Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #2326
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Am I correct in assuming that you can easily tell the difference between the internal and park busses? I would hate to think I'm going to OPR and end up in EPCOT!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #2327
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Am I correct in assuming that you can easily tell the difference between the internal and park busses? I would hate to think I'm going to OPR and end up in EPCOT!!!
LOL that would be something that would happen to me

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #2328
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The lit sign on the front of the bus as well as on the side of the bus will say INTERNAL SHUTTLE.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #2329
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The lit sign on the front of the bus as well as on the side of the bus will say INTERNAL SHUTTLE.
Oh, Thank God!!!! I would never hear the end of it if me, being the obsessed super-planner, got us on the wrong bus!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #2330
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
LOL that would be something that would happen to me
Phew.....I'm not the only one!!!....hehehehee! Enjoy your trip you lucky one!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #2331
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, Thank God!!!! I would never hear the end of it if me, being the obsessed super-planner, got us on the wrong bus!!!
Quote:
Phew.....I'm not the only one!!!....hehehehee! Enjoy your trip you lucky one!!!!
I had those same fears before our first CBR stay. The worry was for nothing because we never even used the Internal Bus because the walks around the resort aren't bad at all.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #2332
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I had those same fears before our first CBR stay. The worry was for nothing because we never even used the Internal Bus because the walks around the resort aren't bad at all.
Agree with this completely!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #2333
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

Back from a week at CBR (Jan 5 – 12th)

This was our first time at CBR, and to be honest with you I was looking forward to it, but was also a bit nervous of the resort size and multiple bus stops. I thought I would share some of my experiences as a newbie.

We arrived on Thursday morning around 10:30 am and I wasn’t sure if our room would be ready. I had already told my husband and sister-in-law that we may need to have them hold our carry-ons and go out for a while before we could get into our room. However we were pleasantly surprised during check in and our room in Martinique was ready for our arrival! We were in room 2541, close to Old Port Royal and between two bus stops.

During our walk to the room we walked by the marina, our small beach with very welcoming hammocks (yes we did use them later on in the week) and all the beautiful landscaping. Our room was clean and looked great. The Nemo decorations were subtle and the size of the room was fine for 3 adults. Our luggage was still on the way over to us via Magical Express so we knew it wouldn’t be there for a little while. My DH was running the Half Marathon during the trip so we went over to ESPN World Wide Sports to sign him in and get his goody bag. After that we went down to Downtown Disney for the rest of the afternoon and had dinner at T-Rex. We were on the dinning plan and were very happy that T-Rex had just been added to the restaurant list. The only thing that was different about our experience there, they had to run each card to access the available table service for that person (even though we were all on the same reservation and at any of the Disney restaurants they could take one card for all of us). The meal was great, it was a bit loud in there but that’s the experience and it was a lot of fun.

During the week we used the busses every day, I would say my only SLIGHLTY negative point during the stay were the multiple stops during the bus route. It wasn’t over all annoying or added on much extra time, but I have to be honest and for me, it was a bit tiresome. Nothing that would detour me from staying there again though!

The food court was excellent, the staff was very friendly and very helpful, the food was hot and yummy. The seating area was always clean and tidy. They even had cast members going around and if they saw you were done with your meal would clean away your tray and trash. Very friendly and helpful. I have to say, I’ve stayed at several other resorts and the food court areas tended to be busy and congested, this one was surprisingly not. There were always tables available and the lines were never overly long.

The pool area was great, we used the hot tub the night before the race and it was so relaxing. My DH stayed at the pool the day of the race to soak his weary bones and had a great time both in the pool and in the hot tub. Every night they would play a different movie next to the pool/bar area which was a nice relaxing event to go to (we didn’t make any of the showings, we were out and about at the parks. I did want to make one, but never had the chance). There were also events during the day that we didn’t get to try out as well. Lots to do over at CBR!!

We did take a walk around the resort and there were some areas there were quite a bit away from Old Port Royal, I was very glad to be closer to the main building. Once again, the landscaping was beautiful, even in January there were many areas that had flowers and greenery (which was nice to see with my New England eyes).

Overall, I really liked CBR. Highlights were the friendly staff, the food court, the overall resort location!! We were really close to many of the parks. Oh and the beds were really comfortable as well, yes ours was still a double, but it was fine. Oh and we had wi-fi in our room. Lowlights (for me) were the multiple bus stops, but again, it wasn’t bad and shouldn’t stop anyone from staying at that resort. The busses ran frequently. Only during one night was there a long delay when we were trying to get out of Magic Kingdom following EMH. Every other bus stop had come and gone and all the folks standing in the other lines were happily on their way back to their “home” when we were waiting for our bus to arrive. But that was the only time we really had to wait, so I chalk it up to a great trip!!

I hope everyone looking forward to their upcoming trip has a great time at CBR, I know I did! Actually, I wish I was there now!

POR & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #2334
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Nice review MagicKisses2! It sounds like your stay at CBR was just as pleasant as ours in October. I too wish we were back there right now! Come on October 2013!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #2335
TheMagicMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
all depends on what entrance they use and what park you are going to. Sometimes we went immediately from Barbados to the park, sometimes we stopped at all the other stops first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMom View Post
Hi and !H

A water view can be any view of water, a pool or the lake.

Without requesting a water view we were lucky enough to get a view of the lake during both of our stays. However we were not in the room enough to enjoy the view.

A water view was nice but not something I would pay for on my future CBR stays.

We have never stayed in a pirate themed room. I would booked the room your family would enjoy the most.

I hope this helps,
Amy
Amy,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I would like pirate room because they have been renovated the most recently but I would have to talk to others.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #2336
MagicKisses2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Nice review MagicKisses2! It sounds like your stay at CBR was just as pleasant as ours in October. I too wish we were back there right now! Come on October 2013!
Thank you! I have pictures and I'll try to post some soon, I'll need to figure out how to do it first.

POR & AOA Jan '15 - Did he really sign up for the Goofy Challenge?! ASMo Oct '13 - ToT 10 miler CBR Jan '12 - Official 5th trip and second half marathon! POP Jan '10 - Wayne's first Disney Half Marathon CSR Jan '08 - winter get-a-way POFQ Dec '06 - 1st anniversary AKL Nov '05 - honeymoon
Old 01-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #2337
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKisses2 View Post
Thank you! I have pictures and I'll try to post some soon, I'll need to figure out how to do it first.
I had the same issue when we got back, wanted to post our pictures but didn't know how. Used photobucket and the "how to post an image on the boards" video tutorial located at the link below and had no issue posting pics.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #2338
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKisses2 View Post
It's really simple to post pictures to the Dis. I use Photobucket.com. Once you get your pictures on your computer, you'll need to register with Photobucket and upload your pictures there. After they are uploaded, you'll see three or four links underneath each picture. You'll need to copy the last link and then come over to the Dis and paste the link. Hit Submit Reply and your picture(s) should post.

***Edited: Forgot to add: Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you had a great time at the CBR.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #2339
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the movies are played every night all year? Or a few times a week all year?

We have a trip booked for September. The kids would love that!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #2340
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
Does anyone know if the movies are played every night all year? Or a few times a week all year?

We have a trip booked for September. The kids would love that!
For our October stay, they played one every night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: