Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #241
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
The best way is to add the request to your reservation. You would call Disney reservations and have the request added to your reservation.

Since I booked thru Southwest Vacations, I have to wait until about 10 days before my arrival date (Aug 27) before Disney can add anything to my reservation. Apparently, that is when Southwest "releases" my info to Disney. At that point, is it better to call the resort directly?
__________________

mcd2745 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #242
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Now living near the parks!
Posts: 42,156

You aren't actually talking to the resort when you call. You are talking with a call center that answers as CBR. It depends how the reservation shows in their system. If you have a Disney reservation number I would call Disney reservations and have the request added. If it is actually booked through a travel agency you would need to have them add the request because they "own" the reservation until you check in.
safetymom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #243
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,427

Thanks
__________________

mcd2745 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #244
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran
 
utkscvol1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 944

We are going down 12-12- we have booked a standard room, I usually do not ask for prefernces on our ressies but this time I asked for Martinque and a room on the ground floor. I read somewhere on here that Martinque were standard rooms, then I heard they were preferred. I wanted one close to the bus stops. Should I change my request of building?
__________________
utkscvol1 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #245
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
We are going down 12-12- we have booked a standard room, I usually do not ask for prefernces on our ressies but this time I asked for Martinque and a room on the ground floor. I read somewhere on here that Martinque were standard rooms, then I heard they were preferred. I wanted one close to the bus stops. Should I change my request of building?

I'm not 100% on this, but I think only a few of the buildings within Martinique (and Trinidad North) are the "preferred" rooms - not the entire village.
__________________

mcd2745 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #246
team disney
Mouseketeer
 
team disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
We just got back from 8 days at CBR. We were in Trinidad South in building 34. Seriously I don't know what people are complaining about when they say it's so far from everything and the place is too big. It took me all of about 5 minutes to walk from my room to the main pool. I am VERY VERY Pooh sized and out of shape, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I made it in about 5 minute. I also stopped to snap a few photos along the way.

I'm so glad we didn't change our minds about the pirate rooms after reading about how far away from everything Trinidad South was. I was having second thoughts.
Hi all!! I am so happy to read this report! We are booked for Pirate rooms and this is our first time staying at this resort.... I have been so worried about the "Long" walks and have debated renting a car... we didn't because we figured we would have to just see for ourselves. I am so happy to read your post ratlenhum... perhaps things aren't as bad as the picture I have been painting in my head!
__________________
First HH DVC trip 7/12-7/17/2013
OUR FIRST DVC TRIP!! BLT 8/16-8/26/2012
2nd Port Orleans Riverside- 8/25-9/4/2011
1st Port Orleans Riverside trip- 8/27-9/4/2010
2nd Poly trip 8/30-9/7/2009
First Poly trip 9/26-10/1/08
POFQ 9/07
All Star Sports 9/06
All Star Music 5/01



Former VMK Player- FancyPirateGirl
team disney is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #247
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Now living near the parks!
Posts: 42,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
I'm not 100% on this, but I think only a few of the buildings within Martinique (and Trinidad North) are the "preferred" rooms - not the entire village.
The buildings within Martinique and Trinidad North that are preferred are listed in the first post of the CBR FAQ thread. All of Triniad North are preferred.
safetymom is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #248
team disney
Mouseketeer
 
team disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Since I booked thru Southwest Vacations, I have to wait until about 10 days before my arrival date (Aug 27) before Disney can add anything to my reservation. Apparently, that is when Southwest "releases" my info to Disney. At that point, is it better to call the resort directly?
Looks like we check in on the same day!!
This will be our first time at CBR, we are very excited!
Hope you have a great trip!
__________________
First HH DVC trip 7/12-7/17/2013
OUR FIRST DVC TRIP!! BLT 8/16-8/26/2012
2nd Port Orleans Riverside- 8/25-9/4/2011
1st Port Orleans Riverside trip- 8/27-9/4/2010
2nd Poly trip 8/30-9/7/2009
First Poly trip 9/26-10/1/08
POFQ 9/07
All Star Sports 9/06
All Star Music 5/01



Former VMK Player- FancyPirateGirl
team disney is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #249
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!
 
mcd2745's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NYC (Queens)
Posts: 2,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by team disney View Post
Looks like we check in on the same day!!
This will be our first time at CBR, we are very excited!
Hope you have a great trip!

We check out on the 5th though (j/k - we're getting in very late on the 27th anyway)


Hope you have a great trip too!
__________________

mcd2745 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #250
team disney
Mouseketeer
 
team disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
We check out on the 5th though (j/k - we're getting in very late on the 27th anyway)


Hope you have a great trip too!
haha! DH has a birthday on the 5th. It would have been too depressing to leave on his birthday!
__________________
First HH DVC trip 7/12-7/17/2013
OUR FIRST DVC TRIP!! BLT 8/16-8/26/2012
2nd Port Orleans Riverside- 8/25-9/4/2011
1st Port Orleans Riverside trip- 8/27-9/4/2010
2nd Poly trip 8/30-9/7/2009
First Poly trip 9/26-10/1/08
POFQ 9/07
All Star Sports 9/06
All Star Music 5/01



Former VMK Player- FancyPirateGirl
team disney is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #251
Scubee
DIS Veteran
 
Scubee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by team disney View Post
Hi all!! I am so happy to read this report! We are booked for Pirate rooms and this is our first time staying at this resort.... I have been so worried about the "Long" walks and have debated renting a car... we didn't because we figured we would have to just see for ourselves. I am so happy to read your post ratlenhum... perhaps things aren't as bad as the picture I have been painting in my head!
Walking in a brisk manner from Trin South to OPR is one thing. Pushing DS3 in a stroller and having DS7 checking things out along the way do not make for a 5-minute walk. Our best time with the boys in tow was about 8 minutes. It only seems long if you're doing it at the end of a long park day....or it's 120 degrees outside (OK, maybe that temp is a bit exaggerated).
Scubee is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #252
3Charbys
Looking forward to Cruise #3 in March 2014 on the Fantasy!
 
3Charbys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 883

Very interesting stuff guys! Thanks for all the info we are deliberating between this resort and one of the All Star resorts... it is great to have unbiased opinions and real life scenarios to read about.
Thanks!
__________________
Wanda (DW) Alain(DH) Lauren(dd)8yrs Feb 28th 09 - Magic:St Croix St Thomas and Castaway Cay 4 day Dream to Bahamas Mar 2011

3Charbys is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #253
doccoc2002
DIS Veteran
 
doccoc2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 525

So, which building would you recommend for Pirate rooms...34(closest to OPR) or 36(close to the bus stops but still not too far from OPR) maybe I'll do both in my poem.
__________________

MeDHDD9DD7DD3
doccoc2002 is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #254
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.
 
ExPirateShopGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SAN BOS MCW
Posts: 5,042

Looking forward to our first stay at CBR this September. We have a standard room booked. Hopefully it won't be too far from the food court. I don't mind running 3 miles every morning but the walk to get my morning coffee shouldn't take 15 minutes!!!
__________________
ExPirateShopGirl is offline  
Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #255
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran
 
ratlenhum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
So, which building would you recommend for Pirate rooms...34(closest to OPR) or 36(close to the bus stops but still not too far from OPR) maybe I'll do both in my poem.
We were in 34 and the walk to the bus stop was nothing. Building 36 is right there next door. Not a huge difference in either distance to OPR or bus stop. I just looked at the map and where they show the bus stop is not where it stopped while we were there. Look at the map and there is a traffic circle between 34 and 36. That's where the bus stops so you see it's not a big difference. I think some people go on too much about how big the resort is and how far the walk is to OPR. It might take you and extra minute to walk to OPR from 36 vs 34 depending on which side of the building your room is on.
ratlenhum is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: