Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #241
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy_2010 View Post
So you can take a shuttle from POP to US/IOA for 18.00 a person round trip?! Also, do you know who I would call to sit up the shuttle and do you know how often they run to take you back?
there was an increase.
it is $19 rt per person,
kids rate went up also to $15.

you will be issued that info for returning back to disney.
you will receive the number to call.

i think some posted they were told to call a couple of hours before the pick up
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #242
laneymd
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10

shuttle to universal studios

I would also try and check out Prime Time shuttle. They're cheaper than a lot of taxi services and better than renting a car. My family and I use them a lot. You make an appointment and set up times, that way there's no way to worry and your ride.
laneymd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #243
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!
 
jeankeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3,058

DU now has a pop-up window with additional information concerning the US tickets and shuttle transfers:

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
2-DAY/2-PARK WITH ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS
ORDER ONLINE TODAY!!

You receive a 2-Day/2-Park experience with transportation to Universal Orlando from your Disney Area Hotel.

* Includes roundtrip transfers to Universal Orlando Resort from Disney Area Hotels, including the Official Disney World Resort Hotels.
* Two (2) day admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universalís Islands of Adventure
* This special offer is only available for advance purchase!

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation

Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:

* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

Electronic Pickup Option

This provides a fast and secure way to collect your online ticket purchase. Electronic Ticketing Machines are conveniently located near the front gate of each theme park. Swipe the credit card used during your online purchase (for verification only). Enter the confirmation number provided on your email receipt. Print out your tickets. Tickets can also be picked up at Guest Services, but only by the person who's name the tickets are under. $1.99 per ticket processing fee

ALSO: When you order your tickets/transfers, the site asks for your travel arrival date. Julie from DU emailed this to me-
'The tickets do not expire until 14 days after the first day of entry into the park. The transfer vouchers have a seven day window, so your arrival date needs to be as close as possible to the actual day you will go to Universal.'

Hope this helps
__________________
4th of July 2012 BWV/BLTNYE 2010 BLT/BWVJune 2008 BWV 2007 BWV/Dolphin 2006 Star Wars Weekend
2005 BWV Family T-day Trip
2003 Poly/boys first trip
Me, DS 18, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #244
Lights_Out
"Disneyland is not a museum."
 
Lights_Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 622

Just wanted to share my review on Mears.

It was our very first trip to WDW/Universal I thought I would save a few bucks and took the Mears shuttle. I will never be taking it ever again.

Before going, I read horrible reviews of Mears online and was a little worried. The transportation from WDW to Universal was great. It was a small van and yes it did take quite long because we had to pick up another family. The driver was very nice.

Coming back to WDW, however, the bus arrived almost 2 hours late. There were TONS of people trying to get on (most of whom grew to be anxious and obnoxious). And some of the bus drivers were the rudest people I've ever encountered. After an hour or so of waiting, I tried asking this man (a Mears bus driver) a question and he just closed his window! When I knocked and asked if he was going to WDW he just pointed to a sign that I didn't understand and when I asked him what that sign meant he said "I dunno... Just go where you were dropped off!" (He yelled at me!)

If you're willing to sacrifice the magic over a few savings then go for it. My experience with Mears was the only thing that ruined the trip. I will be renting a car or something the next time I go.
__________________
Lights_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #245
Jaaron2
Disney Vet
 
Jaaron2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kirkwood, PA
Posts: 895

We just made the trip from the Beach Club to Universal last Wednesday. We had a party of 6 adults. We took a cab (you have to ask for a van for over 5 people). Less then $34.00 each way! Saved about $40.00 by not taking Mears. Took us about one minute to get our taxi on the way out. This is the only way to go IMHO.
__________________
Jaaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #246
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights_Out View Post
Just wanted to share my review on Mears.

It was our very first trip to WDW/Universal I thought I would save a few bucks and took the Mears shuttle. I will never be taking it ever again.

Before going, I read horrible reviews of Mears online and was a little worried. The transportation from WDW to Universal was great. It was a small van and yes it did take quite long because we had to pick up another family. The driver was very nice.

Coming back to WDW, however, the bus arrived almost 2 hours late. There were TONS of people trying to get on (most of whom grew to be anxious and obnoxious). And some of the bus drivers were the rudest people I've ever encountered. After an hour or so of waiting, I tried asking this man (a Mears bus driver) a question and he just closed his window! When I knocked and asked if he was going to WDW he just pointed to a sign that I didn't understand and when I asked him what that sign meant he said "I dunno... Just go where you were dropped off!" (He yelled at me!)

If you're willing to sacrifice the magic over a few savings then go for it. My experience with Mears was the only thing that ruined the trip. I will be renting a car or something the next time I go.
This was my experince almost to a tee!. The only exeptions was the rude bus drivers,really never encounterted that just alot of miss communcation,and fustration
__________________
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #247
disbiz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2 View Post
We just made the trip from the Beach Club to Universal last Wednesday. We had a party of 6 adults. We took a cab (you have to ask for a van for over 5 people). Less then $34.00 each way! Saved about $40.00 by not taking Mears. Took us about one minute to get our taxi on the way out. This is the only way to go IMHO.
This might be a dumb question but was that 34.00 for all 6 of you total ?

Thanks

John
disbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #248
Jaaron2
Disney Vet
 
Jaaron2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kirkwood, PA
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbiz View Post
This might be a dumb question but was that 34.00 for all 6 of you total ?

Thanks

John
Yes it was for all 6 of us.
__________________
Jaaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #249
Shinji4u
Worrior of Doom
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 56

We are comming from Europe to Disney, so we don't have a cell phone to get in contact with Mears when we are at the parks.

How can we call Mears, when we are at Universal, to arrange the back trip???

(at Disney I can use the room phone, or can the Conierge give them a call?)!
Shinji4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #250
Small Town Princess
Mouseketeer
 
Small Town Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IOWA
Posts: 283

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2 View Post
We just made the trip from the Beach Club to Universal last Wednesday. We had a party of 6 adults. We took a cab (you have to ask for a van for over 5 people). Less then $34.00 each way! Saved about $40.00 by not taking Mears. Took us about one minute to get our taxi on the way out. This is the only way to go IMHO.
Can I ask which cab company you used? So you called from the Beach Club for service to Universal; and then did you just find a taxi sitting outside on the way out of Universal? Or did you call the company to make sure you got a van to come? Was it cash only or could you use credit card? Thanks!
Small Town Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #251
Lights_Out
"Disneyland is not a museum."
 
Lights_Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
Posts: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji4u View Post
We are comming from Europe to Disney, so we don't have a cell phone to get in contact with Mears when we are at the parks.

How can we call Mears, when we are at Universal, to arrange the back trip???

(at Disney I can use the room phone, or can the Conierge give them a call?)!
I do believe the Universal Parks have pay phones... but I am not 100% sure.
__________________
Lights_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #252
Jaaron2
Disney Vet
 
Jaaron2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kirkwood, PA
Posts: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Town Princess View Post
Can I ask which cab company you used? So you called from the Beach Club for service to Universal; and then did you just find a taxi sitting outside on the way out of Universal? Or did you call the company to make sure you got a van to come? Was it cash only or could you use credit card? Thanks!
Just go to the concierge about 10 minutes before you need the cab at the Beach Club. They will call one in for the size you need (regular cab or van).

On the way out of Universal (leaving City Walk) go towards the garage's and follow the signs for Taxi. You will take an escalator down and right at the bottom will be a taxi stand. You sign up there (number of people) and they will get you a taxi. Its a very easy process!
__________________
Jaaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #253
ballle_98
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 191

I emailed Dreams Unlimited about a week ago and haven't heard back. I thought I'd ask my question here.

I want to purchase the 2 day/2 park tickets with transfers deal that DU offers BUT we have an infant. I am not seeing if we can get a transfer for him. Obviously we don't have to purchase a park ticket for him.

My fear would be the shuttle showing up and saying we can't get a lift because we don't have a transfer for the baby. Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, what's up with DU not returning emails? Seems like a bad idea when you are an operation that is only available online.
ballle_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #254
saradela
DIS Veteran
 
saradela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 622

dreams Unlimited not selling 1 day/2parks with transfers right now

I am trying to buy the 1 day /2 parks with transfers from Dream Unilimited, and their page said that they are not going to sell them until september 11,and I need them for the 12. Any ideas? does somebody knows why aren t they selling them right know? is there another company that sell tickets and the transfers also ?
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"-Walt Disney
saradela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #255
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradela View Post
I am trying to buy the 1 day /2 parks with transfers from Dream Unilimited, and their page said that they are not going to sell them until september 11,and I need them for the 12. Any ideas? does somebody knows why aren t they selling them right know? is there another company that sell tickets and the transfers also ?
I bought mine from DU but had seen them on other sites, so I did a search for you and found them available on a site called destinationsinflorida.

I hope this helps
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: