Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #1636
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Has anyone who has stayed at CBR ever shipped a package(s) home from the resort?

I talked with a CM just a few mom ago and they said it was really easy. Just take what I want shipped to the front desk and they would handle everything.

I want to see if it really is that easy. We are flying to WDW for 4 nights and then doing a Disney Dream Cruise for 4 nights. I don't want to carry a lot of stuff on the cruise so I thought I would ship home the WDW stuff.

Thanks for any info you might be able to give me.

Allison
Bumping for you because I'd like to know an answer as well. I buy too many souvenirs and often overpack so it'd be nice to know how to ship a package back home.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #1637
budkarin
Mouseketeer

I have to say we stayed at CBR last July 26 -August 9 for our honeymoon, we stayed in Aruba..And I loved it...We had a beautiful room on the corner so we got 2 windows, house keeping was great. I thought the buses ran ok but then again we went during prime season....I loved the fact that each country had its own pool so at 3 in the morning when we were just getting back from a park we would go swimming.
I also have to say alot of family's with kids stayed in the countries closer to the main pool and dining area so it was very quiet. i loved it so much we are going back in well little over a month this time bringing our daughter and grandson.....so EXCITED......
2014: POP Labor Day Weekend 5 Days

Last edited by budkarin; 08-01-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: adding more stuff...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #1638
MNT568
DIS Veteran

The last time we stayed at CBR was about 6 years ago. At that time they had a tattoo stand with the hair wrap stand by the pool. Do they still have a tattoo stand there? We will be there in 15 days! I can't wait!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #1639
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Changed resorts from Dolphin to CBR today to take advantage of free dining offer.
So, now I am on a mission to find out everything about CBR.
It will me me, DH and 2 kids 6 and 8.

We booked a preferred room, not sure if I think that was a good spending of $$ so may look into a standard room. What do you all think?
We will probably use the food court less than once a day or close to once a day. I like the idea of being close to the main pool.

What area do people like best- Trinidad North or Martinique?

Finally, is there a water view preferred?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #1640
catbertdave99
We Wanna Be There NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
Changed resorts from Dolphin to CBR today to take advantage of free dining offer.
So, now I am on a mission to find out everything about CBR.
It will me me, DH and 2 kids 6 and 8.

We booked a preferred room, not sure if I think that was a good spending of $$ so may look into a standard room. What do you all think?
We will probably use the food court less than once a day or close to once a day. I like the idea of being close to the main pool.

What area do people like best- Trinidad North or Martinique?

Finally, is there a water view preferred?
You will love CBR - and your kids will love the main pool!! I prefer Martinique over Trinidad North (we've stayed in both) but there's not a lot of difference. For me, it's more the view as I'm walking to Old Port Royale (food court and main pool), but that's probably nitpicking. They're both fine. If you decide to book Standard, look into Jamaica or Aruba, right across the lake by crossing the bridge -- it's a short walk.

Finally, no, there is no water-view preferred -- it's either one or the other. But I wouldn't put much stock in a water-view anyway -- it can just as easily be a view of one of the quiet pools as a view of the lake.

Have a great time planning!

03/01 - WL; 02/04 - AKL; 04/05 - CBR; 03/07 - CBR; 07/08 - POP; 06/09 - CBR; 06/12 - CBR; 11/14 - CBR/GF
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #1641
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
Has anyone who has stayed at CBR ever shipped a package(s) home from the resort?

I talked with a CM just a few mom ago and they said it was really easy. Just take what I want shipped to the front desk and they would handle everything.

I want to see if it really is that easy. We are flying to WDW for 4 nights and then doing a Disney Dream Cruise for 4 nights. I don't want to carry a lot of stuff on the cruise so I thought I would ship home the WDW stuff.

Thanks for any info you might be able to give me.

Allison
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Bumping for you because I'd like to know an answer as well. I buy too many souvenirs and often overpack so it'd be nice to know how to ship a package back home.
Every trip we take to WDW, we ship a package down with our airmattresses and pump, plus most toiletries, extra shoes, and OTC meds and we also include a smaller empty box folded up to send Souvies home. Then we ship the package home, and our smaller box home with all our treasurers from our trip. It is very simple to do, but you must do it from the CBR check in desk, so you have to get it there. We usually ship it on the day we leave, so we have Bell Svc. pick us up at our room and have them carry our boxes too, and then we ship that with a concierge at the main desk and check in at airline express check in after. It is very easy, but depending on how heavy it is and how much $$ the package is worth depends on the cost.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #1642
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNT568 View Post
The last time we stayed at CBR was about 6 years ago. At that time they had a tattoo stand with the hair wrap stand by the pool. Do they still have a tattoo stand there? We will be there in 15 days! I can't wait!
Both stands were there last summer when we were there.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #1643
mom2_3girls
Mouseketeer

I was planning on staying offsite for our March trip, but when free dining came out it was a much better deal to stay onsite. I was going to stay at POP then decided for a little more I could stay at a Moderate....I decided to let my 15 year old pick which resort to stay at and she choose CBR! I'm VERY excited to be staying, but have been reading its a huge resort! I did my reservation online, can I call and put in a request to stay in a certain building? Is there anything else I need to know?
2012 POP Century/CBR, 2013 BC/AKL, 2013 AoA/Disney Dream, 2014 WL, 2014 BC/Disney Fantasy
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #1644
JerseyGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2_3girls View Post
I was planning on staying offsite for our March trip, but when free dining came out it was a much better deal to stay onsite. I was going to stay at POP then decided for a little more I could stay at a Moderate....I decided to let my 15 year old pick which resort to stay at and she choose CBR! I'm VERY excited to be staying, but have been reading its a huge resort! I did my reservation online, can I call and put in a request to stay in a certain building? Is there anything else I need to know?
Same here...I did all the math, by the time you rent a car, pay for parking, fill it up and pay for groceries it was a cheaper to stay on site

This is our third family disney trip but our first one on site with free dp!

I'm going to the $ store today to look for some inexpensive window decorations for our room!

I called to update my flight information and add an extra night and they asked if I had a room preference, so if you call they can enter it into the computer.

(me) (DH) (DD 11) (DS 8)
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #1645
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

As far as the bus stops go, is there a better building to be in? I'm assuming it's like POR and the busses make their rounds around each bus stop.

Which is first and last?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #1646
weswife
DIS Veteran

We switched yesterday because of FD! We were booked at the BC CL using a pin but the $ saved is worth the switch. The $1700 saved will pay the airfare! We now have table service to use because we were going with QS. So, I guess we need a few ADR.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #1647
weswife
DIS Veteran

PS

for got to mention we are staying 2 extra nights and saved $$$
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #1648
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiqChic99 View Post
As far as the bus stops go, is there a better building to be in? I'm assuming it's like POR and the busses make their rounds around each bus stop.

Which is first and last?
There are two entrances that the buses use at the resort. If the bus comes in from the main entrance near the Custom House, the village of Martinique will be the first stop and Barbados will be the last. If the bus comes in from the side entrance, the village of Jamaica will be the first stop and Trinidad South will be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
We switched yesterday because of FD! We were booked at the BC CL using a pin but the $ saved is worth the switch. The $1700 saved will pay the airfare! We now have table service to use because we were going with QS. So, I guess we need a few ADR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
PS

for got to mention we are staying 2 extra nights and saved $$$
Yay for saving mega-bucks! I am hoping they come out with some type of special offer for our travel dates as well.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #1649
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2_3girls View Post

Don't worry about the size of the resort. It's not the problem people make it out to be for some reason. It's not like you will ever be required to walk around the entire resort for any reason. As for a building to request, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 are always good choices. They are right at the foot of the bridge that crosses Caribbean Cay over to Old Port Royale (OPR) - where the food court/restaurant and main pool/hot tubs are. It's a lovely 4-5 minute walk from those buildings.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #1650
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Don't worry about the size of the resort. It's not the problem people make it out to be for some reason. It's not like you will ever be required to walk around the entire resort for any reason. As for a building to request, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 are always good choices. They are right at the foot of the bridge that crosses Caribbean Cay over to Old Port Royale (OPR) - where the food court/restaurant and main pool/hot tubs are. It's a lovely 4-5 minute walk from those buildings.
I totally agree! I think the walking times and length are exaggerated. The walk around the entire resort promenade is 1.4 miles and there's no reason to walk around the entire thing to go anywhere. (Although I do like to make the walk at least once every trip just to look around and take pictures.)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: