Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #1696
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
My DH said the same thing when I told him that Martinique was one of my requests!! He was like -- if we aren't in Jamaica or Aruba then we won't get to walk across the bridge to OPR! I told him I was pretty sure we were still allowed to walk across the bridge anytime we wanted!!
That is funny! At least I know I'm not alone in my thinking!!!

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #1697
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
I will be travelling to Disney, and when I get up in the morning on vacation I like to take my coffee and go find a comfortable seat (not a park bench if I can help it, and not necessarily by the pool altho I can do either one of those if needs be) and enjoy my coffee. I was thinking that CBR would be nice choice, as I could sit by the beach?
I've been to Disney many times, but I haven't yet been to CBR. (There are other choices similar, but CBR seems to be at my price range)
Thanks
Unfortunately none of the moderate or value resorts have rooms w/balconies. I would imagine they have chairs on the beach or if not you could take one from the pool area to use.

Personally, since we are driving, we plan to toss a couple of those chair in a bags in the trunk. We can pop those up in the morning & sit on the walkway or lawn (depending on which floor we get) and pretend we have a balcony.
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #1698
JerseyGirl
Mouseketeer

Silly question here...I saw that swimming at the main pool they have pool towels but not at the quiet pools. Should we pack beach towels then? I don't want to use the room towels at the pool and then not have a dry one when I take my shower afterwards.... ....or do they give you extra towels?

We plan to come back to the room around 2-3, swim, shower and go back to the park for dinner and more fun.

(me) (DH) (DD 11) (DS 8)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #1699
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

There are plenty of lounge chairs on the beach. There is also a great area outside the food court if you would like to enjoy your coffee there. Plenty of places to enjoy CBR while enjoying your coffee. Just watch out for the fire ants.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #1700
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
Silly question here...I saw that swimming at the main pool they have pool towels but not at the quiet pools. Should we pack beach towels then? I don't want to use the room towels at the pool and then not have a dry one when I take my shower afterwards.... ....or do they give you extra towels?

We plan to come back to the room around 2-3, swim, shower and go back to the park for dinner and more fun.
You can take some extra from the main pool or call mousekeeping and let them know you need extra towels before you head to the parks for the day.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #1701
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraBara View Post

Well it is an enjoyable walk!

Can't wait!!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #1702
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Just a standard my younger dd wasn't thrilled with the looks of the pirate room. I wanted one but I didn't want her scared the entire vacation. We did drop the WP option off our tickets beacuse we thought the pool at CBR would be enough . We are still doing TL since we have some non-expirey's left. The the other day we were planning on doing BB we figured we could do a resort/DTD day,

I really think the move was in our best intrest. But I haven't even told dh he just called for lunch. I thought I would spill the beans but nope. So I'm hoping that CBR and pop still share ME. When we stop at CBR I'm just going to tell them we need to get off.
I think you'll be fine with a standard room. I saw you post that you're going to request a building in Jamaica. We've stayed in Jamaica 3 times and really liked the location.

Did you tell your husband about the change yet or did you decide to keep it a secret?

Quote:
Oh, right! I forgot about Martinique having some standard rooms. I know it is silly, but I would be okay with the color of those buildings too. I just wonder if I would miss going across the bridge to OPR? I really do like that walk!! Hmmm.....I'll have to think some more on what to request......
Quote:
My DH said the same thing when I told him that Martinique was one of my requests!! He was like -- if we aren't in Jamaica or Aruba then we won't get to walk across the bridge to OPR! I told him I was pretty sure we were still allowed to walk across the bridge anytime we wanted!!
Quote:
You two are definitely not alone in your thinking. I love the walk over the bridge and through the island too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #1703
HoltDisney07
Mouseketeer

I am starting to freak out!!! I can't wait for our trip. We leave in 9 days!!!! We have a room only rez for AKL our first night (have always wanted to stay there and this will probably be our only shot unless we eventually buy DVC as we have 3 kids and our youngest is 2). We will move over at CBR from the 19-29th. So I have a few questions:

1. I am planning on heading over to CBR to check in about 7am, do you think I should do online check-in or since I am checking in that early should I just do regular check-in so I can request a change if I really don't like the location of our room? We are planning on doing BB this day so we won't be back to the room until like 3 or 4pm anyway.

2. I have read that if you have free dining all adults have to be present at check-in, does my DH have to be there or can I just check-in for us? We have an ADR at Boma that morning and it would be great if he could stay back and get the kids ready.

3. I have print outs (which I laminated ) to decorate our window at CBR, does anyone have any suggestions on how to hang the stuff?

4. Finally we are renting a car (or a van) and I was wondering your opinions....so we have an 11 day mini-van rental for $346 or a premium car rental for $211 (like a Buick Lacrosse or Buick Regal). I am wondering if we should save the $140 and go with the car. My father-in-law thinks the car will be big enough. We have to fit two booster seats and one car seat (not a big one) in the back seat. DH is taking ME so we can send out luggage along with them and I just have to pick up the rental.

Sorry for all the ??'s I am just starting to spaz out!! I already started packing over the weekend and I actually have two suitcases, a 25" and a 23" with just "our extras" in them!

Thanks!! Jenn
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - POR
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #1704
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Refurb

Does anyone know if CBR has a refurb scheduled in the near future at this time? We are trying to plan our April 2012 trip and thought about giving this resort a try but need queen beds so I wasn't sure if CBR was on the list to be renovated like CSR and POR.

Thanks!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #1705
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
Does anyone know if CBR has a refurb scheduled in the near future at this time? We are trying to plan our April 2012 trip and thought about giving this resort a try but need queen beds so I wasn't sure if CBR was on the list to be renovated like CSR and POR.

Thanks!
I believe CBR rooms were refurbed in 2007. We had a freshly refurbed room Dec. 2008 when we stayed there.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #1706
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoltDisney07 View Post
I am starting to freak out!!! I can't wait for our trip. We leave in 9 days!!!! We have a room only rez for AKL our first night (have always wanted to stay there and this will probably be our only shot unless we eventually buy DVC as we have 3 kids and our youngest is 2). We will move over at CBR from the 19-29th. So I have a few questions:

1. I am planning on heading over to CBR to check in about 7am, do you think I should do online check-in or since I am checking in that early should I just do regular check-in so I can request a change if I really don't like the location of our room? We are planning on doing BB this day so we won't be back to the room until like 3 or 4pm anyway.

2. I have read that if you have free dining all adults have to be present at check-in, does my DH have to be there or can I just check-in for us? We have an ADR at Boma that morning and it would be great if he could stay back and get the kids ready.

3. I have print outs (which I laminated ) to decorate our window at CBR, does anyone have any suggestions on how to hang the stuff?

4. Finally we are renting a car (or a van) and I was wondering your opinions....so we have an 11 day mini-van rental for $346 or a premium car rental for $211 (like a Buick Lacrosse or Buick Regal). I am wondering if we should save the $140 and go with the car. My father-in-law thinks the car will be big enough. We have to fit two booster seats and one car seat (not a big one) in the back seat. DH is taking ME so we can send out luggage along with them and I just have to pick up the rental.

Sorry for all the ??'s I am just starting to spaz out!! I already started packing over the weekend and I actually have two suitcases, a 25" and a 23" with just "our extras" in them!

Thanks!! Jenn
1. Well, I only have one experience, but I will share it with you. We did a split stay last year between CBR/AKL. I did online check in for both. When we arrived at CBR, there was no line. I got everything I needed with no problem and we liked the location of our room. All good!!!
Then, when we went to AKL, it was a bit more of a hassle unfortunately. (not saying this will happen to you.....just our experience) I had a CM that was new, I think, but she was very friendly. She gave me all the info. I needed and directed me to my room. However, she didn't give me very good directions and it took me a while to figure out where to go. We didn't get any of our requests and our room was right next to a smoking area (we don't smoke). I was very disappointed and went back to the front desk. She was able to then give me exactly what I requested with no issues.
All that to say, we had no problem changing our room after having done online check in. One place we got our request, and the other place we didn't, but were able to easily change things around.

2 & 3. I can't answer those.

4. I would rent the minivan and not take any chances. We tried to put a car seat and two boosters in the back of our Honda Accord last week and it didn't work. Not sure how much different a Buick would be, but I'm not sure I would want to take a chance.

CBR - Sept 2001, offsite - May 2008 , CBR/AKL - Aug 2010, CSR/CBR - Aug 2011, CSR - Oct 2012, YC - Aug 2014
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #1707
TaraBara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well it is an enjoyable walk!

Can't wait!!
It has been decided! My husband said he wants the walk. So, I guess I'll be requesting Jamaica. My husband would be VERY happy if we were in the exact same place as last year. We don't really like change.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #1708
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I believe CBR rooms were refurbed in 2007. We had a freshly refurbed room Dec. 2008 when we stayed there.
Do they still have full sized beds? I know CSR was upgraded to queen beds last year and POR is currently undergoing the same upgrade so that's what I was wondering. More about if anyone knows if the beds are scheduled to be changed out in the near future.

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #1709
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Hello Disney Maniac's - Hope everyone scheduled and/or already at WDW, have a great time. We are still going through withdraws.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #1710
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hello Disney Maniac's - Hope everyone scheduled and/or already at WDW, have a great time. We are still going through withdraws.
I do that every trip. I come home and book for next year.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: