Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #2266
mgdisney
Mouseketeer

Woohoo just booked Caribbean beach for May 2 - 20th !!!! This will be are first time staying at this resort! 113 days to go!!!
2012 May WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort/Beach Club
2012 Aug Disneyland - offsite
2013 May WDW - Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #2267
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredick View Post
We arrive on the 21! Can't wait! It's been 10 years since we did this resort. We had Jamaica last stay. Loved it! We'll see where we land this time. Plan on arriving by 1pm. Wonder if we should hang at the resort till our 8pm ohana dinner or hit DTD. I know the boys will do the pool if the weather jumps back up, but I still can't see them staying in the pool long. We could always do DTD on the day we leave. This would just be our only day to really "hang out" at the resort, but to do what? What do you do on your resort day at CBR?
We did our Online Resort check-in today....did you do yours?
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #2268
ladyfoundhertramp
Mouseketeer

10 more days until our first visit to CBR!! YAY

Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #2269
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfoundhertramp View Post
10 more days until our first visit to CBR!! YAY
US TOO ...I did our Online check-in as soon as i got up this morning before work..just couldn't take it anymore We fly into orlando on the 20th but don't check into CBR til the 21st
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic

Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #2270
dredick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation_junkie View Post
We did our Online Resort check-in today....did you do yours?
No, were old school! LOL!
OffSite 6/94, Offsite 6/96, ASM 9/99, ASMo 9/01, CBR 7/02, POR 10/03,FWR 6/04, POP 10/04,PORQ 12/04, 3 TRIPS Offsite '05,ASsp 6/06, ASM 5/07, ASM 7/07, WONDER 9/08, POP 9/08, SSR 6/09, WONDER 6/10,CBR 1/12, POFQ 3/14

Debbie 40 DH 41 DS 16 DS 14
Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #2271
vacation_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredick View Post
No, were old school! LOL!
We love the on-line check-in. Speeds up the check-in process when we get there. No waiting in the long normal check in line !!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #2272
carebee21
DIS Veteran

We fly into MCO tomorrow and then check into CBR tomorrow evening!!! We're so excited. It'll be our first time so much as setting foot at CBR, but the beautiful pictures, recommendations and advice given on this thread have eased the few concerns I had about the resort. Thanks to all those who have taken the time to post pictures and give advice. I hope to have lots of pictures to add once we get back!

Now back to finishing laundry and packing the carry on
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #2273
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Hi! I have a few questions about the pirate rooms at CBR. I looked at pics on the front page of this thread but have not gone through the whole thread. What I need to know is:

1. Are the beds really uncomfortable?

2. How far/long of a walk is it from Trinidad South to the food court?

3. Tell me about the bus situation at CBR. Is it really bad? Do you have to get on 1 bus to go to the main stop & then wait for a Disney bus? If it helps we are looking to be in WDW from 12/8 - 12/15, so crowds should be low to medium.

4. Which is better - standard view or water view?

Thank you so much in advance!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #2274
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
We fly into MCO tomorrow and then check into CBR tomorrow evening!!! We're so excited. It'll be our first time so much as setting foot at CBR, but the beautiful pictures, recommendations and advice given on this thread have eased the few concerns I had about the resort. Thanks to all those who have taken the time to post pictures and give advice. I hope to have lots of pictures to add once we get back!

Now back to finishing laundry and packing the carry on
I hope that you have a great time at the CBR. I'm betting you're going to fall instantly in love with it. Take lots of pictures to come back and share with us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Hi! I have a few questions about the pirate rooms at CBR. I looked at pics on the front page of this thread but have not gone through the whole thread. What I need to know is:

1. Are the beds really uncomfortable?

2. How far/long of a walk is it from Trinidad South to the food court?

3. Tell me about the bus situation at CBR. Is it really bad? Do you have to get on 1 bus to go to the main stop & then wait for a Disney bus? If it helps we are looking to be in WDW from 12/8 - 12/15, so crowds should be low to medium.

4. Which is better - standard view or water view?

Thank you so much in advance!
While we have never stayed in a pirate room, we have stayed at the CBR multiple times. As far as the walk from Trinidad South to the food court goes, I walked over to the village a couple of times to have a look around and take pictures and my walk back to Old Port Royale (food court, main pool, marina, etc.) took me 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace.

We have never had a bad experience with the CBR buses. There are covered bus stops in each resort village. You'll go to that bus stop to catch the bus. The bus will make it's way to the other bus stops within the resort and then head out to the parks. It won't take long at all to make the resort loop unless the bus driver has to help load someone in a wheelchair or scooter. (That happens at every resort.)

I personally wouldn't book a water view at any Disney resort. Disney's definition of a water view could be a little sliver of a lake, a full blown view of a lake or even a view of a pool. I'd save the extra money and book a standard view.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #2275
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
While we have never stayed in a pirate room, we have stayed at the CBR multiple times. As far as the walk from Trinidad South to the food court goes, I walked over to the village a couple of times to have a look around and take pictures and my walk back to Old Port Royale (food court, main pool, marina, etc.) took me 6 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace.

We have never had a bad experience with the CBR buses. There are covered bus stops in each resort village. You'll go to that bus stop to catch the bus. The bus will make it's way to the other bus stops within the resort and then head out to the parks. It won't take long at all to make the resort loop unless the bus driver has to help load someone in a wheelchair or scooter. (That happens at every resort.)

I personally wouldn't book a water view at any Disney resort. Disney's definition of a water view could be a little sliver of a lake, a full blown view of a lake or even a view of a pool. I'd save the extra money and book a standard view.
Thank you very much for your input!

The walk from Trinidad South doesn't seem too bad from what you've said. As far as the buses go, since there are multiple bus stops, is there a certain order that the buses always go in for the stops?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #2276
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thank you very much for your input!

The walk from Trinidad South doesn't seem too bad from what you've said. As far as the buses go, since there are multiple bus stops, is there a certain order that the buses always go in for the stops?
You are welcome. There are two entrances that the buses can use. If they use the side entrance, the buses will stop at Jamaica first, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and then Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #2277
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You are welcome. There are two entrances that the buses can use. If they use the side entrance, the buses will stop at Jamaica first, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and then Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.
Thank you for that info. It really helps me to understand how the buses work there.

And I see you are in Louisiana....me too! "Hi, neighbor!"
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #2278
jaman12
Mouseketeer

Amanda - are you gathering this information to help with my trip planning?

Oh wait...it looks like you may be chaning resorts...AGAIN!
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #2279
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaman12 View Post
Amanda - are you gathering this information to help with my trip planning?

Oh wait...it looks like you may be chaning resorts...AGAIN!
I told you buddy....I'm terrible about deciding on a resort!

I'm between a pirate room at CBR & Courtyard view at Wilderness Lodge.

I was going to tell you this on Sunday....I'm cutting back on our trip because we're building a house!!! Just went & met with the builder today (the house is framed & they are putting on the roof) & we're signing the papers tonight. Momma needs some funds to buy some stuff she wants for the new house!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #2280
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Hello Everyone - to all arriving or already at CBR, you Disney Maniac's have a safe trip and all of you deserve a Great Time !! Hope the weather is super and the lines are short.

Eat a turkey leg for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: