Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #2476
rjh3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDame View Post
I'm really suprised to hear you say this, as we just got back from 6 days there yesterday afternoon, and DS, DH, and I all spent HOURS in the main pool and the kid's splash pool, and found that it was plenty warm. It wasn't "hot tub" warm, but it was clearly heated and more than warm enough to swim.

We had a great trip, and I love, love, loved the pool. It was perfect for my almost 3 year old DS. We stayed at Yacht Club on our last trip, so I was worried aobut being disappointed in CBR, but we had a wonderful time.
We returned home Saturday after 11 days at CBR. We really enjoyed our time there.

Regarding the pools, there were several days that we attempted to use the main pool and the water was very cold. There were points were there was no one in the pool and most of the kids in the area were at the smaller pirate pool because that water was warmer. There were other days where we were in the pool for long periods and I could not get me kids out because the water was so nice.

We swim in the ocean in New England in the summer, so we are accustomed to cold water and I can say with certainty that the pool heat was not functioning properly during portions of our visit.

That issue aside, we loved the resort and would certainly return.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #2477
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh3 View Post
We returned home Saturday after 11 days at CBR. We really enjoyed our time there.

Regarding the pools, there were several days that we attempted to use the main pool and the water was very cold. There were points were there was no one in the pool and most of the kids in the area were at the smaller pirate pool because that water was warmer. There were other days where we were in the pool for long periods and I could not get me kids out because the water was so nice.

We swim in the ocean in New England in the summer, so we are accustomed to cold water and I can say with certainty that the pool heat was not functioning properly during portions of our visit.

That issue aside, we loved the resort and would certainly return.
I'm glad I wasn't crazy then...I KNOW that main pool wasn't heated! Granted, we only tried it one day...Wednesday 2/1. The various quiet pools I felt on different days. I can understand one heater not working, but to have several of the pools be cold? Sounds to me like they are trying to cut costs by not always heating the pool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #2478
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDame View Post
I'm really suprised to hear you say this, as we just got back from 6 days there yesterday afternoon, and DS, DH, and I all spent HOURS in the main pool and the kid's splash pool, and found that it was plenty warm. It wasn't "hot tub" warm, but it was clearly heated and more than warm enough to swim.

We had a great trip, and I love, love, loved the pool. It was perfect for my almost 3 year old DS. We stayed at Yacht Club on our last trip, so I was worried aobut being disappointed in CBR, but we had a wonderful time.
I'm glad the heater was working! I tried the main pool on Wednesday 2/1, and it was COLD. They must have turned it on/fixed it after that. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #2479
TACandgirls
Earning My Ears

Help deciding which bldg to request

Headed to CBR last week of March 2012. Myself and two adult daughters (22 & 24). We do have a rental car. Which buildings are best suited for us? Looking for easy driving access in and out of the resort and quiet!! Newly refurbished rooms and a short walk to dining a plus. Pool and hot tub close by also a plus. Looking at Jamaica 44 or 45 or Aruba 51. Any suggestions. Thanks!! Love this site BTW.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #2480
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a quick long weekend at CBR.
It was a very nice visit.
Considering the dance teams were there, it was quiet most of the time. They over-ran the food court on a few occasions so I ended up leaving and headed to the parks and ate there.

I was so lucky to get an upgrade to preferred and was in Martinique so Old Port Royale was within 2 minutes. Otherwise it is way too spread out.

The fact that the Custom House is on the opposite end from Old Port Royale is a pain!
And the internal bus seems too slow. A CM said it takes the bus about 25 minutes to make the full loop.
It is a nice resort and I enjoyed my time there, but most likely would only stay there again if Coronado Springs wasn't available.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #2481
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACandgirls View Post
Headed to CBR last week of March 2012. Myself and two adult daughters (22 & 24). We do have a rental car. Which buildings are best suited for us? Looking for easy driving access in and out of the resort and quiet!! Newly refurbished rooms and a short walk to dining a plus. Pool and hot tub close by also a plus. Looking at Jamaica 44 or 45 or Aruba 51. Any suggestions. Thanks!! Love this site BTW.
None of the buildings (with the exception of Trinidad South Pirate rooms) have been renovated since 2008. I just got back from a stay in the Martinique section, but I did walk to Jamaica and Aruba, and would have preferred to stay in those sections. I just liked the feel of those sections better.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #2482
TACandgirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Besides the newly refurbished rooms part...........suggestions???
Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #2483
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Quote:
All of the buildings have their own parking lots, so they are all easy access.
If it is important to be close to the main building/pool area (which is where the hot tubs are) I would pay to get a preferred location. Those are Trinidad North, and Martinique 24 25 and 26.
Some of the buildings in Jamaica and Aruba are a short walk to OPR, but you aren't guaranteed to get one of those. If you don't pay for preferred, you can be put anywhere.
For example, I requested Jamaica...any building, and was put in Martinique 21...totally different area.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #2484
funmaymom
Earning My Ears

Question Can you bring bikes to Carribbean Beach resort?

I know that you can rent bikes there but we were thinking about bringing our own bikes. Since the resort is so spread out I thought it would be a fun way to get places.
Concern...is there anywhere to park and lock your bike when you get somewhere like the pool?

I guess we'd have to store them on our vehicle when we're not using them...

THANKS for any thoughts!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #2485
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jamaica 44/45 or Aruba 51 are great locations. We stayed in Jamaica 45 and it was a very short, and beautiful, walk over the bridge to OPR. Have fun!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #2486
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You can find good and bad reviews for almost all the WDW resorts. I don't think there's one resort that will fit everyone. We love CBR. Our favorite thing to do after a long day at the parks was to head to the Main Pool. DW and I would grab a drink at the Banana Cabana and slip into one of the hot tubs while DS swam. The main pool/hot tubs never close and the Banana Cabana is open until Midnight. On our way back to our room we would walk on one of the many beaches. Something very relaxing about walking on sand barefoot when you have tired aching feet. Or enjoy one of the many hammocks while star gazing.

Love relaxing in the hammocks at night. Just don't do what I did if you're out there by yourself - fall asleep and wake up at 3am.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #2487
jaman12
Mouseketeer

One week from tonight I will lay my head down on a pillow in the Caribbean.
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #2488
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaman12 View Post
One week from tonight I will lay my head down on a pillow in the Caribbean.
Good for you! Have an awesome time! As usual, I am jealous.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #2489
canlafre
Earning My Ears

We are leaving for CBR in 2 days!!

A couple questions, as this is my first disney trip as an adult/parent.

Should I do the online check in ? I have requested a ground floor (traveling with our three DD 6, 2 & 4 months) and a pack n play.

Which building should I request I am torn between Jamaica and Martinique.

Any other tips about staying at CBR are greatly appreciated!

Man how am I going to work today! AGH LOL

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #2490
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canlafre View Post
We are leaving for CBR in 2 days!!

A couple questions, as this is my first disney trip as an adult/parent.

Should I do the online check in ? I have requested a ground floor (traveling with our three DD 6, 2 & 4 months) and a pack n play.

Which building should I request I am torn between Jamaica and Martinique.

Any other tips about staying at CBR are greatly appreciated!

Man how am I going to work today! AGH LOL

Thank you in advance!
Since this is your first trip, I would advise not doing online check-in. If you wait and check-in when you arrive, you will get an explanation of the resort amenities, how things work, etc. Online check-in is mainly for people who want to just get their room key/park tickets and hit the parks. And also online check-in helps with getting a room that's ready when you arrive if you are going to be getting to the resort before official check-in time. With online check-in you tell them what time you expect to arrive and they will try to have a room ready for you, but it diminishes the chances of getting your requests because they will give you a room that's ready.

The rooms in Martinique are considered preferred. So unless you paid for a preferred location, it would take some pixie dust and you getting a free upgrade to get Martinique. We stayed in Jamaica 45 recently and it was a great location. Very lovely and short walk across the bridge to OPR.

Your girls are going to love the pool. The smaller kiddie splash area is great for little ones. Enjoy!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: