Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #2416
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
Where exactly was the movie set up? At WL, Poly, GF, and BC its done on the beach. Is the movie set up on the beach or in the pool area?

Thanks!
They set it up to the right of the pool and Banana Cabana. It's a big open area that is used for outside dining during the day. They setup 10-15 rows of chairs towards the front and then the tables are all moved to the back. But you can still enjoy the movie from the tables and eat, have a drink etc.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #2417
cosmicwaves
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how long the main pool will be closed for?
Edit: Nevermind, I just called, and they told me that it's open...must have been a quick closure.

Last edited by cosmicwaves; 01-27-2012 at 09:20 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #2418
Soontobemrsrhodes
Earning My Ears

My husband to be and I are staying at CBR for our honey moon in late April. We are more than thrilled that we are able to go. And because we are Disney lovers we want to do everything over the top so we are staying in a Pirate room. My biggest question that I can't seem to get answered is whether or not there are King beds in a pirate room. On the website it says they are an option and but then they put us for a standard room. So if anyone has any idea, please let me know.

WE CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THERE. It feels like forever away but its less than three months away. What makes is even worse is we are getting married the day before we leave. We are just ready for it all to get here.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #2419
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlove View Post
Hello all,

After nearly 10 months of waiting we checked into CBR. The reason we chose this resort over the other moderates was because of the fantastic pool area.

The first thing we find out when we check in is that the fantastic pool area will be closed for 3 of our 7 nights!!! No advanced notice given! We were a little disapointed and considered switching resorts but really the reason we did not pick the others was due to the pool. A very nice CM was willing to let us move to POR or POFQ but in the end we decided to stay put after all there was a smaller pool right outside our room.

Just got back from a full day at DHS and the kids want to go for a swim in this very convienent pool out side our rooms door. Take them down to the pool for a swim my son jumps in and gets out very quickly saying the pool is too cold. I put my foot in the pool and the water feels like it is barely 70 degrees. These pools are supposed to be heated to 80. Speak to front desk they say they will have someone look at the pools heater. I just saw a comment from another poster and they mentioned that last week the Aruba pool was too cold for swimming so obviously Disney is not heating this pool for what ever reason.

On the bright side free wi-fi in all rooms now.

Sorry for this rant but this pool thing has just got me all worked up. The main difference I see between a Value and a Moderate for me is the Nicer pool and the Hot Tub which I paid money for and for half of my trip I am not getting to benefit for what I paid extra money for.

Also as a FYI they have something planned for the Aruba 53 54 area as currently they have the entire parking area closed off and are erecting large tents for some sort of private event. They also have areas mapped out for transportation for this event. Any one know what is going on and when it is happening?
Has the pool situation improved in Aruba? Also, does anyone know which nights Fantasmic is presented in HS?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #2420
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
Has the pool situation improved in Aruba? Also, does anyone know which nights Fantasmic is presented in HS?
This site has a GREAT park hours information link with parade and fireworks hours as well. Check it out at:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #2421
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
This site has a GREAT park hours information link with parade and fireworks hours as well. Check it out at:

Thanks so much for directing me toward this site I have been going back and forth between the webpages on the WDW Theme Park Site trying to figure out the hours for each park when we will there and was starting to assemble a calendar similar to what was on this site. Now I don't need to
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #2422
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I think he meant Custom House--where you check in at. It's over across from Barbados. Here's a map. Click on it twice to enlarge it.

http://allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg
Like the map . Yea I meant Hospitality House and have no idea why I thought it was called that-I meant Old Port Royale now that I see the map. In other words the main pool and food court etc. It looks pretty far to walk from Trin S, but they will have a car-or they can take the internal bus I presume.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #2423
jade1

Does anyone know if the buses returning to CBR, stop first at Old Port? So you can get off and eat/swim.

And also-does it always leave from there-so you can eat breakfast and then jump on a bus to MK for example?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #2424
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Does anyone know if the buses returning to CBR, stop first at Old Port? So you can get off and eat/swim.

And also-does it always leave from there-so you can eat breakfast and then jump on a bus to MK for example?
They do not stop there first, however, they do always stop and depart from Old Port Royale at some point. So, you can get off there to eat/swim, and you can get on there after eating/swimming. If you're going to a park, just hop that park's bus. If you're going back to your section of the resort, you can take the internal shuttle if you want to.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #2425
razzzbere
Earning My Ears

Just got back today and stayed in Trinidad North, first floor bldg. 33 garden view. Our quiet pool was was a few steps away and felt like bath water when we went in it at 9pm....awesome! 5 min. walk to food court bldg. and a minute to our bus. Free wifi was an awesome surprise!!!!
2004 Off site
2007 Off site
2012 Caribbean Beach
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #2426
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I should really stop coming here. We leave in a week and the waiting is just killing me.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #2427
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

Just curious how accurate this is?
don't get me wrong...... I absolutely LOVE this site and read it every day...

However, the wdwinfo has MK open till midnight on Sat Feb 4 and EMH at DHS on Sunday Feb 5.
But...... every other site I've seen has MK closing Sat Feb 4 at 10p and EMH at MK on Sunday (not DHS)

anyone know what is correct?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #2428
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Like the map . Yea I meant Hospitality House and have no idea why I thought it was called that-I meant Old Port Royale now that I see the map. In other words the main pool and food court etc. It looks pretty far to walk from Trin S, but they will have a car-or they can take the internal bus I presume.
We were at CBR in October and friends of our were going to be staying in Trinidad South a couple weeks later. I walked from Old Port Royale to the farthest point of Trin South, very leisurely and stopping to take pics along the way and it took a total of 8 minutes. To me, it was not far at all.

Just an FYI.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #2429
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
We were at CBR in October and friends of our were going to be staying in Trinidad South a couple weeks later. I walked from Old Port Royale to the farthest point of Trin South, very leisurely and stopping to take pics along the way and it took a total of 8 minutes. To me, it was not far at all.

Just an FYI.
OK thanks, that's not bad-I can see them walk for breakfast and then jump on the MK bus for example, unless and internal bus comes by-may as well hop on that.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #2430
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Just an FYI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
They do not stop there first, however, they do always stop and depart from Old Port Royale at some point. So, you can get off there to eat/swim, and you can get on there after eating/swimming. If you're going to a park, just hop that park's bus. If you're going back to your section of the resort, you can take the internal shuttle if you want to.
Thanks everyone, very helpfull. They are only there 3 nights so not much time to get used to the bus route. I will pass this on.

Sounds like on park return-just stay on all the way around the resort bus stops until Old Port if your planning to eat or swim.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: