Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #1576
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallandcartersmo View Post
I'm sure this answer is in this thread somewhere, but 1500 posts is a lot to weed through!

Are all beds in CBR queen sized now? Including the pirate rooms? Isn't that the only mod. with queen beds??

thanks
The CBR beds are all full/double size beds, not queens.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #1577
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

No queen size beds at CBR. They have full size beds. CSR and POR(getting them) have them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #1578
LAS321
When you wish upon a star...

We haven't been to CBR in a few years...do they still have the little "parade" of mousekeeping staff where they play music and give out bead necklaces? That was so much fun when I was having my coffee outside OPR.....
1983 ~ Polynesian, 1986 ~ Hotel Plaza, 1988,1991,1993 off-site, 1995,1997~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza, 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~Caribbean Beach Resort Port Orleans Riverside 2008,2009, 2010 July 2014~ CSR and POR!!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #1579
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS321 View Post
We haven't been to CBR in a few years...do they still have the little "parade" of mousekeeping staff where they play music and give out bead necklaces? That was so much fun when I was having my coffee outside OPR.....
I've seen the castmembers playing music and holding limbo contests in the food court a couple of times.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 AM   #1580
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallandcartersmo View Post
I'm sure this answer is in this thread somewhere, but 1500 posts is a lot to weed through!

Are all beds in CBR queen sized now? Including the pirate rooms? Isn't that the only mod. with queen beds??

thanks
Afraid not! CSR and POFQ currently have queen size beds and PORS is being rehabbed at this time and will also have queen size beds. CBR will be the only moderate that doesn't have queen size beds.

Just FYI: We have stayed at both POFQ and CSR within the last seven months and their queen size beds are not the same. The ones at CSR have a wonderful pillow topped mattress and are sooo comfortable. The ones at POFQ are alot harder and not near as comfortable. However, we were at CBR in Oct and even though their beds are just full size, they were fairly comfortable (not as comfortable at the queens at CSR, but more comfortable than the queens at POFQ).
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #1581
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Question about the coffee - do they put fresh coffee in your room every day or should I bring my own coffee?
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #1582
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Do they have a place to get cactures done at CBR? I saw a hairwrap stand in a photo by the pool.

Thanks

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #1583
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
Question about the coffee - do they put fresh coffee in your room every day or should I bring my own coffee?
Mousekeeping will replace your coffee packets daily. If they do not, simply call housekeeping and they will bring some to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Do they have a place to get cactures done at CBR? I saw a hairwrap stand in a photo by the pool.

Thanks
There is a stand in the food court near the concierge desk. I am not sure what the artist's hours are though.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #1584
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Mousekeeping will replace your coffee packets daily. If they do not, simply call housekeeping and they will bring some to you.

There is a stand in the food court near the concierge desk. I am not sure what the artist's hours are though.

Oh that is so nice to know that the concierge desk is in where the food court is located. I thought I would have to walk all the way back to the main building. I do have to walk back there on our first day since we have a room only the first night before FD starts.

Thanks

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #1585
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Oh that is so nice to know that the concierge desk is in where the food court is located. I thought I would have to walk all the way back to the main building. I do have to walk back there on our first day since we have a room only the first night before FD starts.

Thanks
The concierge desk is pretty small and can easily be overlooked. It's located directly behind the register when you walk into the store through the main part of Old Port Royale. It's near the arcade. We've used the concierge desk several times to purchase Cirque du Soliel tickets and to get bits of information about transportation, operating hours, etc.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #1586
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

I've been back since Sunday. I loved this resort. My husband definitely wants to return here. We did pay for a preferred room, so we have convenient access to OPR.

We loved the food court. We felt it had a ton of options and we never waited very long.

We loved the pool.

We loved the quietness - we even had a ground floor corner room and never heard anything! We had a connecting room and the only time we heard our neighbors (complete with two small kids) was when we stopped to chat with them.

I loved the quiet pool, even when it wasn't, because it was nice to cool off.

I loved the location.

I loved the woman who assisted me, at the online check-in desk. My TA had contacted Special Needs for a ground floor room for me, but I'd been put in a second floor. She was really sweet and helpful in moving me to the ground floor. Concierge was great. Bell services was helpful. Our Mousekeeper was really friendly. Even without asking, she left us extra towels (we'd used quite a few between the heat and the pools... so we had two more than we'd used waiting for us the next day!)

Thanks for all the information, leading up to this trip. I appreciate everyone's efforts!

Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #1587
delilah18
DIS Veteran

For those who have stayed in Pirate Rooms, did you find that you were very isolated from the rest of the resort?
Where there a lot of other people staying in the rooms around you, or where you the only ones?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #1588
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
I've been back since Sunday. I loved this resort. My husband definitely wants to return here. We did pay for a preferred room, so we have convenient access to OPR.

We loved the food court. We felt it had a ton of options and we never waited very long.

We loved the pool.

We loved the quietness - we even had a ground floor corner room and never heard anything! We had a connecting room and the only time we heard our neighbors (complete with two small kids) was when we stopped to chat with them.

I loved the location.

I loved the woman who assisted me, at the online check-in desk. My TA had contacted Special Needs for a ground floor room for me, but I'd been put in a second floor. She was really sweet and helpful in moving me to the ground floor. Concierge was great. Bell services was helpful. Our Mousekeeper was really friendly. Even without asking, she left us extra towels (we'd used quite a few between the heat and the pools... so we had two more than we'd used waiting for us the next day!)

Thanks for all the information, leading up to this trip. I appreciate everyone's efforts!
Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you had a great time.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #1589
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We loved the pool.

I loved the location.

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that you had a great time.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #1590
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We loved the pool.

I loved the location.

Thanks for the awesome review Sarah!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: