Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #2296
-Joy
Earning My Ears

CBR Preferred?

We are arriving at CBR in 14 days! We have a standard room reserved, but are considering upgrading to preferred. Other than a room closer to OPR, what are the advantages of preferred?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2297
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Joy View Post
We are arriving at CBR in 14 days! We have a standard room reserved, but are considering upgrading to preferred. Other than a room closer to OPR, what are the advantages of preferred?
That's it in a nutshell. Preferred rooms are located in the two villages on either side of Old Port Royale. Standard rooms are located in all other villages with the exception of Trinidad South which is where the pirate rooms are located.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #2298
Starwanderer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Joy View Post
We are arriving at CBR in 14 days!
So are we! We can't wait. We've had this booked since late July, but these last few days of waiting are so hard.

We were upgraded to Preferred three years ago. A good move on Disney's part as we have chosen Preferred ever since. It's worth it to us since we like to hang out at OPR after a day in the parks. I like using the spas and the DD loves the main pool. It's nice to have a short walk over to refill our mugs, etc.

If you don't like going over to OPR a lot, it may not be worth the extra cost to you. I can only tell you it's worth it for us.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #2299
kjg5
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info everyone! I just spent the past week reading through this thread in preparation for our upcoming trip! We were originally booked at POFQ, but we switched to CBR to save 30% with the AP rate. I haven't stayed at this resort in 20 years! Then, I LOVED the pool and playgrounds. Now, I'm looking forward to having tropical drinks on a beach!

Speaking of drinks, to those of you who've used Garden Grocer- I know they deliver alcohol but you have to ask for it in the comments section. Do they carry Sangria or any other wine-like beverages (Arbor Mist, etc)? Considering the prices at the pool bar, I think we could save some money this way. We finish off each night with a drink and a walk around our resort, so the price really adds up after a few days!

We're booked in a King room, and I think I'm going to see what we end up with rather than make any requests. I'm looking forward to walking around the resort and we don't have any children so location isn't really an issue.

I can't thank you all enough for the info and pics- You've been so much help!
Celebrated our First Anniversary (a bit early) 5/2012 (CSR)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #2300
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

So my family has agreed to a summer vacation at Disneyworld! We want to stay at a moderate. We love POR but would like to stay somewhere different. We're interested in CBR but I have a few questions that I'm hoping you experts can help me out with!

We'll have one family with a group of 5 but the little one will only be 1. Can they stay in one room?

After keeping up on this thread, I really think it is best we get preferred locations (all of us). Have you ever had a group of 4 rooms and requested 'near' each other with preferred and actually been near each other? We might request a couple connecting rooms but I know it is all a request.

Is there a pool bar? If so, what are the hours and what kind of special drinks do they have at CBR?

And do you recommend Shutters? We'd like to do one or two family sit down meals and it might be best to stick to a restaurant at our resort

Thanks for all the help!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #2301
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone. We're considering CBR for our next stay. I was looking at the map, and noticed there seems to be an entrance off of Victory Way, near Jamaica. Is this for resort guests or buses only?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #2302
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
We'll have one family with a group of 5 but the little one will only be 1. Can they stay in one room?
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this one.

Quote:
Is there a pool bar? If so, what are the hours and what kind of special drinks do they have at CBR?
Yes the do!! It's called Bananna Cabanna and we love it. We were there in October and they were open until at least Midnight every night. It's a full bar and they have Pina Colava and Rum Runner frozen machines.

Quote:
And do you recommend Shutters? We'd like to do one or two family sit down meals and it might be best to stick to a restaurant at our resort

Thanks for all the help!
Sorry, we didn't try Shutters. We did all of our sit down meals while we were out and about. We really enjoyed the Food Court. Lots of very yummy options! Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #2303
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
Hello everyone. We're considering CBR for our next stay. I was looking at the map, and noticed there seems to be an entrance off of Victory Way, near Jamaica. Is this for resort guests or buses only?
I am 99% sure that entrance is only for buses.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #2304
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Thanks dansdad! Shucks, figured it would be a good shortcut for those staying in Jamaica.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #2305
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this one.

Yes the do!! It's called Bananna Cabanna and we love it. We were there in October and they were open until at least Midnight every night. It's a full bar and they have Pina Colava and Rum Runner frozen machines.

Sorry, we didn't try Shutters. We did all of our sit down meals while we were out and about. We really enjoyed the Food Court. Lots of very yummy options! Hope this helps.
Thank you! I love Banana Cabanas (but I think it is a funny name - i always think of banana hammock ) but I've never tried a Rum Runner. Given that I love a good rum drink, I'll have to try it!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #2306
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
(but I think it is a funny name - i always think of banana hammock )
Yep! My wife and I couldn't stop calling it bananna hammock! We're in our 40's but still crack at up some things like we were in our teens.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #2307
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stini228 View Post
Thanks dansdad! Shucks, figured it would be a good shortcut for those staying in Jamaica.
Yes it woud be a great shortcut for those in Jamaica. Now that I think about it, we saw quite a few cars try to get in that way while we were waiting at the Jamaica bus stop. Sadly, they were all turned away.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #2308
jaman12
Mouseketeer

Couple of questions regarding CBR....

Pools - I see on the WDW site that it has 6 heated pools. Would that be the individual pools for each "region"? What about the big pool with slides? Is that heated? We are going in Feb. Trying to squeeze in a swim for the kids. Do I need to bring pool/beach towels or do they have them there?

Food Court - how much time should we allow if we wanted to eat breakfast at one of the quick service places in the food court. There are two morning for sure that I want to do breakfast there before heading out the park. I guess I am wondering how quick is the quick service. lol It would be nice to get waffles/sausage or omelets etc. That would be a "good" breakfast at a quick service price rather than just a pastry of some sort.

TIA!
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
Old 01-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #2309
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yes it woud be a great shortcut for those in Jamaica. Now that I think about it, we saw quite a few cars try to get in that way while we were waiting at the Jamaica bus stop. Sadly, they were all turned away.
At least cars can exit that way. It was a good shortcut to leave the Jamaica area.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #2310
mousecoachjenn
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Love CBR. FYI we have stayed 3 times in a standard room. Requested Martinique all 3 times. First and second times we were upgraded (for free) to the waterview area steps to the beach and could see the water, pool and foodcourt from our doorway. Last visit we were on the backside of Martinique closer the bus stop. Still a good location.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: