Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #151
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkler View Post
Anyone?

We'll be there in 10 days. When I was wondering the same thing I just searched "CBR pirate beds" and clicked on posts. I had to fish through some but when I did find comments on the bed it was a 50/50 split on whether they were comfortable or not
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #152
Twinkler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
We'll be there in 10 days. When I was wondering the same thing I just searched "CBR pirate beds" and clicked on posts. I had to fish through some but when I did find comments on the bed it was a 50/50 split on whether they were comfortable or not
Thanks I hope you like them
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #153
WIMom
Favorite line from Phineas and Ferb "A stunning lack of monkeys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
For those of us who are lazy (or worn out), how often does the internal bus run through the resort? Does it leave from the same area as the buses to and from the parks?
Thanks!
Hi, we returned a week ago from the CBR.

The internal bus picks up from the same bus stops as the buses to and from the parks.

I don't know how oftern they run as the only time we used the internal bus was when we checked in.

Hope this helps a little,
Amy

WImom, DH, DS14, DD10

'90 - Offsite
'96 & '98 - AllStar Sport
7/10, 4/11, 7/12 - CBR
8/13 - POP
8/14- POR
Old 07-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #154
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
For those of us who are lazy (or worn out), how often does the internal bus run through the resort? Does it leave from the same area as the buses to and from the parks?
Thanks!
It runs continually around the resort. So it should come as often, or more often, than the park buses. Yes, it stops at all the same bus stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momminnie View Post
Hello! I am trying to do research for our next trip. Hopefully the week after Thanksgiving. My husband and son would like to stay in the Pirate rooms but my husband doesn't want to be too far from the food court or the bus stop or a pool. I also have a concern. I was wondering about the beds? I have back problems and I have to be careful what I sleep on. I remember the beds at the PORS were wonderful. Are these the same? Please if any one could possible answer my questions, it is greatly appreciated.
We haven't stayed in a POTC room yet, but we did walk from the Trinidad South bus stop (which is right in the middle of TS) to OPR and it took us 7 minutes, at a leisurely pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
So if we are staying at CBR we can't get our boarding passes printed?? We did EBCI with SWA but just need to get boarding passes on our departure date.
Yes, you can get your boarding passes printed right at OPR at the concierge desk!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #155
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMom View Post
Hi, we returned a week ago from the CBR.

I don't know how oftern they run as the only time we used the internal bus was when we checked in.

Hope this helps a little,
Amy
When I was at CSR a few years ago there was a van that took people checking in to their rooms. Is that no longer true? Do you now have to take the internal bus to get to your room upon arrival? How about getting to the Hospitality House to check out your last day? The DME check in desk is still in the Hospitality House isn't it?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #156
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
When I was at CSR a few years ago there was a van that took people checking in to their rooms. Is that no longer true? Do you now have to take the internal bus to get to your room upon arrival? How about getting to the Hospitality House to check out your last day? The DME check in desk is still in the Hospitality House isn't it?
The van took us & our luggage to our room upon arrival and from our room when we were ready to check out. (Both times we stayed there - 2005 & 2009) I'm pretty sure it's still the same! When we checked in we were told we couldn't take the internal shuttle with luggage.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #157
momminnie
DIS Veteran

Are there pirate rooms on the 1st floor? Are the bus stops near the pirate rooms?
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL family trip, 2009 PORS trip with friends, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014,
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #158
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccoc2002 View Post
I wouldn't worry we always use the bus system for our early morning ADR's and never had a problem.

Thank you

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #159
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize&Blue View Post
How early of a breakfast. My wife and kids had breakfast last year at Kona, 7ish, and a bus driver took them from Pop and dropped them off at Poly. All my wife asked, "What was the quickest way to Poly." he driver said hope in. They were like an hour early for there reservation, walked the grounds for a bit and then seated early.

That's great. Ours are for 8ish most days.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #160
Susabella
Earning My Ears

Question How do you pronounce it?

A silly question, but...

How do you pronounce "Caribbean" Beach Resort?

Do you say Ca-RIB-ean or Cari-BEE-an ?

How do they pronounce it when they say "Welcome to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort" upon your arrival?

Just curious! I want to be saying it right when I get there in August! I tend to say Ca-RIB-ean, but have noticed other people saying it the other way. (I think I do say Pirates of the CariBEEan, but for some reason the resort comes out easier the other way.)

70's Disneyland & FW with parents & Off-Site with HS marching band / Aug 2000 ASMo & DxL & Universal Off-Site / Jul 2001 ASMu / Aug 2006 POP / Jul 2008 POP & Universal HRH / Aug 2010 CBR & Universal RPR
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #161
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susabella View Post
A silly question, but...

How do they pronounce it when they say "Welcome to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort" upon your arrival?

Just curious! I want to be saying it right when I get there in August! I tend to say Ca-RIB-ean, but have noticed other people saying it the other way. (I think I do say Pirates of the CariBEEan, but for some reason the resort comes out easier the other way.)
I say the latter. But, EVERYONE says it differently, including the people working at CBR.

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #162
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Looking for best room location

Hi there- I looked, but couldn't find, for where would be the best building or area to request if we wanted to be close to the food court/ main pool area. Sorry if this has been asked a million times.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #163
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
Hi there- I looked, but couldn't find, for where would be the best building or area to request if we wanted to be close to the food court/ main pool area. Sorry if this has been asked a million times.
That would be a "preferred" room and it costs extra. (Martinique or Trinidad North)

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #164
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momminnie View Post
Are there pirate rooms on the 1st floor? Are the bus stops near the pirate rooms?
Yes, there are POTC rooms on the first and second floor. All of them being in Trinidad South. If you want a 1st floor, you would want to make that request on your reservation. There is a bus stop right in the middle of TS, so you will be close to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susabella View Post
A silly question, but...

In my experience the bus drivers and all CM's have pronounced it Ca-RIB-ean. That's also how I say it. Opposite of how I (and I think most people) say Pirates of the Cari-BEE-an!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #165
WIMom
Favorite line from Phineas and Ferb "A stunning lack of monkeys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
We arrived on the DME bus (without our luggage). After checking in about 10:30 am, we were told to use the internal bus vs the bell services van. They may have told us to take the internal bus due to bell services was busy with morning pick ups for the guests leaving. We didn't have our luggage since we arrived on the DME bus, it was delivered later by bell services directly to our room.

Sorry about the confusion,
Amy

WImom, DH, DS14, DD10

'90 - Offsite
'96 & '98 - AllStar Sport
7/10, 4/11, 7/12 - CBR
8/13 - POP
8/14- POR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: