Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #91
dd50
DIS Veteran

Jenbears reference to the horn made me laugh because I remember the story.

So you tried as hard as you could to take control of you luggage only for them to get it anyway. Hopefully it will arrive safely.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #92
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am keeping up even though you logged 8 pages in your first day. What a blistering pace! Loved your first installment.

I want to know where in SE Pa you live so that you can get to BWI in 1 1/2hrs cause that's how long it takes me to get there. But I love BWI and prefer it over the Philly airport. Farther, but better.

Poor Judy. Sounds like some hectic days proceeding the trip, but she is all smiles!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #93
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I finally made it over here!! Whew! Six pages in already, way to go Glenn-bo!
Yay Camille! You're here!

Quote:

I know what you mean about the lack of signs to get to ME, it took us a bit to find it this time. Last time they had (even at 10:30 or so at night) a person with a Mickey hand and sign showing the way through part of the airport. Not this time. And what is with the second check in desk for ME??
Proof that change isn't always better. Sometimes leaving a good thing alone is well, good. So glad y'all got to where you were going without any hitches.
I did figure out why I had trouble last year -- the Southwest baggage claim is in the A side of the terminal, while ME is in the B side. So there ya go.

Quote:

We also stayed at CSR, but we actually stayed there the entire time, I was pretty darn happy with resort. Very pretty, great trek to the bus from where we were in the resort (thanks to God for looking out for us and Him proding me to check in early) and wonderful location near, but not to near to the pool. I was pleasantly pleased with our stay.
It was a very nice resort. I don't want to give my overall assessment yet....but, it was nice.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #94
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I am onboard will catch up later !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #95
TrayRene
Mouseketeer

Great start!! I was laughing out loud when I read about the "horn" problem from your previous trip!! I can just picture you all being mortified in the parking lot and trying to drive away - but the noise is still following you!!

You must post a picture of Swiffer!!

And in regards to the battle/war: Coke/soda!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #96
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Jenbears reference to the horn made me laugh because I remember the story.
Great moments in Glennbo history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
So you tried as hard as you could to take control of you luggage only for them to get it anyway. Hopefully it will arrive safely.
Yeah, no big story there so I don't mind giving it away. It will arrive safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am keeping up even though you logged 8 pages in your first day. What a blistering pace! Loved your first installment.
I'm about to faint. I'd be in bed if I wasn't here trying to load some Photopass numbers....which takes forever!

Quote:
I want to know where in SE Pa you live so that you can get to BWI in 1 1/2hrs cause that's how long it takes me to get there. But I love BWI and prefer it over the Philly airport. Farther, but better.
West Grove. I can get on Rt 1, (oh, not the route 1 near you), head into Maryland and pick up 95 below the tolls. And we don't have any chicken trucks over here to contend with. just kidding

I'd rather drive to Philly, but the fares out of BWI were WAY better. It was a no brainer.

Quote:
Poor Judy. Sounds like some hectic days proceeding the trip, but she is all smiles!
She was a trooper. Wait, that looks like State Trooper. Maybe it's trouper? I don't know. She did great, and everything that had to get done, got done. Everything else, well, didn't.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #98
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayRene View Post
Great start!! I was laughing out loud when I read about the "horn" problem from your previous trip!! I can just picture you all being mortified in the parking lot and trying to drive away - but the noise is still following you!!
Oh you have no idea. That is a 100% true story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayRene View Post
You must post a picture of Swiffer!!

And in regards to the battle/war: Coke/soda!!
Here's an older picture that I posted mid-way through my 2009 TR. It's the easiest one for me to get my hands on at the moment.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #99
TrayRene
Mouseketeer

Swiffer is such a cutie!! How old is (s)he?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #100
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Followed you from Dan's report.

Great start. Love the sign photo.

Look forward to more.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #101
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Hey Glenn,

Great to see you are on your way. I love the picture of the entry gate. We never seem to get one, at least not that good, and every time I see it, I'm reminded of National Lampoons version "Wally World."

We have used the baggage pick up because we pack an extra set of clothes in our carry ons.

As for the beverage debate: Coke and Pepsi both hurt my stomach so neither, and in my life it has been Pop while living in Colorado and Soda while living in Washington State.

That pup of yours is cute, but I would worry about the name Swiffer. Does your dog first wet the floor and then wipe it up afterwards? Just wondering...

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #102
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Mostly a lurker, but I'm going to try to remember to post more! I love the first installment!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 06-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #103
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Love the picture on the shuttle bus! It's always fun when you have outgoing strangers join in.

I was cracking up picturing you eating your cookie.

What a neat science experiment! I never would have thought of that. I'll have to try to remember for next time I fly with the boys.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #104
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Yeah, we called it "pop" where I grew up, but they don't down here in this part of the state. It's funny you mention this today since my kids and I just had a discussion about this. They're siding with the locals and calling it "soda". We got pizza for dinner tonight and James asked if he could have a soda with it. I wouldn't let him until he called it "pop".
My family in Chicago call it POP, and my mother always called it POP. My kids grew up in MA where it's called it "Tonic" - how weird is that? I grew up mostly all over the South and any dark cola was simply referred to as "coke"; When ordering a real Coke, one would ask for Coke-a-Cola, otherwise we just asked for a coke - I still do. In most of the Southern states the waitress would not say "We have Pepsi", they will just bring whatever, no questions asked. In Boston, I'd ask for a "coke" and the waiter would have to tell me if it was Pepsi - still makes me giggle. People can be so picky!!

So what do y'all call a milkshake? In Boston it is a Frappe (pronounced Frap)- if you ask for a milkshake you'll get milk and flavoring mixed together, no ice cream added. In RI it is a Cabinet with with ice cream, a milkshake without.

Your pup is darling! Is s/he a Bichon?

Ready for the next installment, please.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 06-26-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typos and more typos
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #105
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I am reading. Really, I am! Sorry....

Just wish I could type all the responses I want to... Geesh, another case of "getting behinditis".

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: