Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #211
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
I am thinking of renting a car (from alamo)for four days,useing one the other days takeing a day trip to the kennedy space station. So i am thinking of useing alamo because i am useing a debt card. A has any one used a debt card to rent a car at WDW, and B, use a debt card at alamo's at WDW.
if you don't get answers here on your question, post it on the transportation forum.

you might get lucky there.

but, they are not known for on some of those threads.
meaning, they don't have pixie dust over there..
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #212
VisitorFromCal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5

We are arriving at Disney this week and going over to Universal on Sunday for WwoHP. We're getting a taxi van for seven. I've seen various times for how long it takes.

If I already have the Universal tickets and the park opens at 8 AM what time should we try to arrive?

Is it clear where to go if you have tickets vs. lines for getting them?

Any ideas how long a taxi takes from Port Orleans Riverside to Universal on a Sunday? I've seen quite a range of 25 minutes to close to an hour so not really sure when to target the pickup.

Thanks in advance.
VisitorFromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #213
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisitorFromCal View Post
We are arriving at Disney this week and going over to Universal on Sunday for WwoHP. We're getting a taxi van for seven. I've seen various times for how long it takes.

If I already have the Universal tickets and the park opens at 8 AM what time should we try to arrive?

Is it clear where to go if you have tickets vs. lines for getting them?

Any ideas how long a taxi takes from Port Orleans Riverside to Universal on a Sunday? I've seen quite a range of 25 minutes to close to an hour so not really sure when to target the pickup.

Thanks in advance.
I would try to be in line by 7:30 at the very latest since they start letting people in about 15 minutes early. I'd probably leave disney by 6:30-6:45.

You'll have no problem seeing where to line up.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #214
VisitorFromCal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I would try to be in line by 7:30 at the very latest since they start letting people in about 15 minutes early. I'd probably leave disney by 6:30-6:45.

You'll have no problem seeing where to line up.
Thank you very much.
VisitorFromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #215
kochmd1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
if you don't get answers here on your question, post it on the transportation forum.

you might get lucky there.

but, they are not known for on some of those threads.
meaning, they don't have pixie dust over there..
mac is right, there are a number of threads in the Transportation section.

I was going to rent a car at Alamo using a debit card too, but cancelled. Their initial confirmation letter said that debit cards can be used on most locations, but they may require doing credit checks. I also seen a number of posters that rental cars will hold off a certain amount from $200 to $500, and return them to you after dropping off you car. I will just use DW's CC to avoid any hassles.
kochmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #216
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!
 
jeankeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3,075

For those who did the DU ticket/shuttle deal- do the park tickets expire? If I were to buy this for next July would they still be good? Thanks for any help
__________________
4th of July 2012 BWV/BLTNYE 2010 BLT/BWVJune 2008 BWV 2007 BWV/Dolphin 2006 Star Wars Weekend
2005 BWV Family T-day Trip
2003 Poly/boys first trip
Me, DS 19, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #217
DayDay426
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1

Roundtrip Transfers

I work for a company that sells the Universal 1 or 2 day Park to Park tickets with the roundtrip (Mears) transfers. It makes things a bit easier The new Harry Potter park is wonderful btw - That is coming from a true Harry Potter fan!!!!
DayDay426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #218
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay426 View Post
I work for a company that sells the Universal 1 or 2 day Park to Park tickets with the roundtrip (Mears) transfers. It makes things a bit easier The new Harry Potter park is wonderful btw - That is coming from a true Harry Potter fan!!!!
Then maybe you can answer the multitude of questions about these tickets that always come up.

The most recent question that nobody seems to get an answer to is, "Do the two day transfer tickets provide transfer for both days?"

There is another question right before your post that perhaps you could answer too.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #219
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay426 View Post
I work for a company that sells the Universal 1 or 2 day Park to Park tickets with the roundtrip (Mears) transfers. It makes things a bit easier The new Harry Potter park is wonderful btw - That is coming from a true Harry Potter fan!!!!
eh, we don't refer to it as the hp park


please read damo's post to you.

if you can, then jump in and give the info please.



welcome to the darkside forums.
i am amazed you found this thread as a first time poster.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #220
jeankeri
I threw cartons of milk at yuppies but don't tell anyone! What gets talked about on the DIS, stays on the DIS!
 
jeankeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3,075

So, I emailed my questions to Dreams Unlimited. Here is the reply I got from Julie:

Thanks for your interest in Dreams Unlimited Travel.
The Universal 2 day/2 park ticket does include two days of transportation to and from Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. The days do not have to be consecutive, but the second day must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.

Hope this helps others as well
__________________
4th of July 2012 BWV/BLTNYE 2010 BLT/BWVJune 2008 BWV 2007 BWV/Dolphin 2006 Star Wars Weekend
2005 BWV Family T-day Trip
2003 Poly/boys first trip
Me, DS 19, DS 17 'the furbabies'
jeankeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #221
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankeri View Post
So, I emailed my questions to Dreams Unlimited. Here is the reply I got from Julie:

Thanks for your interest in Dreams Unlimited Travel.
The Universal 2 day/2 park ticket does include two days of transportation to and from Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. The days do not have to be consecutive, but the second day must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.

Hope this helps others as well
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #222
disneyxo
Mouseketeer
 
disneyxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 459

I bought the Universal 1 day/2 park ticket thru Dreams Unlimited Travel yesterday. Pretty excited as I have never been there. Wish we had more time to spend there but definately will make the best use of our time there.
__________________
disneyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 AM   #223
Sweets156
Mouseketeer
 
Sweets156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 434

We actually have the 1 day 2 park ticket that we got from AAA that includes round-trip transportation to and from Disney/Universal. When I called mears to schedule a pick up timr,they told me I need to get a voucher at the airport, all the while trying to get to ME on time? The paper we have already looks like a voucher with our name, party size, and confirmation number. Ugh, anyone have some insight? I'm concerned they won't accept the voucher we already have, as we don't have time to putzy around the airport.
Sweets156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #224
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets156 View Post
We actually have the 1 day 2 park ticket that we got from AAA that includes round-trip transportation to and from Disney/Universal. When I called mears to schedule a pick up timr,they told me I need to get a voucher at the airport, all the while trying to get to ME on time? The paper we have already looks like a voucher with our name, party size, and confirmation number. Ugh, anyone have some insight? I'm concerned they won't accept the voucher we already have, as we don't have time to putzy around the airport.
That sounds strange to me!!! We ordered that package thru Dreams.... haven't gotten anything yet in the mail... but we are driving to Florida so we won't be at the airport! If you find out anything, please let me know, I don't want a problem either.
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #225
Small Town Princess
Mouseketeer
 
Small Town Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IOWA
Posts: 284

Question

Here is our situation...

We picked up some free 1 day/1 park tickets from MyCokeRewards last winter for IOA/Universal. We are staying at Disney's POP, then have a room booked at Loews Royal Pacific for one night (to get the early entry & front of the line for two days) and then going back to POP.

There are 4 adults and 2 kids. We will each have an overnight bag. Can we get to the Loews hotel really early in the AM and check our bag at the front desk, get our tickets then take their transportation to the park for early Harry Potter entrance?

What are our best transportation options? Would Mears do a really early drop on one day and a late pickup on the next day (with luggage)?
Small Town Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: