Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #2401
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I believe it's called pixie dust.
Hopefully the Pixie Dustwill be sprinkled upon us in 16 days! Does anyone know if online check-in increases/decreases the chance of getting a dusting
Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #2402
billlaurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredick View Post
We just got back today from staying at CBR. We stayed in Jamaica 4424. We did not ask for a water view but we had a great one! We were almost right across from the bridge and had a quiet pool right next to us too! The walk to the main pool and food court was about 5 min. Of course, the main pool was down after our 1st day. We did get into it our 1st day but it was very cold! Our quite pool was MUCH warmer. We also only had a 3 min walk to our bus stop. Never had to wait more than 15 min for a bus, and our buses where never packed. Full, but not packed. There is a lot of construction and touch ups going on right now (worse at MK) but that is to be expected this time of year. I would say the food court was no better or worse than any other Disney resort we stayed at. I am glad we did not do a pirate room. They are so far away from everything. Maybe if my kids were younger? All in all, great trip and we really enjoyed CBR!
Thanks for all the up-to-date info! I agree about the pirate rooms. At 9 and 12, my boys have lost their pirate fascination a bit and I don't think its worth the extra cost + distance. Though, they would probably still love it! We usually just use the rooms as a place to crash at night while at Disney but this year we've allotted one day to hang out at the resort. Hopefully the weather and pool will be warm when we're there in two weeks I am leaning toward asking for Jamaica! I think the kids would love the trek across the bridge and it looks close to the main pool on the map. Too bad they don't have the pirate rooms in Trinidad North. That would be tempting
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #2403
billlaurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.
Watched your video! I think I'm more excited now than the kids (or maybe that was always the case) about our trip to CBR in 16 days
Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #2404
jaman12
Mouseketeer

Is there a gym or some sort of exercise room onsite at CBR? I didn't see anything online. Just curious.
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #2405
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.
I'm such a sap, I cried during your video. It looks like you and your daughter had an amazing trip.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #2406
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaman12 View Post
Is there a gym or some sort of exercise room onsite at CBR? I didn't see anything online. Just curious.
No. The only moderate with an exercise area is Coronado Springs.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #2407
jaman12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No. The only moderate with an exercise area is Coronado Springs.
Thanks!
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #2408
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Daily Events Schedule?

Anyone have a copy of a somewhat recent schedule of resort events that you get at check in? It's been a while since we stayed at CBR, but are thinking about a short stay in August. We plan to spend lots of time at the pool since it will be so hot. Last time we stayed here we never saw any pool parties or movies at night like we've experienced at other resorts over the last year or two. I'd love to see a schedule to determine if we want to stay at CBR or go with a different resort. Thanks.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #2409
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Preferred locations

I have another question. We've only stayed in the pirate rooms so far. While we think they are adorable, and my children and myself don't mind the walk, my mom will be with us and she has some difficulties with lots of walking, and often has to rent a scooter in the parks. If we stay at CBR this summer we are going to book a preferred location. What building should we request? Is there a certain building that has an advantage over other preferred buildings. I'd like a location that's as close to the main pool and food court as possible, but also close to a bus stop. It looks like building 26 in Martinique would be a great location. Any suggestions?

Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #2410
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
I have another question. We've only stayed in the pirate rooms so far. While we think they are adorable, and my children and myself don't mind the walk, my mom will be with us and she has some difficulties with lots of walking, and often has to rent a scooter in the parks. If we stay at CBR this summer we are going to book a preferred location. What building should we request? Is there a certain building that has an advantage over other preferred buildings. I'd like a location that's as close to the main pool and food court as possible, but also close to a bus stop. It looks like building 26 in Martinique would be a great location. Any suggestions?
We've stayed in Martinique 25 and 26 and they both seemed very close and convenient to Old Port Royale. We also have stayed in Trinidad North 31 and it wasn't a long walk at all, but seemed farther from the food court than the Martinique buildings -- but closer to the pool, if that makes sense.

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #2411
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
Anyone have a copy of a somewhat recent schedule of resort events that you get at check in? It's been a while since we stayed at CBR, but are thinking about a short stay in August. We plan to spend lots of time at the pool since it will be so hot. Last time we stayed here we never saw any pool parties or movies at night like we've experienced at other resorts over the last year or two. I'd love to see a schedule to determine if we want to stay at CBR or go with a different resort. Thanks.
I know that the times of activities will change with the seasons, so not sure if a recent schedule will be of any use. I can say that when we were there this past October, they had activities for what seemed like all day every day. We did not spend a full day at the CBR pool, but whenever we walked by they had games, dancing, etc going on. Plus a poolside movie every night.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #2412
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know that the times of activities will change with the seasons, so not sure if a recent schedule will be of any use. I can say that when we were there this past October, they had activities for what seemed like all day every day. We did not spend a full day at the CBR pool, but whenever we walked by they had games, dancing, etc going on. Plus a poolside movie every night.
Ok great, that's actually exactly what I wanted to know. We stayed at CBR in 2009 and 2010 and they never had the pool parties or activities while we were at the pool. However, since then we've stayed at several other resorts that had the pool parties. All that you mention is what we have enjoyed at the other resorts. From what I can tell the activities change a bit, but for the most part its pretty much the same thing at each resort, or at least that's what we've experienced. I really just wanted to verify that they do indeed have poolside activities and parties, and the movie at night.

Where exactly was the movie set up? At WL, Poly, GF, and BC its done on the beach. Is the movie set up on the beach or in the pool area?

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #2413
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
Watched your video! I think I'm more excited now than the kids (or maybe that was always the case) about our trip to CBR in 16 days
It's ok, usually it's the parents that gets excited the most while planning the vacation and researching. We are already experiencing the vacation before we even leave town.

Thanks for the compliment on the video, we had a lot of fun getting it together.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #2414
RHMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm such a sap, I cried during your video. It looks like you and your daughter had an amazing trip.
Thanks, my DD 12 and I really had fun at WDW. It was or 11th visit. We also had a great time making the video.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #2415
RHMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
I just watched your youtube video and really enjoyed it! It gets me so excited for our trip and CBR.
Thanks friend for the compliment! Have a great CBR and WDW vacation

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
DLR 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: