Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #91
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish9697 View Post
I ended up making a Mears reservation for Friday. Pick up times at Disney Resorts are hourly starting at 6:25am through 2:25pm.

Return times are hourly from 3:15pm through 2:15 am.

I chose the 7:25am pick up time for this Friday the 17th and they told me I could call 2 hours in advance for a pick up time since I am not sure when we'll want to leave. IOA park hours Friday are 9-7...we'll probably eat at CityWalk before we head back.
We may be on the same shuttle. DH had food poisoning on Monday so we changed our universal trip to this Friday. Say hi if you see us,but don't sit near me! I've picked up a terrible head cold! Ugh! We catch something every time we come to Disney.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #92
TruBlu

We did the Dreams Unlimited package. It was FANTASTIC!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #93
lgj5136
Earning My Ears

Please help me make the best decision.......

Greetings All!

This is my very first post! Arriving in Orlando on 1/27/11. We land around 9:45 a.m. and will be taking DME to Wildnerness Lodge for 5 days. We only have the remainder of that day to go to Universal for the first time, the other days are already booked up with Disney Parks. Not knowing exactly how long it will take to get off plane, walk to get on the DME bus and actually arrive at our resort....I'm concerned about scheduling the Mears bus to pick us up at the resort for the ride to Universal. If I schedule it to soon and the ride from the airport takes too long, I'll miss the bus. If I schedule it later, we may be missing valuable Universal time. I believe Universal closes at 6:00 that day, so we really will have only a few hours. From anyone's experience, should I stick with Mears and have a planned pick up and return time or should I bite the bullet and have a greater expense by taking a cab which would give us the flexibility, and maybe even a faster way to get there? I should note that we do already have our tickets to Universal, they are 2-park 1 day tickets and there will be 2 adults only in our party. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
lgj5136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #94
lgj5136
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgj5136 View Post
Greetings All!

This is my very first post! Arriving in Orlando on 1/27/11. We land around 9:45 a.m. and will be taking DME to Wildnerness Lodge for 5 days. We only have the remainder of that day to go to Universal for the first time, the other days are already booked up with Disney Parks. Not knowing exactly how long it will take to get off plane, walk to get on the DME bus and actually arrive at our resort....I'm concerned about scheduling the Mears bus to pick us up at the resort for the ride to Universal. If I schedule it to soon and the ride from the airport takes too long, I'll miss the bus. If I schedule it later, we may be missing valuable Universal time. I believe Universal closes at 6:00 that day, so we really will have only a few hours. From anyone's experience, should I stick with Mears and have a planned pick up and return time or should I bite the bullet and have a greater expense by taking a cab which would give us the flexibility, and maybe even a faster way to get there? I should note that we do already have our tickets to Universal, they are 2-park 1 day tickets and there will be 2 adults only in our party. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Okay, well apparently I've made 3 posts already according to the box on the left Didn't remember that!
lgj5136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #95
TruBlu

Quote:
Greetings All!

HI!

To the DIS!

If it were me, I'd go with a cab. Our Mears shuttle picked up guests from other resorts. It didn't take a huge amount of time, but it did slow us down some - especially on the return. I think it'd be worth the extra cost.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #96
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Greetings All!

We would agree with TruBlu - taxi/cab would give you the most flexibility
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #97
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

taxi for 9

we have nine of us in our party, and our son uses a wheelchair. Do any of the taxi's fit that many? Also, which taxi service is the best?
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #98
BrizMarc
YOUR AD HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish9697 View Post
I ended up making a Mears reservation for Friday. Pick up times at Disney Resorts are hourly starting at 6:25am through 2:25pm.

Return times are hourly from 3:15pm through 2:15 am.

I chose the 7:25am pick up time for this Friday the 17th and they told me I could call 2 hours in advance for a pick up time since I am not sure when we'll want to leave. IOA park hours Friday are 9-7...we'll probably eat at CityWalk before we head back.
I have a question, do you make the Mears shuttle booking 24 hours in advance or can you make it further out? For example a week or month? Also do you need to pre tell them your return pick up time from Universal when you book your pick up time from Disney?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #99
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizMarc View Post
I have a question, do you make the Mears shuttle booking 24 hours in advance or can you make it further out? For example a week or month? Also do you need to pre tell them your return pick up time from Universal when you book your pick up time from Disney?
I didn't try to make our reservation early, so I can't answer that part of your question. My DH actually got sick the night before our planned 7 am pick-up. I was able to call the night before and change our pick-up from Tuesday to Friday morning.

For our return, they asked that we call 90 minutes before we wanted to be picked up. I called as we were getting on our last ride for the night. By the time we walked over to the pick-up site our shuttle was arriving.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #100
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Ed Korgan was our transportation provider this week. He was WONDERFUL! Thanks to the DIS for his name and number.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #101
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Has anyone done the deal for $114 that is posted here? The one where you get the Universal ticket and shuttle from Disney? I was just wondering if it worked out okay?
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #102
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Has anyone done the deal for $114 that is posted here? The one where you get the Universal ticket and shuttle from Disney? I was just wondering if it worked out okay?
I have. My dd and I did it last summer. It was wonderful. Just be sure to bring everything with you. Print out that confirmation..it makes it so much easier at the bus. You can call them the day before you want to head to US/IoA and they will give you some times to choose from.
Then you can either decide at that time when you want to return, or you can call from US/IoA a few hours before you are ready to leave. They will give you a pickup time then.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #103
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
Are you talking about the one with Dreams Unlimited? If so, yes. It was great!!! I even accidentally got in the line for early entry to IOA (no clue what I was doing), and they let us in early!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #104
danicolie
Earning My Ears

Mears - pick up/drop off locations

Hi!

I know that Mears picks you up at your hotel, but do you have to get dropped off at the same hotel at the end of the day?

We're staying at Coronado Springs, plan on spending 2 days at Universal and arranging transportation through Mears. We want to be picked up at our hotel in the morning but dropped off somewhere else at the end of the day. One night we have dinner reservations at a different resort hotel and the other night we're having dinner at Epcot.

Will Mears do this?
Or do we have to leave Universal earlier, get dropped off at our hotel, only to immediately hop on Disney transportation to get to our dinner location?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #105
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicolie View Post
Hi!

I know that Mears picks you up at your hotel, but do you have to get dropped off at the same hotel at the end of the day?

Will Mears do this?
Or do we have to leave Universal earlier, get dropped off at our hotel, only to immediately hop on Disney transportation to get to our dinner location?
Ask them when you call to make your reservation. We asked the shuttle driver if he could drop us at Downtown Disney instead of AKL and he said NO. He said that they don't go to DTD. You may have better luck with another resort. We had to go to several hotels (not just Disney ones) to drop off other people. We were last out. It was sad to watch DTD pass us by not once but twice as we drove around to drop people off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: