Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #2236
caseyjmu99
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
So from what I'm reading, CBR's rooms are slightly larger than CSR and POR - is that correct?

I found (on the unofficial CBR webpage) info that said the rooms are about 340 sq. ft. Does that include the Pirate Rooms?

CSR's thread said the rooms are about 316 sq. ft. I couldn't find POR's room sizes.
I don't know about the actual room size, since this will be our first stay at CBR. But, when I made our reservations the woman on the phone said that the Pirate rooms were the same size as the other rooms, just a different theme. Also, she mentioned that the Pirate rooms are quite a ways away from the dining area and main bus stop. We originally were going to book a pirate room, but ended up booking a preferred room to be closer to the action.
caseyjmu99 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #2237
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
So from what I'm reading, CBR's rooms are slightly larger than CSR and POR - is that correct?

I found (on the unofficial CBR webpage) info that said the rooms are about 340 sq. ft. Does that include the Pirate Rooms?

CSR's thread said the rooms are about 316 sq. ft. I couldn't find POR's room sizes.
All of the rooms at the CBR (even the pirate rooms) are slightly larger than the other moderate rooms. The CBR rooms are 340 square feet and I believe the others are 314 square feet.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #2238
simba_fan
Earning My Ears
 
simba_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 53

I love this thread! Ive been to Disney many times, but never stayed at CBR. Finally, that is the trip this year! This is a great thread and has already answered many of my questions.
__________________
Previous trips: 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
Disney College Program: 1996-1997
Upcoming trip: 8/2012 Art of Animation {Cars Theme Suite}
Finally convinced my parents to come with us!!

Me: (35) DH: (37) DS: (9)

Mom: Dad:




simba_fan is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #2239
LINYMOM
Mouseketeer
 
LINYMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 158

I am not that familiar with CBR or really Disney. Can you see any fireworks from CBR? Or any other Moderate Resort? Thanks
LINYMOM is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #2240
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran
 
soontobewed07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Far far away
Posts: 2,065

So we just booked for 1/27 to 1/31 per my son's request and where I could get the annual Pass discount I must say I am a bit nervous since our last stay was terrible. We walked in to 3 dirty rooms and then someone trying to get into our room Please tell me you have had better experiences in the last 2 years
__________________
soontobewed07 is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #2241
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 854

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
All of the rooms at the CBR (even the pirate rooms) are slightly larger than the other moderate rooms. The CBR rooms are 340 square feet and I believe the others are 314 square feet.
Nice to know! I haven't told hubby the beds there are only double instead of queen, but perhaps knowing the rooms are a bit larger will help once I do tell him. If we even get to keep our current ressies that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjmu99 View Post
Also, she mentioned that the Pirate rooms are quite a ways away from the dining area and main bus stop. We originally were going to book a pirate room, but ended up booking a preferred room to be closer to the action.
Yes, I have read that. I'm good with it though! I compared the walk from building 35 to Port Royale VS Cabanas 8A to the Pepper Market (CSR) and it's only a wee bit longer. We loved the quiet beautiful walk there. And after a full day in the park, I would rather peace & quiet in the evening.
Disney Addicted is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #2242
dis_guy
DIS Veteran
 
dis_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NE Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINYMOM View Post
I am not that familiar with CBR or really Disney. Can you see any fireworks from CBR? Or any other Moderate Resort? Thanks
You can see the higher fireworks from Epcot from a few places around the resort.
__________________
dis_guy is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #2243
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba_fan View Post
I love this thread! Ive been to Disney many times, but never stayed at CBR. Finally, that is the trip this year! This is a great thread and has already answered many of my questions.
You will love CBR, my DD 12 and I enjoy the Resort. Have a Great Disney Vacation.
__________________
DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
RHMH is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #2244
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,092

30% Discount Pin # (Mail)

WOW!! - I just received a 30% discount pin for our trip in July. That knocks 450.00 off of our original CBR price!!

It's Good for Value and Moderate for the whole month of July and 7/15 - 7/31 for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom.
__________________
DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
RHMH is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #2245
dredick
DIS Veteran
 
dredick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 3,899

We arrive on the 21! Can't wait! It's been 10 years since we did this resort. We had Jamaica last stay. Loved it! We'll see where we land this time. Plan on arriving by 1pm. Wonder if we should hang at the resort till our 8pm ohana dinner or hit DTD. I know the boys will do the pool if the weather jumps back up, but I still can't see them staying in the pool long. We could always do DTD on the day we leave. This would just be our only day to really "hang out" at the resort, but to do what? What do you do on your resort day at CBR?
__________________

Debbie 40 DH 41 DS 17 DS 14
1. OffSite 6/94 2. Offsite 6/96 3. ASM 9/99
4. ASMo 9/01 5. CBR 7/02 6. POR 10/03 7. FWR 6/04
8. POP 10/04 9. PORQ 12/04 10. 3 TRIPS Offsite '05 11. ASsp 6/06
12. ASM 5/07 13. ASM 7/07 14. WONDER 9/08 15. POP 9/08 16. SSR 6/09
17. WONDER 6/10 18. CBR 1/12 19.POFQ 3/14
dredick is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #2246
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
WOW!! - I just received a 30% discount pin for our trip in July. That knocks 450.00 off of our original CBR price!!

It's Good for Value and Moderate for the whole month of July and 7/15 - 7/31 for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom.
CONGRATS! That's $450.00 of extra spending money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredick View Post
We arrive on the 21! Can't wait! It's been 10 years since we did this resort. We had Jamaica last stay. Loved it! We'll see where we land this time. Plan on arriving by 1pm. Wonder if we should hang at the resort till our 8pm ohana dinner or hit DTD. I know the boys will do the pool if the weather jumps back up, but I still can't see them staying in the pool long. We could always do DTD on the day we leave. This would just be our only day to really "hang out" at the resort, but to do what? What do you do on your resort day at CBR?
We like to spend a couple of days at the resort just relaxing on the beach and in the quiet pools. We usually rent a surrey bike on one of our relaxation days. We can make two laps around the resort in a half hour. They also have a bicycles and all sorts of watercraft for rent at the resort marina. When we were there in May, they had a pool table at the marina office and it was free of charge to play.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #2247
Magalex
DIS Veteran
 
Magalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
WOW!! - I just received a 30% discount pin for our trip in July. That knocks 450.00 off of our original CBR price!!

It's Good for Value and Moderate for the whole month of July and 7/15 - 7/31 for Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom.
We received that same code discount for the month of June. We have reservations for CBR from 6/7-6/14..Way too excited
__________________
WDW 2005-POP
WDW 2007-CBR
WDW 2009-POFQ
WDW 2010-POP
WDW 2012-CBR
DL/DCA 2013-Candy Cane Inn
WDW and Sea World Orlando June 2014- The "B" resort in DTD
WDW 2015-POR
Magalex is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #2248
Atchley
"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
 
Atchley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
We received that same code discount for the month of June. We have reservations for CBR from 6/7-6/14..Way too excited
Staying 6-6/6-9 then off to VWL! We love CBR!
__________________
Atchley 16 14

May 30/June 8 2013-AKVJune 6/9 2012-CBRJune 9/16 2012-VWLSept 4/11 2010-BLTSept 3/8 2009-PORJuly 17/25 2009-WLJuly 19/26 2008-WL July 15/22 2006-CBR July 20/26 2003-ASMo
Atchley is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #2249
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)
 
vacation_junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fonthill - Ontario - Canada
Posts: 1,243

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredick View Post
We arrive on the 21! Can't wait! It's been 10 years since we did this resort. We had Jamaica last stay. Loved it! We'll see where we land this time. Plan on arriving by 1pm. Wonder if we should hang at the resort till our 8pm ohana dinner or hit DTD. I know the boys will do the pool if the weather jumps back up, but I still can't see them staying in the pool long. We could always do DTD on the day we leave. This would just be our only day to really "hang out" at the resort, but to do what? What do you do on your resort day at CBR?
We check in the 21st as well...we booked a preferred room so we are hoping we are by the pool and stuff. Its our 1st stay at CBR !!
__________________
The Vacation Junkies
Family Adventures - 11 Disney Land Based Vacations ~ 5 Cruise lines ~154 Days Sailed ~ 22 Ports ...Most Recent Sailed Carnival Breeze & Disney Magic !! UP Next- Allure of the Seas


vacation_junkie is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #2250
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran
 
twoplustwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,163

checking one week from today!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
DH and me DD12 DD9 TwinDS7

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
Nov 2014 - Pop

WDW is my happy place!
twoplustwins is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: