Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #61
allyxo
Earning My Ears

Is the dreamsunlimitedtravel.com site a realiable site? It says $121 w/ transportation & tax. Has anyone ever used this site? It says I have to pick the tickets up at Will Call Kiosk. How does the transportation work?
allyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #62
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyxo View Post
Is the dreamsunlimitedtravel.com site a realiable site? It says $121 w/ transportation & tax. Has anyone ever used this site? It says I have to pick the tickets up at Will Call Kiosk. How does the transportation work?
I have booked 3 prior trips to Disney thru dreams unlimited and am booking next years trip with them as well... so I can tell you that they are reliable... However, I haven't done the ticket and transfer to universal yet.... hoping to do this next year.... so I need the same answers about that.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #63
allyxo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
I have booked 3 prior trips to Disney thru dreams unlimited and am booking next years trip with them as well... so I can tell you that they are reliable... However, I haven't done the ticket and transfer to universal yet.... hoping to do this next year.... so I need the same answers about that.
Thanks makes me feel more comfortable ordering with them.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #64
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just booked this feature for transportation to/from US & Disney. Wondering if anyone has before. How did it work for you??? Would you do it again?
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #65
allyxo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
I just booked this feature for transportation to/from US & Disney. Wondering if anyone has before. How did it work for you??? Would you do it again?
I didn't book it yet, I was looking around to see if I could find it cheaper from any other site. I was kind of confused by the "electronic pick-up" I was kind of worried that it wouldn't work and I wouldn't have a ticket or something. Also, it said the transfer is unavailable from 10am-3pm. Not sure if I'm going to buy from here but I may. Have you had any trouble so far?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #66
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What time do the Mears shuttles pick you up? I am thinking if we did Se World I would not want to go super early do the pick up around 11AM or is that too late? And do they pick you up right at your resort?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #67
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What time do the Mears shuttles pick you up? I am thinking if we did Se World I would not want to go super early do the pick up around 11AM or is that too late? And do they pick you up right at your resort?
You arrange for the pick up time whenever you want, and yes, they pick you up at the resort.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #68
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We are looking into doing the 1day tickets to Universal w/transfer offer on our trip next year. I don't know about Sea World, but I don't see why they wouldn't pick you up at your resort since they do it for those going to other places.

I do see that there is a disclaimer on the offer that we plan to use that says the shuttle service is "available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel" But this is for Universal... don't know if it would apply to your situation or not.

I tried to search for you... on mouse savers it says there is a lynx bus that can also take you to Sea World with pickups at the ticket and transportation center and downtown disney for less than $2 each way.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #69
allyxo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
We are looking into doing the 1day tickets to Universal w/transfer offer on our trip next year. I don't know about Sea World, but I don't see why they wouldn't pick you up at your resort since they do it for those going to other places.

I do see that there is a disclaimer on the offer that we plan to use that says the shuttle service is "available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel" But this is for Universal... don't know if it would apply to your situation or not.

I tried to search for you... on mouse savers it says there is a lynx bus that can also take you to Sea World with pickups at the ticket and transportation center and downtown disney for less than $2 each way.
I find it a little strange that they can't pick you up from 10-3.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #70
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yeah me too

Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #71
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

I'm trying to decide between the Dreams Unlimited Package and a taxi. Any advice? (We have 2 adults and 2 children if that makes a difference.)

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #72
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yeah, it seems like some of that would be prime time. At least maybe 10-noon.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #73
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I'm trying to decide between the Dreams Unlimited Package and a taxi. Any advice? (We have 2 adults and 2 children if that makes a difference.)
If you look at the cost of the Dreams package and the cost of just tickets. They are the same. So if you go with the Dreams package you have free transportation, while if you want more freedom of time, you can go for the taxi.. it will just cost you more.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #74
Magicstar
Earning My Ears

OK there are still things I dont get

If I want to book Mears Transportation Shuttle. From POFQ to Universal, I have to call them 24 hours before... but

-Do they drive whenever we want?
-Do they come to our hotel?
-Are the 18$ for one way or for returning, too?
-When do i have to say them the time of returning to Disney?

Thanks a lot
Magicstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #75
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicstar View Post
OK there are still things I dont get

If I want to book Mears Transportation Shuttle. From POFQ to Universal, I have to call them 24 hours before... but

-Do they drive whenever we want?
-Do they come to our hotel?
-Are the 18$ for one way or for returning, too?
-When do i have to say them the time of returning to Disney?

Thanks a lot
Yes the cost is $18 each person RT, and yes they come to your hotel. You can request the times for the service both ways, or you can call Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: