Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #346
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if when taking the Mears shuttle from Disney to Universal as one group going in, you have to all travel back at the same time?

Thank you in advance!
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #347
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

no

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #348
moodme
Mouseketeer

Hello,
I was going to book the Dream's Unlimited package for when we go to Universal, but now I am thinking against it and using a taxi from Disney to Universal. I just do not want to be tied down to having to make phone calls and shuttle times. So my question is there are 5 of us, but my youngest is 5 years old. Is there any car seats in the taxi's or what have people done with their little ones?
moodme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #349
cableguynoe
Earning My Ears

So I will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort and will be going one day to Universal Studios.
A Taxi just seems so much faster and convenient than renting a car. but i really dont have any experience with either.

Can someone give me an estimate of what I might pay a cab each way? Also what would a basic car cost for a day?

Thanks for the help!
cableguynoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #350
briandclement
Earning My Ears

WDW to Universal transportation

Hi everyone ! Im travelling from France to Orlando for the 1st time and it is a bit of a mess to see what the best deal to go to Universal from WDW is... Any advice on what is the cheapest or the most covenient pleeeaaase ? Thank you in advance, Im so glad I found this website and all the informations available !!!
briandclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #351
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!

We already have a sticky thread on this subject so I'm going to merge this thread into the other one.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #352
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriehalty78 View Post
Im confused, I was just looking at the Dreams Unlimited tickets with transfer and it didnt mention getting in early. So if I purchase just my tickets thru them with transfer will we get early entry into the parks?

Sorry my quote didnt work...I was replying to sb a few pages back that mentioned they would get early entry into the park when getting tickets from dreams unlimited...maybe I read it wrong?

Nevermind...figured it out, clearly Im a newbie lol.
We were allowed early entry with our DU tickets in January of this year...we are planning to use DU again in September and hoping for early entry!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #353
briandclement
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
I just pulled this from the Dreams Unlimited check out page

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation
Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

I've seen loads of informations so far all about Mears ! So... can you really chose the time they're picking you up ? Are there different taxi companies that might be competitive as well ??

Only 19 days left !
Old 08-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #354
briandclement
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Welcome!

We already have a sticky thread on this subject so I'm going to merge this thread into the other one.
Yes I saw the thread ! Very good place to find informations !!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #355
smull1982
Earning My Ears

Mears

I just tried to book a trip from a disney resort to Universal with Mearsand the price was $135 for two people round trip. I read somewhere you can get a pickup for $18, is that right?
smull1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #356
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you are pricing the luxury sedan from Disney to Universal. The shuttle service is $19 per person - you can either call Mears the night before you need to leave for Universal and have exact change on you when the shuttle arrives the following morning or purchase the shuttle tickets at the airport - they are located right next to the Magical Express counter.

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Disneymoon - May 2016 - Star Wars Weekends

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #357
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

People may want to check with a Universal Studios authorized TA... There is now a ticket option that only they offer that includes transportation to and from Disney hotels to Universal for $141.65 for adults, including access to BOTH US and IoA. It can only purchased through US-authorized TA's and MUST be pre-purchased 24 hours ahead of time. The price I gave is the online special price for the TA booking online through the website, where they're running a special.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #358
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
People may want to check with a Universal Studios authorized TA... There is now a ticket option that only they offer that includes transportation to and from Disney hotels to Universal for $141.65 for adults, including access to BOTH US and IoA. It can only purchased through US-authorized TA's and MUST be pre-purchased 24 hours ahead of time. The price I gave is the online special price for the TA booking online through the website, where they're running a special.
Thank you...but the Dream's Unlimited 1 day Park-to-Park with transfers is $135.99 for adults, so still cheaper!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #359
MuchLovedMama
Mouseketeer

Not sure which section to post this in so I may post in another spot as well. We leave for Disney on the 15th. My daughter went and broke her foot Friday night and is in a cast. We already bought her a wheelchair and was curious how we'll get to universal. We are a group of 14 so we were going to do the taxi vans that can accommodate up to 7 per van.

She'll have crutches too so she won't need to stay in the wheelchair so my question is will we be able to fold up the wheelchair and transport it with us in the normal taxi vans without getting one of the wheelchair accessible vans that I've read are unreliable due to the fact that there's a limited number of them?
1998 - Offsite
2000 - CBR
2008 - POP (first trip with the kids)
2010 - POP
2012 - AoA
Upcoming ???
MuchLovedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #360
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Just wanted to report in, we took a Mears Taxi, (we didn't call it, we took one of the ones waiting at the resort), from the Port Orleans Riverside to the Royal Pacific Hotel, 2 people, and the fare was just shy of $35. I paid $40 with tip.

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: