Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #2491
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

The rooms in Martinique are considered preferred. So unless you paid for a preferred location, it would take some pixie dust and you getting a free upgrade to get Martinique.
Just a small correction (sorry), but not all of the buildings in Martinique are preferred. Buildings 21, 22, and 23 are NOT preferred. we just got back from a stay in building 21...about a 5 minute walk to the main building.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #2492
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicwaves View Post
Just a small correction (sorry), but not all of the buildings in Martinique are preferred. Buildings 21, 22, and 23 are NOT preferred. we just got back from a stay in building 21...about a 5 minute walk to the main building.
That's good to know. Thanks for the info!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #2493
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Also, does anyone know when they removed the playgrounds from the beaches? The only playground was on Caribbean Cay. The ones that used to be on the beaches are gone.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #2494
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicwaves View Post
Also, does anyone know when they removed the playgrounds from the beaches? The only playground was on Caribbean Cay. The ones that used to be on the beaches are gone.
Seriously! Wow! I am shocked.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #2495
#1hoosierfan
DIS Veteran

Good evening!

We will be staying at CBR March 24th-30th. This will be our first time staying at this resort. I just called to upgrade to a preferred room, and none are available. I am kind of bummed. I went ahead and put in a request for either Martinque or Jamaica, so I hope we can at least get one of those.

Question: Do theysell rum or vodka in the gift shop area or is this something that I should plan on Garden Grocer to deliver?

Thanks!
March 2012 - CBR
October 2011 (wine and dine half-marathon)
March 2011, June 2010
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #2496
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hoosierfan View Post
Good evening!

We will be staying at CBR March 24th-30th. This will be our first time staying at this resort. I just called to upgrade to a preferred room, and none are available. I am kind of bummed. I went ahead and put in a request for either Martinque or Jamaica, so I hope we can at least get one of those.

Question: Do theysell rum or vodka in the gift shop area or is this something that I should plan on Garden Grocer to deliver?

Thanks!
In October they were selling rum, vodka, scotch and whiskey in the gift shop.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #2497
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hoosierfan View Post
Good evening!

Thanks!
Also, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting preferred. The farthest village from OPR is Trinidad South and it's only an 8 minute walk, at a very leisurely pace, from the farthest point of Trini South to OPR.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #2498
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

Arrived at CBR today. We were put in Jamaica 41. We requested 44 or 45 but apparently these buildings were full of cheerleaders, as was most of Aruba. We asked to be moved away from the chanting cheerleaders. They put is in Martinique 21. As I type, hoards of cheerleaders are screaming beneath our windows. They are everywhere in the resort. I wish they would have told us this when we booked. Hope they are not staying all week. As a side note, it is freezing here. Tomorrow the high is only going to be 52! The temperature is supposed to rebound by Tuesday. We haven't checked out the resort yet. We went straight to HS after checking in.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #2499
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Love relaxing in the hammocks at night. Just don't do what I did if you're out there by yourself - fall asleep and wake up at 3am.
Oh my, just my luck that would happen to me. The hammocks sound great.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #2500
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

When are the cheerleaders leaving?? That is terrible! I hope you guys that are there now can have a magical time anyways..
Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #2501
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

That stinks about the cheerleaders! We arrive on the 26th-I wonder if there are any groups then? Staying in a pirate room....
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR,ASSports, Pop
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #2502
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Can you see the EPCOT fireworks from the resort?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #2503
mjo99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
That stinks about the cheerleaders! We arrive on the 26th-I wonder if there are any groups then? Staying in a pirate room....
How about this, it's my first post! Though I've read every single post in the thread over the last two weeks- very informative stuff!

We are also arriving on the 26th, and also in a pirate room. Nifty! We'll be the weirdos, I'm sure. So if you see a family of 4 weirdos, that's us.

Here's to hoping the temp rebounds, the pools are warm, the pizza flyers are kept to a minimum, there aren't any surprise refurbs, the pirate beds are simply awesome after a day in the parks, the walk to Trinadad South is a gorgeous breath of fresh air, the beach playgrounds miraculously reappear, no snakes enter our rooms, fireworks viewings abound right from the resort, all the nemo people have queen sized beds already, and that we don't have rain or cheerleaders (or pop warner for that matter). Did I cover most of the last 2502 posts? I hope so!

I am thoroughly pumped and determined to enjoy this trip. Hope you do, too!

The pictures are wonderful- thanks to all that posted them!

Arrrrghhhh! (that's a lame attempt to sound piratey)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #2504
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
Arrived at CBR today. We were put in Jamaica 41. We requested 44 or 45 but apparently these buildings were full of cheerleaders, as was most of Aruba. We asked to be moved away from the chanting cheerleaders. They put is in Martinique 21. As I type, hoards of cheerleaders are screaming beneath our windows. They are everywhere in the resort. I wish they would have told us this when we booked. Hope they are not staying all week. As a side note, it is freezing here. Tomorrow the high is only going to be 52! The temperature is supposed to rebound by Tuesday. We haven't checked out the resort yet. We went straight to HS after checking in.
Hopefully, the cheerleaders won't be there for your entire stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelle View Post
Can you see the EPCOT fireworks from the resort?
You can see the higher Epcot fireworks from many places in the resort. Our favorite places to watch them is sitting at one of the tables outside Old Port Royale or from the Martinique beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjo99 View Post
How about this, it's my first post! Though I've read every single post in the thread over the last two weeks- very informative stuff!

We are also arriving on the 26th, and also in a pirate room. Nifty! We'll be the weirdos, I'm sure. So if you see a family of 4 weirdos, that's us.

Here's to hoping the temp rebounds, the pools are warm, the pizza flyers are kept to a minimum, there aren't any surprise refurbs, the pirate beds are simply awesome after a day in the parks, the walk to Trinadad South is a gorgeous breath of fresh air, the beach playgrounds miraculously reappear, no snakes enter our rooms, fireworks viewings abound right from the resort, all the nemo people have queen sized beds already, and that we don't have rain or cheerleaders (or pop warner for that matter). Did I cover most of the last 2502 posts? I hope so!

I am thoroughly pumped and determined to enjoy this trip. Hope you do, too!

The pictures are wonderful- thanks to all that posted them!

Arrrrghhhh! (that's a lame attempt to sound piratey)
Welcome to the Disboards! It sounds like you're going into this vacation with a great attitude. I hope that you have a magical vacation and stay at the CBR.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #2505
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
Can you change resorts?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: