Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #331
Jendantx
Earning My Ears

Do the Taxis charge by the person? Or is it just by the mile? Or is it by time? Or is it a combination of these?
Jendantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #332
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Getting to Universal From Disney Resort

Family and I are going to Disney Nov 25- Dec 1st and planning a day to Universal and wondering about transportation. We went last year and used Mears, however I believe there is cheaper transportation out there. Mears was $18 per person for round trip. Also we will have our DS which will be 12 months, will he need a car seat, our DD was 3 yrs old last trip and didnt need one, but not sure with his age?

Thanks

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #333
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

A cab is about $35 each way.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #334
momtotwins
Mouseketeer

I dont know about the shuttle for car seats but you would definatly have to have one for a cab
Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #335
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Since we already have a sticky on this subject, I'm going to combine the two.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #336
nicholasas
Earning My Ears

Hmmm

I should go on a disney cruise that wouldn't be a bad idea... But if i go with out my son would that make me look like a big kid? Lol
nicholasas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #337
Carriehalty78
Mouseketeer

Im confused, I was just looking at the Dreams Unlimited tickets with transfer and it didnt mention getting in early. So if I purchase just my tickets thru them with transfer will we get early entry into the parks?

Sorry my quote didnt work...I was replying to sb a few pages back that mentioned they would get early entry into the park when getting tickets from dreams unlimited...maybe I read it wrong?

Nevermind...figured it out, clearly Im a newbie lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #338
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriehalty78 View Post
Im confused, I was just looking at the Dreams Unlimited tickets with transfer and it didnt mention getting in early. So if I purchase just my tickets thru them with transfer will we get early entry into the parks?

Sorry my quote didnt work...I was replying to sb a few pages back that mentioned they would get early entry into the park when getting tickets from dreams unlimited...maybe I read it wrong?

Nevermind...figured it out, clearly Im a newbie lol.
Universal says you should not be able to get into the parks early with the Dreams Unlimited ticket with transfer. They say that those tickets that are being issued are meant for those who have bought a package and are staying offsite and they are not sure how or why they are being issued with the Dreams ticket with transfer. I'm not sure when the last people reported getting early admission with these tickets.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #339
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to pop in with an update on the Mears shuttle. My 3 kids are in Disney right now celebrating my youngest DD's 19th birthday. On Thursday, May 17th, they took the shuttle from Pop to IOA to spend the day. I called on May 14th around 5:00PM and reserved it. I was told the shuttle pick up time at Pop started at 6:25 and ran every hour from there. I had the feeling that this varied from resort to resort. Anyway, I chose the 7:25 time and was told it was $19.00 per person. (Note: the first page of this thread says $18.00) When we were ready to go we were to call 2 hours prior to pick up time.
On the 17th the shuttle arrived, the girls paid him and off they went. Around lunchtime they figured out they would need a little longer so enjoyed the park for a little longer and at 3:00PM they called and set a 5:15 pick up time. They were picked up and dropped safely at Pop. We will definitely use the shuttle again, it was easy and fairly priced! A huge thank you to this thread, we would never have know about the shuttle if we didn't read about it here!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #340
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!

Mears ??

Debating getting the DU tickets with shuttle, or buying tickets and RT shuttle tickets separate, or possibly using a taxi. We are a party of 4 going for 1 day, only wanting to do IOA.
?? from reading this thread- The DU ticket package says the shuttle is available 24 hrs/day except 10-3, but someone posted the earliest they could reserve the shuttle was 8:30a. Anyone know which is correct?
Second ?- if our group wants to split up and have some return early, can you go back on 2 different shuttles?
Curious...
Me, DS 19, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #341
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quick question for anyone familiar with the Mears Shuttle Service. We are staying at AKL but after our day at Universal we may want to have dinner at the Poly. Could we have the Mears Shuttle drop us off at the Poly instead of AKL where they would have picked us up? I hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #342
r4des
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips.
r4des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #343
PNWmom
Mouseketeer

We are a family of 4 two adults two teenagers. It looks like taking a cab is the best option. Has anyone ever tried sharing a ride with another family to split the cost? Do they have vans available to make this possible? Thanks for all of the help!

Join the fun at MouseScrappers.com.
PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #344
disneydarling07
Found out how to get one
I have lists of my lists

We are planning on taking a taxi from AKL over to US.
It's been said that taxis are waiting outside the resorts in the morning. Does anyone know how early they are out there?

Also, we are a family of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids. Taxis can still handle a family of 5?

TIA!!
disneydarling07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #345
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydarling07 View Post
We are planning on taking a taxi from AKL over to US.
It's been said that taxis are waiting outside the resorts in the morning. Does anyone know how early they are out there?

Also, we are a family of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids. Taxis can still handle a family of 5?

TIA!!
Just take a van cab. Not sure at AKL how early the taxis are there. You should ask at guest services the night before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: