are open 24 hours but we only went in the main-pool/jacuzzi. I believe there was a sign on the jacuzzis that said children under a certain age had to be accompanied by adults but I don't recall them being restricted entirely from using them. During the day kids of all ages seemed to be in and out of the jacuzzis. The lifeguards weren't monitoring them, just the main pool, which by the way, was fantastic. I couldn't get my 9 and 12-year-old boys out of it. We walked around the whole resort and a CM let us explore the pirate rooms. They didn't seem that much further from the spot where we were staying. We were in Martinique 21. It was a little walk to OPR, but not excessive and it was entirely enjoyable. The resort is lovely. I definitely wouldn't pay extra to be in a "preferred" location but we don't mind walking a bit. If you get the DDP, you will need to walk off all those dessert calories
I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay! I agree with you on the preferred locations but, like you, we don't mind walking so we are good with wherever Disney puts us. If you decide to write a trip report, please let me know, I'd love to follow along.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #2539
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome back. Thanks for the nice review. My boys love the CBR pool too! And I agree, I wouldn't pay for preferred, the walks from the other sections are not that long at all and are very enjoyable.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #2540
mjo99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome back and thanks for the review and jacuzzi info! Nice that the CM let you check out the pirate rooms. I don't mind walking, either, especially outside in wam weather in a beautiful place.

That's really what we are paying to be able to do! So I don't mind the walk from Trinidad South at all. Just so long as we remember everything we need to when we go to the pool and one of us can run back with our 3 year old if he's melting down and needs to nap.

I am already a little bit sad that we will only be there 5 nights and 4 days. I keep trying to figure out how we'll get to do all the park stuff we want to, AND be able to hang out and relax at CBR. We may have to sacrifice Epcot. My kids are 3 and almost 6 so that seems like the way to go. The first and last days we'll do MK, the second day we'll to AK, and the 3rd day we'll either do half Epcot or we'll just hang at CBR. Just the more I read about how beautiful and relaxing CBR is, the shorter our stay feels. Wish we could stay a little longer.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #2541
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjo99 View Post
Welcome back and thanks for the review and jacuzzi info! Nice that the CM let you check out the pirate rooms. I don't mind walking, either, especially outside in wam weather in a beautiful place.

That's really what we are paying to be able to do! So I don't mind the walk from Trinidad South at all. Just so long as we remember everything we need to when we go to the pool and one of us can run back with our 3 year old if he's melting down and needs to nap.

I am already a little bit sad that we will only be there 5 nights and 4 days. I keep trying to figure out how we'll get to do all the park stuff we want to, AND be able to hang out and relax at CBR. We may have to sacrifice Epcot. My kids are 3 and almost 6 so that seems like the way to go. The first and last days we'll do MK, the second day we'll to AK, and the 3rd day we'll either do half Epcot or we'll just hang at CBR. Just the more I read about how beautiful and relaxing CBR is, the shorter our stay feels. Wish we could stay a little longer.
Our family likes to get to the parks in the morning and then back to the resort by 1. We'll nap (if needed, but always when the kids were younger), then hit the pool. We'd be back to the park in the evening by 5 or 6. You might consider that route if you want to make it to all the parks (and you don't have a park hopper). Definitely go with the attitude that you won't see it all and you won't be disappointed!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #2542
dledger
Earning My Ears

Just booked my trip to stay at CBR Aug 30-Sept 4th. As you can see from my sig, haven't been there in a long time! I'm excited to go back and read this thread to find out more about the resort!!!

~Danielle~
April '93- CBR.April '05- POR.May '06- POR.May '11- POR.Sept '12- CBR.June '13- DLR.Sept '14- BC
Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #2543
billlaurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjo99 View Post

The first time we went to WDW our kids were 3 and 6 as well. We spent the most time in MK, which is the most appropriate park for kids that age. We also only did 5 days that time and it was hard to see everything we wanted. Right now MK is a little torn up. Hopefully they'll have all the construction finished soon. Now, our kids are 9 and 12 and Epcot and HS are their favorites so we spent 2 days at each of those parks this time. We spent 1 day at AK and 1.5 at MK. You could definitely do Epcot in 1/2 a day and see the attractions appropriate for your kids but they would probably be equally as happy hanging at the resort if the weather is nice. We spent a whole day at CBR this time and headed to MK late in the day for dinner. My kids did not want to leave the pool. They have all kinds of kid-friendly activities (with prizes) and my boys made friends with other kids and were content. It helped that the temp was 85! It is always a dilemma trying to figure out whether to rush off to a park or stay at the resort but as my husband pointed out, we paid for the resort too, might as well enjoy it. Whichever you decide, you'll have fun If you do go to Epcot, make sure you do the Turtle Talk with Crush. My kids loved it at that age and still do!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #2544
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

Free Wi-Fi in rooms?

Hi There,

We just booked Sept 1st-8th and are excited to have an early flight in to enjoy the resort the first day there. I was wondering if all the rooms have free wi-fi? I read that some areas do.....so wondered about all the rooms?

And is there any great secret "must see" area that folks normally overlook?
We love little things like this.

This is will the first time DS has been and really DH too (he was there 2 days over 8 years ago for a conference....not the same as a family vacation).

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 02-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #2545
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
Hi There,

We just booked Sept 1st-8th and are excited to have an early flight in to enjoy the resort the first day there. I was wondering if all the rooms have free wi-fi? I read that some areas do.....so wondered about all the rooms?

This is will the first time DS has been and really DH too (he was there 2 days over 8 years ago for a conference....not the same as a family vacation).
Congrats on booking your trip! Yes, all the rooms have free WiFi.

As far as secrets, I don't know of any really. But we did use our first day to explore the grounds. They are absolutely beautiful. You should check out this thread with CBR pics. Check out the last couple of pages for brand new pics.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845975

The movies at night by the pool are fun. So is the campfire on the beach with s'mores! We had a hard time getting our son out of the main pool too.

Enjoy.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #2546
billlaurie

Quote:
Hi There,

We just got back and there was WiFi in the room, though it seemed to disconnect every 10 minutes. My kids had a great time at the "pool party."
One thing that my sons (and husband) really enjoyed was the new sorcerers game in MK. It had them running all over the park but they were totally getting in to it If it's your first time there (plus your son is maybe a little on the young side for it) it may be too time consuming.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #2547
imktdqt810
Mouseketeer

S'mores on the beach!! Really...yum! What beach and what times?

I have been reading backwards on this thread. I need to take a weekend and start at the beginning and work my way through it all.
Thank you for all the pics....that was a cool link.

I was wondering...one thing I keep reading about is that the resort is so big with all the different stops for the buses while heading in or out. Is there a certain order that if we walk to a different village it is the last stop before heading to the parks? Or do they keep it random so everyone in the whole resort is not standing at the "last boarding" stop prior to the parks?

Thanks again.

(Me- 40) (DH-38) (DS-7)
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #2548
billlaurie

Quote:
S'mores on the beach!! Really...yum! What beach and what times?

I have been reading backwards on this thread. I need to take a weekend and start at the beginning and work my way through it all.
Thank you for all the pics....that was a cool link.

I was wondering...one thing I keep reading about is that the resort is so big with all the different stops for the buses while heading in or out. Is there a certain order that if we walk to a different village it is the last stop before heading to the parks? Or do they keep it random so everyone in the whole resort is not standing at the "last boarding" stop prior to the parks?

Thanks again.
I remember seeing a more detailed bus route earlier in this thread but from what we experienced the bus seemed to enter the resort from the Barbados to Martinique side and work its way around or come in at Jamaica toward Aruba and go around. The bus stops are very spread out so it wouldn't be that convenient to catch the bus at another stop. We were in Martinique and the bus was always empty or almost empty when we got on it in the morning. Coming home from the parks was a different story. The buses were packed, but we always stayed til the end to experience every last bit of Disney magic
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #2549
mjo99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The first time we went to WDW our kids were 3 and 6 as well. We spent the most time in MK, which is the most appropriate park for kids that age. We also only did 5 days that time and it was hard to see everything we wanted. Right now MK is a little torn up. Hopefully they'll have all the construction finished soon. Now, our kids are 9 and 12 and Epcot and HS are their favorites so we spent 2 days at each of those parks this time. We spent 1 day at AK and 1.5 at MK. You could definitely do Epcot in 1/2 a day and see the attractions appropriate for your kids but they would probably be equally as happy hanging at the resort if the weather is nice. We spent a whole day at CBR this time and headed to MK late in the day for dinner. My kids did not want to leave the pool. They have all kinds of kid-friendly activities (with prizes) and my boys made friends with other kids and were content. It helped that the temp was 85! It is always a dilemma trying to figure out whether to rush off to a park or stay at the resort but as my husband pointed out, we paid for the resort too, might as well enjoy it. Whichever you decide, you'll have fun If you do go to Epcot, make sure you do the Turtle Talk with Crush. My kids loved it at that age and still do!
We may very well adpot that approach. DS still always naps, and generally a LONG time. We want to get to MK to see wishes once (hopefully day 1), but otherwise, we may just hang out at CBR and not return to the parks on day 2 and 3. We have a 2:20 reservation for CRT on the last day, and definitely can't miss that!

I called about possibly switching from a pirate room and was told the resort is full. Full? It's not a peak week. Is that normal or does that mean there's some sports team from he**? I am happy about the pirate room, it's just DD was thinking Nemo might be better so I told her I'd ask. I'm kind of relieved the answer was no, but I worry about what that means for the resort. We don't get there till 7pm.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #2550
mjo99
Earning My Ears

Question: Can you bring the life vests from the main pool back to the village pools, or do I need to pack floaties?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: