Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #2356
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Friends reserved a Pirates room for Feb 25 3 nights. Are those only in Trinidad South?
Correct, they are only in Trinidad South

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
And what is the stratgey for the bus route? Like how many stops after pick up, how many drop offs on the return from the parks, is it close enough to walk to the H House-or do you need to take a bus around somehow? TIA.
Not sure what you mean by bus "strategy". There is a bus stop for every "village" and Old Port Royale. The order of the stops is determined by where the bus enters the property. There are 2 entrances the bus can come in. Even if you're the first stop on the loop for pick up, your friends will be exiting the property to your park of choice in less than 8 minutes per our last trip.

If they use the Disney Magical Express, after check-in there is an internal resort bus that will take them from the Custom House to their village. About 2 hours after your arrival, Bell Services will deliver their luggage to your room. There is no luggage allowed on the internal bus. Upon check-out, they can call bell services and they will come pick up them and their luggage and take them to the Custom House.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #2357
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Yes they are! And around midnight was my favorite time to use them as you finally can get them to yourself. It's just what the doctor ordered after a full day in the parks.
You betcha! Our favorite thing to do was get a drink from the Banana Cabana and slip into the hot tub while DS swam. What an awesome way to end a long day of having fun!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #2358
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Correct, they are only in Trinidad South

Not sure what you mean by bus "strategy". There is a bus stop for every "village" and Old Port Royale. The order of the stops is determined by where the bus enters the property. There are 2 entrances the bus can come in. Even if you're the first stop on the loop for pick up, your friends will be exiting the property to your park of choice in less than 8 minutes per our last trip.

If they use the Disney Magical Express, after check-in there is an internal resort bus that will take them from the Custom House to their village. About 2 hours after your arrival, Bell Services will deliver their luggage to your room. There is no luggage allowed on the internal bus. Upon check-out, they can call bell services and they will come pick up them and their luggage and take them to the Custom House.
Thank you, sounds like the stops are not too long, well they will have a car so the checkin will be OK.

Was wondering about the H House from Trin S-is that a reasonable walk, or is it a bus that goes all the way around to get there?
Old 01-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #2359
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone else will be there in August? We'll be there from August 17 through the 28th. I'll have my lime green Mickey head on my bag, so please say hi. We've requested Jamaica man, so maybe we can be village mates!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2360
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You betcha! Our favorite thing to do was get a drink from the Banana Cabana and slip into the hot tub while DS swam. What an awesome way to end a long day of having fun!!
Really sounds like heaven Is the bar typically open late?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #2361
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Checked in today..glad we booked a preferred room. Martinique 25...wifi in the room! Check in was super quick! What a beautiful resort! We have a rental car so we haven't used the buses! Weather is great! Currently sitting watching DS in the pool! Sad cause the main pool is closed for reverb Monday reopening Friday!
I won't want to ever stay at a value resort again!
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #2362
staticgirl50
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
Checked in today..glad we booked a preferred room. Martinique 25...wifi in the room! Check in was super quick! What a beautiful resort! We have a rental car so we haven't used the buses! Weather is great! Currently sitting watching DS in the pool! Sad cause the main pool is closed for reverb Monday reopening Friday!
I won't want to ever stay at a value resort again!
Seriously? Ughh I wish I knew the pool was closed our stay. This happened LAST time at CSR too. I have bad Disney luck. My daughter will not be happy with me, lol. The only two times we spring for a mod and pools are closed both times. LOL
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #2363
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticgirl50 View Post
Seriously? Ughh I wish I knew the pool was closed our stay. This happened LAST time at CSR too. I have bad Disney luck. My daughter will not be happy with me, lol. The only two times we spring for a mod and pools are closed both times. LOL
The other pools at CBR should be open though...there are a bunch of them-1 at each "village", and they are pretty good size!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #2364
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticgirl50 View Post
Us too....I know there are a few other pools but no water slides which was what my DS was looking forward too..oh well..hot tub it is
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #2365
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
Really sounds like heaven Is the bar typically open late?

I believe it's usually open until midnight.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #2366
PrincessKate's Mom
Mouseketeer

Just back from an amazing week at CBR. A few things:
There is free wifi in all the rooms. I meant to take a pic of the flyer but forgot. I actually couldn't get wifi at the pool, but rooms were fine. We were in Aruba.
I had read that all the pools were heated, but Aruba was definitely not. We had to head over to the main pool to swim. It was nicely warmed. DD jumped in at Aruba and said she couldn't feel her legs.
There are pool activities every afternoon from 12 to 5 for the kiddos. Games, dance parties, marshmallow roasting on the beach at 5 p.m. My kids participated alot because we were hanging around the resort a bunch this trip. They had fun. BUT . . . if you are looking for a quiet swim, no dice. The pool activities are loud. We could hear them from the Aruba beach.
There were also movies every night near the pool. We didn't watch but did walk by once. They had a bunch of short pool chairs lined up in rows in front of a large blow up screen over to the right of the pool bar near the fountain.
Conferences: I was looking for this information before we left, but couldn't find it. We were there for a conference and wanted to know about buses. They assigned all the conference attendees to one village and the bus stop was a roped off area in the parking lot for the village.
OPR food court was fine. Only disappointment, none of the bays offered Mickey waffles for breakfast. May be because one of the bays was under refurbishment.
Also, the back entrance by Jamaica is definitely for buses only. However, my Garmin tried to take me in that way every time. Probably why people are seen trying to turn in there.
Overall an amazing week at CBR. Can't wait until we can return again!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #2367
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

To All - DD 12 has decided to change our resort to POFQ. Sorry to leave this friendly group of Disney Maniac's, but need to keep DD happy.

Did not know WDW had started complimentary Wifi in the resort rooms. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)

Last edited by RHMH; 01-23-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #2368
staticgirl50
Mouseketeer

They did tell me it will only be down until the 25?

They did tell me it will only be down until the 25th? (the pool) So thats not bad
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #2369
gabyta
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! I'll be arriving to CBR in 5 days and I'm wondering if I'll have trouble charging my electronic devices (camera, cell phone...) Does anyone know what kind of plugs are there in the rooms? Do they offer plug adapters?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #2370
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I am not sure where you are coming from but they are standard 3 prong US outlets. If you have a lot of items to charge I suggest bringing a surge/power strip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: