Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
happydayva
disney magic 4 3!

photopass on Disney Cruise Line

I was just curious.....I had read somewhere a while back that the disney cruise ships were gonna adapt the photopass technology on the ships. It has been 2 years since we have gone on a disney cruise, so does anyone know if this has happened? I was curious if the new Disney dream would have this option? We usually buy the photopass CD when we go the the World, and would love to do that with our next cruise!!
happydayva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydayva View Post
I was just curious.....I had read somewhere a while back that the disney cruise ships were gonna adapt the photopass technology on the ships. It has been 2 years since we have gone on a disney cruise, so does anyone know if this has happened? I was curious if the new Disney dream would have this option? We usually buy the photopass CD when we go the the World, and would love to do that with our next cruise!!
I was just on the Magic in the Med last month, and it was not Photopass. Don't know what the system was when you were on 2 years ago, but they have a system (kiosks) where you can view your pictures throughout the cruise, and you can buy a CD of all of your pictures, but it's not through photopass. You get it the last day of the cruise. No frames or other embellishments like on photopass, either. That's only available if you buy the actual prints from Shutters.

Hope that answers your question. Don't know if there are changes happening any time soon.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
happydayva
disney magic 4 3!

Thanks!! That's kinda what I wanted to know-about the CD! On our last cruise, we had sooooo many great pics that it was like torture to pick just a few to buy!! And they were TERRIBLY expensive!! Do you know how much they were charging for the CD's??
happydayva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
pluto1979
DIS Veteran

They are still trying to get photopass to work on the DCL. It takes time and when they think they have it, something new comes up. Maybe they will have it for the Disney Dream?

Keep your fingers crossed!

Be sure to follow my blog about my life as a Disney Cast Member!
Disney Dreamer & Magic Maker
http://www.disneycm.blogspot.com
pluto1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
Zidane
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydayva View Post
Thanks!! That's kinda what I wanted to know-about the CD! On our last cruise, we had sooooo many great pics that it was like torture to pick just a few to buy!! And they were TERRIBLY expensive!! Do you know how much they were charging for the CD's??
Yeah me and my girlfriend bought the 8 pictures or something pack for $89 because the pictures were just great we had to get them, I wish we had take more pictures with the cruise professional photographers, theres really a big difference.

The CD is worth it you guys get a lot of pictures, and I'm talking at least 30 because I think it goes somewhere around $200 to $300, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
truck1
Growing older but not up.

I dont know the current prices off hand, but I think that they vary from cruise to cruise due to length.

From what I understand,every picture that is taken on your cruise (At pierside,excursions CC etc) is on that cd.If you take 50 during the cruise, those fifty are on the disk.The downside, is that as posted above, the pics do not come with the DCL borders.The actual print pictures, come with them. Theres several different print packages available, at varying prices.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
Yeah me and my girlfriend bought the 8 pictures or something pack for $89 because the pictures were just great we had to get them, I wish we had take more pictures with the cruise professional photographers, theres really a big difference.

The CD is worth it you guys get a lot of pictures, and I'm talking at least 30 because I think it goes somewhere around $200 to $300, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
I think it is $299 for the 3-4 (maybe even 5 day)....the 7 day is $399. Not sure the pricing on longer than 7 day. Sure makes the photopass CD seem cheap, and with it you get backgrounds and some editing options before ordering the CD.

Etsy ID: MirandaG819
mirandag819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Just off the Magic, 6 night cruise, January 18 2013, and I took a picture of the the photo price page, but now I can't find it... If I remember correctly the prices were $13 for a single 5x7, $20 for a single 8x10, $250 for 25 and $350 for all of your cruise photos. If I find the picture, I'll come back and edit if necessary, but I'm pretty sure these are correct.

Trip report in progress.......

1TL Me and 5
2013: Disney Cruise, Galveston/Eastern Caribbean; Coronado Springs 2012: Grand Floridian 2011: Wilderness Lodge 2010: Port Orleans, Riverside:

...and the pre-BHE trips:Disney Cruise, Caribbean 2008; 1999 Annual Passholder; WDW First Visit: 1990

Oh My Goodness this Disboards thing is so addictive... what have I gotten myself into?????
SoMosMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
dorkeemn
Mouseketeer

The price for a complete cd of images varies based on the number of nights of your cruise.

And although this post is 2 years old - no - they have not implemented photo pass as of yet on the ships, although they are getting closer with the linked KTWC technology (any card from your room will combine photos), and face detection (at least when no characters are in the photos).

Dave
dorkeemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMosMom View Post
Just off the Magic, 6 night cruise, January 18 2013, and I took a picture of the the photo price page, but now I can't find it... If I remember correctly the prices were $13 for a single 5x7, $20 for a single 8x10, $250 for 25 and $350 for all of your cruise photos. If I find the picture, I'll come back and edit if necessary, but I'm pretty sure these are correct.

Trip report in progress.......
Yikes! A zombie thread resurrected.

Anyway, here's the price list, it from a 7 night cruise, the price for the full CD varies by length of cruise.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
SoMosMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Yikes! A zombie thread resurrected.
LOL! I don't even know how I came across such an old post to reply to... must've been searching for something and got sidetracked. Didn't even notice the date.

1TL Me and 5
2013: Disney Cruise, Galveston/Eastern Caribbean; Coronado Springs 2012: Grand Floridian 2011: Wilderness Lodge 2010: Port Orleans, Riverside:

...and the pre-BHE trips:Disney Cruise, Caribbean 2008; 1999 Annual Passholder; WDW First Visit: 1990

Oh My Goodness this Disboards thing is so addictive... what have I gotten myself into?????
SoMosMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
MoukyMouse
Mouseketeer

Well, I'm glad you did find this thread to reply to. I wanted to know about PhotoPass on DCL too. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

5n price for the CD is $300, and for $50 more you can get all the prints. This was on a 5n on the Dream last August, and a 5n on the Wonder last month. All photos on the CD will include the borders and logos as the regular prints.

On the Dream, the photos on the CD half of them included borders and logos. On the Wonder all of them included the borders (we only bought the 10 pictures on CD package this time).

BTW, the 10 or 15 pictures options can either be the actual prints, or the CD. The CD has the difference that you can select the prints you want at home and then print them out at your photo lab. I prefer this as I can adjust them to fit the size I want.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I wonder why DCL hasn't moved away from an outside company to using PhotoPass on the ships.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Cool They Need Photo Pass

We were on Magic bought big package had hard time getting the twenty pictures to print out correctly.

To Quote Minnie321 the current system sucks.

A lot of this may have to be not set up for US standards in photo world.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: