Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #271
miraclemax
Earning My Ears

Mears shuttle to Universal

Hi,

Does Mears still offer the shuttle to Universal, I can't find any info on their website....

thanks

miraclemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #272
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclemax View Post
Hi,

Does Mears still offer the shuttle to Universal, I can't find any info on their website....

thanks

As far as I could tell yes... go to the shuttle section and start keying in your information - when you get to the hotel drop down list, all the Universal Lowe's hotels are listed.

While some people had no problems with the shuttle, I started getting concerned about it taking a couple hours due to all the other hotel stops. So given all the ravings for Ed Korgan we are using his service when we go. Hope it was the right choice!!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #273
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Calling Mears probably tomorrow about scheduling the shuttle for our day trip to US on Friday. What exactly should I be asking for when I call? I'm just wanting the round trip shuttle service from Caribbean Beach and back that's $18-$20 per person?

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #274
Anne_Aus
Mouseketeer

For those that have used the DU and Mears deal, are the tickets just normal tickets or do they have something about the deal printed on them? Just wondering if I can upgrade them to an annual pass if I wanted to
Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #275
Jett456
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
So given all the ravings for Ed Korgan we are using his service when we go. Hope it was the right choice!!
I googled him. There is a rip off report on the web! Be careful.

2012 French Quarter
2000 All Star Music
1996 Grosvenor
1991 Caribbean Beach
1988 Disneyland
1979 First time WDW
Jett456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #276
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am on dial up internet so I don't have the time or patience to read through the entire thread.

What kind of Shuttle is the Mears Shuttle? Is it a big bus like DME or is it a van? Just wondering if I would have to have car seats for my kids (8 months and 3)? I am not planning on taking them as we are using Disney transporation so just wondering we would be able to add a day at IOA since there are going to be a lot more rehabs than normal going on at the end of this month.

Do they pick up right at your resort (asmovies) or do they pick up from a certain place?

Thanks!

April/May 2014: Pop Century l [/B]Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #277
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am on dial up internet so I don't have the time or patience to read through the entire thread.

What kind of Shuttle is the Mears Shuttle? Is it a big bus like DME or is it a van? Just wondering if I would have to have car seats for my kids (8 months and 3)? I am not planning on taking them as we are using Disney transporation so just wondering we would be able to add a day at IOA since there are going to be a lot more rehabs than normal going on at the end of this month.

Do they pick up right at your resort (asmovies) or do they pick up from a certain place?

Thanks!
Mears shuttle from your hotel to Universal usually is by van.
it is $19 rt per adult and $15 rt per child.

you make the arrangements in your hotel lobby concierge desk.
do this the night before to secure your seats.
or you can do it earlier in your disney stay.

you are asked which time you want for morning pick up.
i believe 8:30 was the earliest when i was there in october at Sports.

the van/mears shuttle, may make other stops at other disney resorts.
or your family may be the only people traveling that day at the time you chose.

you can make arrangements in advance of when you want to return back to disney or you can call them/mears, 90 minutes in advance once you decide to leave UO.

i don't know about the car seats but would assume they do.
many peeps do use this transportation service for a day at the darkside.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #278
TerriB
Earning My Ears

The estimator is quite helpful. We'll see how accurate though once we get there
TerriB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #279
ngregoire17
Earning My Ears

Dreams Unlimited Deal

Is Dreams Unlimited a legitimate company? We are thinking or using their deal on Universal tickets to get from the Beach Club to Universal for one day in early November. I priced it out and it seems like renting a car from the Disney Car Care would be about $50 for the day and then having to pay for parking at Universal that the cost wouldn't be much different. Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited offer before? If so, what was your experience.
ngregoire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #280
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngregoire17 View Post
Is Dreams Unlimited a legitimate company? We are thinking or using their deal on Universal tickets to get from the Beach Club to Universal for one day in early November. I priced it out and it seems like renting a car from the Disney Car Care would be about $50 for the day and then having to pay for parking at Universal that the cost wouldn't be much different. Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited offer before? If so, what was your experience.

We used them for our Sept. trip to go from the Dolphin to Universal. Had a great experience and would definately use them again. Bonus feature is the ticket you get with them allows for early entry (same as the time guests of the Universal resorts get in)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #281
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngregoire17 View Post
Yes they are legitimate ... they are actually owned by the same person who owns this website I believe. Many people have used them successfully - including us on many occasions.

Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #282
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn Friends of Pooh View Post
Yes they are legitimate ... they are actually owned by the same person who owns this website I believe. Many people have used them successfully - including us on many occasions.
We went from the Beach Club to Universal this summer (6 of us). Get a Taxi, it's cheaper and easier. Cost us $70 round trip, concierge will call one for you and there is a Taxi stand as you leave Universal (you will be on your way in minutes)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #283
ngregoire17
Earning My Ears

Thanks Jaaron2. A friend also told me that a round-trip taxi wouldn't be a bad option. She said it was easier than having to arrange with Mears the pick-up from Universal. I think we are definitely going with a taxi or Mears. Haven't decided yet.
ngregoire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #284
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Just got back from a Disney trip and went to Universal Monday, 1/9. The Dreams Unlimited/Mears combo tickets DID allow for early entry. As far as I can tell, the transportation and ticket combo is a deal put together by Universal, and thus is technically a Universal vacation package.

Just as a note, I wasn't able to pick up the tickets at a self-service kiosk even though I was using the same credit card I purchased them with. But I just went over to guest services and they helped me no problem.

The tickets did have UPRV printed on them. When we got there, the TM's were calling out for room keys or any tickets with UPRV printed on them to go through for early entry. It was an awesome perk! We did the Ollivander's show and Forbidden Journey before park open. Even though FJ broke while we were in line (and again when we were on it) and made a 20-minute wait into 45 minutes, by the time we were done the line was already 90 minutes so we're definitely glad we went through DU and got the ticket/Mears combo. Would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Oh, and on the way back from Universal to Disney, they had two big busses (like the ME busses) to take us all back... much better than the normal little shuttles.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #285
neuend1
Mouseketeer

Where exactly is the dropoff/pickup area that is closest to Islands of Adventure?

I am planning a trip to Universal by myself but will have someone dropping me off and picking me up later. I am handicapped with degenerative arthritis. I can walk but not too far. I am unable to do the walk from the Universal parking garage to the park entrances where I will rent a scooter. So I am looking for the closest area to be dropped off that will have the least amount of walking.

And where exactly are these drop-off points so I can look them up on Google Street view maps.

Here is what someone replied (below) but it doesn't say what streets to take. I will be coming North on Turkey Lake Road. What street do I turn on (Vineland?) Then what street do I turn onto after that? This person also mentioned the Valet Parking area - what are the cross streets at the Valet area? I want to look this location up on Google maps.

Reply from member on 7/10/2010: The passenger drop off area is near CityWalk just across Universal Boulevard from the Valet Parking area (make a left where the buses and taxis go) - there is signage and its pretty easy to find - your friend can pick up and drop off there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: