Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #46
iluvepcot
Mouseketeer

same day rental car

Does anyone know which car rentals are at disney that could be used for one day to drop off at Universal in a resort transfer? So far:

Hertz is at SOG and Universal(? where)

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks

After 3 postings on 4 threads, this is all I could find out.. Does anyone also know if they charge extra since this is not round trip and drop and pick up would be different locations?

Thanks
iluvepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #47
disneydaft
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvepcot View Post
Does anyone know which car rentals are at disney that could be used for one day to drop off at Universal in a resort transfer? So far:

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks.

After 3 postings on 4 threads, this is all I could find out.. Does anyone also know if they charge extra since this is not round trip and drop and pick up would be different locations?

Thanks

They won't charge extra for 1 way rentals between those locations as we are doing the same.
We are picking up from the dolphin and dropping off at the Sheraton. It is only a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute cab from there to Universal.
Nov 93 - Disneyland California. Nov 04 - Ecconolodge MW Sep 05 - Sleep Inn MW. Sep 06 - Pop Century/Hampton Inn UB. Sep 10 - SSR/Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld. Jan 11 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando. Sep 12 Old Key West - (Just me and my boy)
disneydaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #48
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvepcot View Post

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks

Thanks

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/locat...sp&locType=pUp

Just go to the car rental website and look in their locations in Orlando. It will say where the locations are. It is probably faster to look at the websites yourself than wait for someone to answer.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #49
christykny
Earning My Ears

I'm looking for same. 5 of us going from Port Orleans Riverside one-way to RPR. Mears quote is $42 plus tip which would put us around the $50 that I expected. Called Hertz (and looked online) and could not a pick up spot near our hotel (or another Disney resort for that matter). Will check into the Dolphin to Sheraton idea, but I'm guessing it won't be less than Mears and more trouble (though would be able to make a store stop).

Update: I'm getting a quote online from Alamo of $63.88 for compact to go from Dolphin to Sheraton (then walk to RPR), so not really worth the trouble for us. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Last edited by christykny; 08-10-2010 at 07:53 PM.
christykny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #50
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by christykny View Post
I'm looking for same. 5 of us going from Port Orleans Riverside one-way to RPR. Mears quote is $42 plus tip which would put us around the $50 that I expected. Called Hertz (and looked online) and could not a pick up spot near our hotel (or another Disney resort for that matter). Will check into the Dolphin to Sheraton idea, but I'm guessing it won't be less than Mears and more trouble (though would be able to make a store stop).

Update: I'm getting a quote online from Alamo of $63.88 for compact to go from Dolphin to Sheraton (then walk to RPR), so not really worth the trouble for us. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Here are the Hertz Disney locations (just put Disney in where it says enter location):

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/locat...sp&locType=pUp
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #51
christykny
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Damo. I had actually seen those, but am not familiar with the area so didn't recognize them.. ie, shades of green? In any case, I wrote an email to Ed Korgan who's been recommended on this site and he said he could take care of us from Disney to Universal, and then the return to the airport. (same or slightly lower than with Mears)

So sounds like iluvepcot definitely needs a rental to do other touring, but others can keep Ed Korgan in mind for more than just airport transfers. http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Edward A. Korgan Jr.htm
christykny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #52
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Thank you for the informative thread and the replies.

About a decade ago, I took Mears from the airport to WDW.

I haven't been to Universal in almost two decades, or at least before the Terminator attraction was built.

I use a mobility scooter now, and I would be interested in any experiences using Mears with a mobility scooter for a round trip from WDW to Universal.

I think that I read $18.00 was the regular price. I don't recall the round trip price.

I wonder if they can easily transport me with a mobility scooter and if it costs a lot more than $18.00.
RaySharpton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM   #53
lor
Mouseketeer

Mears Shuttle

Does anyone know how long the mears shuttle takes to get back to Disney?
If we leave US at 6pm we should expect to be back in Disney approx?
lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #54
JustMinnie
The TF's notice everyone and everything...

Ok, I'm just going to ask this. If its been answered anywhere, maybe someone could direct me. We will be driving to IOA from All Star Music. What is the best route to take? I know I don't want to take I-4, because of traffic. But I need directions. I tried MapQuest, but that takes you on I-4, so...need help, please.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #55
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMinnie View Post
Ok, I'm just going to ask this. If its been answered anywhere, maybe someone could direct me. We will be driving to IOA from All Star Music. What is the best route to take? I know I don't want to take I-4, because of traffic. But I need directions. I tried MapQuest, but that takes you on I-4, so...need help, please.
If you want to avoid I-4....take this route from DTD: http://mapq.st/h/8-Zaha
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #56
JustMinnie
The TF's notice everyone and everything...

Thank-you, Metro West!!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #57
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
If you want to avoid I-4....take this route from DTD: http://mapq.st/h/8-Zaha
It is so nice going to Disney by that route. We used it last time when we were heading to Downtown Disney and were really surprised at how much everything has developed. It is a really pretty and very simple drive.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #58
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymoe View Post
Remember...if you are renting a car you will also have to pay for parking at Universal. I think it's $14.00.
Do you know what the cost of renting a car from the WDW Dolphin location is?

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #59
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
Do you know what the cost of renting a car from the WDW Dolphin location is?
It all depends on how long you want to rent the car for, the type of car you rent, etc ... just go to their website and put in your dates, etc, and it will give you a total.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #60
allyxo
Earning My Ears

From Pop Century

I'm going to Disney in March 2011 & my travel agent said starting this year Universal picks you up from your hotel and it was included in my Universal ticket price. Does anyone know about this? My total ticket price was $150 which included transportation and $27 for express pass..thanks!
allyxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: