Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #31
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Thanks damo!!
CAStevens218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #32
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Budget has a desk (and cars!) at the Downtown Disney Double Tree. We are renting a car for a day to go over to Universal and return the car that same evening. AAA price $33.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2010, 01:32 AM   #33
BrizMarc
YOUR AD HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevgray View Post
Okay, where are you finding the information regarding the Mears Shuttle (option #2)? I can only find the shared ride option from the airport to area hotels on Mears' site. There is nothing on there to link Disney Hotels with Universal. I'm interested in a round trip from Beach Club to IOA. Thanks very much.

I also dont get it. Every one keeps saying use the Mears shuttle and gives a website address that doesn't mention anything. Would someone please be able to explain the Mears shuttle and how it works rather than just saying "call them 24 hours in advance"

Its hard for us newbies who dont know the area
Old 07-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #34
luckylady131
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can rent car seats when renting a car? I have a 4 year old and 9 month old, so would need a booster and an infant seat (or convertible that installs rear-facing) for them. We are not bringing our own car seats because we are staying on Disney property and plan to use their bus system.

What's the best travel option for us? Mears??

I would LOVE to go to Universal to see HP while we are there. But am torn because I know the IOA has more for my 4 year old to do (she's ~40" or so). Would it be possible to visit both parks in a single day - if we don't do all the big roller coasters, etc??
luckylady131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #35
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizMarc View Post
I also dont get it. Every one keeps saying use the Mears shuttle and gives a website address that doesn't mention anything. Would someone please be able to explain the Mears shuttle and how it works rather than just saying "call them 24 hours in advance"

Its hard for us newbies who dont know the area
It's really very simple:

~ To book reservations for transportation between the Airport and your Orlando hotel just go to http://www.mearstransportation.com/ and enter your information under the "Shared Ride" tab. Once you land at the Orlando Airport and have collected your luggage, you will go to the Mears counter on level 1, give them your online confirmation and they will give you your shuttle pass and direct you to your shuttle.

~ You can also book your attractions transportation at the same time as you book your airport to hotel transportation.

~ If you are not using Mears to get from the Airport to your hotel and want to book reservations for transportation from your hotel to a specific attraction (Universal, Seaworld, etc) you need to call Mears 24 hours in advance to arrange transportation.

Last edited by Cdn Friends of Pooh; 07-23-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady131 View Post
Does anyone know if you can rent car seats when renting a car? I have a 4 year old and 9 month old, so would need a booster and an infant seat (or convertible that installs rear-facing) for them. We are not bringing our own car seats because we are staying on Disney property and plan to use their bus system.
Yes, most, if not all car rental agencies rent infant and child/toddler car seats ... you would need to check the specific car rental agencies for prices although I do believe most charge around $10/day for each seat.

Quote:
What's the best travel option for us? Mears??
Only you can decide what is best for your family - if you rent a car, remember that you will need to pay $14 for parking at US/IOA.

Quote:
I would LOVE to go to Universal to see HP while we are there. But am torn because I know the IOA has more for my 4 year old to do (she's ~40" or so). Would it be possible to visit both parks in a single day - if we don't do all the big roller coasters, etc??
The Harry Potter area is in IOA and both US and IOA have plenty to do for young children. Although you don't say when you are planning on visiting, you should be able to do both parks in one day ~ I would suggest though that you arrive at IOA/US at park opening.

Last edited by Cdn Friends of Pooh; 07-23-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #37
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how late will the Mears shuttle will run? I am interested in going to one of those Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, but they are in the evening, some nights they stay open till 2am.

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #38
leebee
DIS Veteran

As far as I can tell, if you want to use Mears to go from WDW to US, you CANNOT book online. The only online option they offer is transportation from/to the airport and your hotel. You have to call them directly to schedule WDW-US shuttles.

I booked the offer through Dreams Unlimited, which gives me a 2 park/1 day ticket at US/IoA and roundtrip Mears shuttle for $110pp plus tax. We are not huge coaster fans, so I am hoping to have time to see some of US as well as WWHP, and maybe DD16 will ride a couple of the IoA coasters using the single rider line. Renting a car for 1 day in August was getting expensive. One day rental was about $40 (for a compact car, with tax), then add parking at US $14. We are planning on going to US on a Sunday, which means earliest car pick-up available is 8am. (Called CCC and they said that's also the earliest they'd pick us up at our disney hotel to get to the ccc) Worrying about missing rope drop at IoA would mean a 2 day car rental. ANyhow, I think I will at least break even with the DU offer, and it gives us the option of visiting both US and IoA even if only briefly.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #39
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Does anyone know how late will the Mears shuttle will run? I am interested in going to one of those Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, but they are in the evening, some nights they stay open till 2am.
Or Blue Man Group. I can get tickets on the day of the show, if they are available, for $30 with my college ID!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #40
iluvepcot
Mouseketeer

which rental car has offices at both

I want to transfer from wdw to universal and stay at rp resport. I know the options at disney to rent a car, which also have offices at universal where I can rent at disney and return at universal the same day to avoid the parking fees?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #41
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Wren View Post
I seen here on boards that you can purchase a one day/two park pass with round trip transportation from your Disney resort to Universal Studios, did anyone ever buy this? The cost is $109.00/person. I believe it was thru Dreams Unlimited. I will be staying on-site in Dec and would like to go to US for a day. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought/done this? Thanks
Ditto to this, I can't find this offer either

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #42
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Duh, never mind. Found it!

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #43
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
I just pulled this from the Dreams Unlimited check out page

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation
Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #44
mom2mykids
Wishin' I was at Disney!

Hertz Car rental

I was looking on the AAA website and when I search for pick up locations it lists the Universal hotels.

Does anyone know if I can reat a car at the airport to use for the day and drop off at the hotel later that night?

The day we arrive we are going to Epcot to do the Divequest but the rest of the trip will be at Universal.

We just need to get from airport to RPR then to Epcot and back.

mom2mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #45
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mykids View Post
I was looking on the AAA website and when I search for pick up locations it lists the Universal hotels.

Does anyone know if I can reat a car at the airport to use for the day and drop off at the hotel later that night?

The day we arrive we are going to Epcot to do the Divequest but the rest of the trip will be at Universal.

We just need to get from airport to RPR then to Epcot and back.
Yes you can.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: