Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #406
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,288

last year it was $16 for kids.
don't know if there has been any increase now.
if it has, wouldn't be more than $1.

yes the shuttles from your motherland hotel can make stops at other disney resorts.
but, there are times that won't happen.

depends on the number of guests that chose the pick up time as you.

taxis do not take anyone but the ones that booked the ride.
they go straight to UO.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #407
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

 
ThisIsTheYear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 453

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Now that you've decided to check out Universal Studios/IOA, how do you get there if you are staying on-site at Disney? Don't worry, you have a few options:


1. Rent a car
If you are staying at a Disney resort, the easiest option is to rent a car from the Walt Disney World Car Care Center, which is operated by Alamo and National. The Car Care Center offers a shuttle that will pick you up from any Disney hotel and take you to the Center to pick up your car. The shuttle will also drop you off at your Disney hotel after you return your car. If you wish, call the Car Care Center up to 24 hours in advance and arrange for them to send a shuttle for you. Alternatively, go to the front desk of your Disney resort about 30 minutes before your pickup time and ask them to call the Car Care Center shuttle. The phone number of the Car Care Center is (407) 824-3470.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a rental from one of these places, for the day? Thx!
__________________
Me DH DS DD
1988 (offsite), 1995 (offsite), 1999 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2002 (offsite)
11/2010 - POP Century - Onsite for life!
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #408
sockmonkey10
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1

Question about tickets from dreams unlimited travel - if we get US IOA tickets with transportation included from mears it only offers electronic pickup of tickets at US. How do we get the mears portion to get there the first day. The website doesn't have info on this part and I really don't want to charge non refundable amount with out knowing how it works. Thanks for any help, we have never been to US, this is first trip where we are going to visit while staying at wdw.
sockmonkey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #409
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,413
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsTheYear View Post
Does anyone know the approximate cost of a rental from one of these places, for the day? Thx!
Your best bet would be to check with the individual websites and see what the rate would be based on your dates. Rental rates vary from date to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey10 View Post
Question about tickets from dreams unlimited travel - if we get US IOA tickets with transportation included from mears it only offers electronic pickup of tickets at US. How do we get the mears portion to get there the first day. The website doesn't have info on this part and I really don't want to charge non refundable amount with out knowing how it works. Thanks for any help, we have never been to US, this is first trip where we are going to visit while staying at wdw.
I would assume you'd get some sort of voucher for the Mears portion. Try calling or emailing them and see what they say.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #410
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

transportation from universal to disney

Has anyone used Mears transportation from
universal to the MK, disney. What is the cost?
Sure I can get a taxi but trying to keep within
the budget...any suggestions would be appreciated!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #411
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,288

Mears shuttle is $19 per adult rt, $16 children.


there is another transportation thread that is current that has more info in it.

they talk about alternative ways to travel from the motherland to the darkside.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #412
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
Mears shuttle is $19 per adult rt, $16 children.


there is another transportation thread that is current that has more info in it.

they talk about alternative ways to travel from the motherland to the darkside.
Is that one way?? thanks!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #413
Brian152
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Has anyone used Mears transportation from
universal to the MK, disney. What is the cost?
Sure I can get a taxi but trying to keep within
the budget...any suggestions would be appreciated!
I rented a car for 2 days in oct 2011 and it cost me about $110. Felt it to be the best option (without your own car, which I drive every time now). You do have to pay parking at universal but you are on your own schedule. Car rental place right in Disney.
Brian152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #414
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Is that one way?? thanks!
oops, sorry, just see it is round trip..thanks!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #415
ThisIsTheYear
Too far from Mickey!

 
ThisIsTheYear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Your best bet would be to check with the individual websites and see what the rate would be based on your dates. Rental rates vary from date to date.

I would assume you'd get some sort of voucher for the Mears portion. Try calling or emailing them and see what they say.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
1988 (offsite), 1995 (offsite), 1999 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2002 (offsite)
11/2010 - POP Century - Onsite for life!
11/2013 - POP Century
ThisIsTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #416
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,288

if you only have 2 in your group, that would be a cheap way to go to the darkside for the day. $36.


Dreams Unlimited also has a service.
buy your UO ticket from them and use their transportation shuttle.
i don't know the current cost they have now.
i read a thread on the motherland side and a poster said DU had an increase.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #417
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
if you only have 2 in your group, that would be a cheap way to go to the darkside for the day. $36.


Dreams Unlimited also has a service.
buy your UO ticket from them and use their transportation shuttle.
i don't know the current cost they have now.
i read a thread on the motherland side and a poster said DU had an increase.
I guess I would have to set up the mears shuttle through the front desk?? I would like to get over to MK early and stay late, guess I'll have to call Mears maybe. would like to have it figured out before my april trip! thanks!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #418
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,288

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
I guess I would have to set up the mears shuttle through the front desk?? I would like to get over to MK early and stay late, guess I'll have to call Mears maybe. would like to have it figured out before my april trip! thanks!
you're very welcome!

go to the concierge desk in the lobby of your motherland resort.
you need to sign up at least the night before you want to schedule your seats on the shuttle.

request the earliest time they have if you want to be at the darkside before opening.

sometimes the shuttle does stop at other disney hotels, sometimes it doesn't.
i guess it depends on how many guests are requesting that service for when you are. you can ask the concierge CM more about that when you sign up.

i do believe you have to pay for the ride when you sign up for it.

you can schedule your return pick up time or call 3 hours prior, something like that. it might have changed since last october when i was there.



WAIT........i must have misread your original question!
i thought you were staying at disney and wanting to go to universal.

the darkside hotels do not arrange the mears shuttle as that is a disney thing.

call Mears and talk with them on how you can pay and use their shuttle between the two parks.
or contact Dreams Unlimited and inquire about using their shuttle system.

sorry about the confusion. when i read you wanted to go to MK i realized it wasn't a typo after i reread your original post.

if those options don't work out, taxi or car rental would be the next step for obtaining transportation between the two parks.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #419
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,413
DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Transportation sticky.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #420
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

Ok, I'll contact Mears directly..thanks again!!! Appreciate it!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: