Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #196
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

so re the MEars for $18 per person (and I assume less for children?)
-can you pick what time you want to leave US at? is it where you call and they show up, or do you need to pre pick your time?
-also if you pre pick your time can you call and change it to earlier or later?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #197
december
DIS Veteran

I called today and set up a shuttle to the airport for my husband for next Sunday. They asked what time his flight is, then gave me a time for pickup (flight is at 9:15am, they are picking him up at 6:25am). They told me it would be $19, in cash, to the driver.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #198
SHISHI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDecember View Post
Hello we just got back from a WDW vacation. On Tuesday June 14 we
went to Universal using the Dreams Unlimited offer (RT shuttle transportation from POFQ and tickets to Universal Studios). A few people in this thread have inquired as to whether a ticket purchased in this manner gets you early entrance into the park. The answer is YES! We got to the gates at around 8:00 a.m. I got our tix from the kiosk around 8:05 a.m. I was thinking that we would wait around to get in when the park opened at 9:00 a.m. There were lots of people going in early (resort guests). Well before I could say anything to my DH, he and DS just got in line and went through with their tix! So I did the same thing and we got in early. So it seems that when purchased in this manner, the tix allow early entry into the park.

We went to the Olivander wand experience first (stood in line about 30 minutes), put our stuff into lockers at the Dragon Challenge, and then got into the 'no locker' fast line at the Hogwart's castle ride. We stood in line for about 40 minutes. The castle ride is AWESOME! After this, we got our stuff out of the locker (spent $6.00 for the time in the locker). Someone at Disney gave me the tip of storing stuff in lockers ahead of time, i.e. not in the Hogwart's castle lockers to save time and it definitely worked. The 'locker' line at the Hogwart's castle was at least twice as long to get through. We saw a couple of people turned away near the ride loading area because they had big backpacks that they hadn't stored in lockers.
Can you use the will call option or the electronic pickup option or doesn't it matter? I never bought tix through DU before. Thanks@
SHISHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #199
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

All this info has been very useful. Thanks, guys!

I'm pretty sure we'll be checking into an onsite resort at Universal (probably RP) after we check out of a Disney resort. So, this is what I'm planning:

1. Disney Magical Express from MCO to WDW and then back to MCO when we check out.

2. Catch a Mears Shuttle from MCO to Universal's RP. And when we'll take the Mears shuttle again back to MCO when we leave Florida. I checked the Mears website and it should cost us $30/adult, roundtrip.

What you do guys think? I know it's gonna put us back a few hours compared to simply taking a cab from WDW straight to Universal, but it will definitely cost more. So I thought we should just save that money and spend a little more time taking in the last of the Disney magic on our way back to MCO on the Disney Magical Express. Am I making sense?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #200
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
All this info has been very useful. Thanks, guys!

I'm pretty sure we'll be checking into an onsite resort at Universal (probably RP) after we check out of a Disney resort. So, this is what I'm planning:

1. Disney Magical Express from MCO to WDW and then back to MCO when we check out.

2. Catch a Mears Shuttle from MCO to Universal's RP. And when we'll take the Mears shuttle again back to MCO when we leave Florida. I checked the Mears website and it should cost us $30/adult, roundtrip.

What you do guys think? I know it's gonna put us back a few hours compared to simply taking a cab from WDW straight to Universal, but it will definitely cost more. So I thought we should just save that money and spend a little more time taking in the last of the Disney magic on our way back to MCO on the Disney Magical Express. Am I making sense?
i split my stays between the 2 resorts also.
i have thought about saving money and use that shuttle but not sure if you are allowed to take luggage on it from one resort to the other.

going back to mco, i know luggage is allowed but not sure if it is between a disney resort to an universal resort.

in all the past years when i have done car service, i book a 3 leg ride which runs me $130-40.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #201
purple hippo
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Fairfield Orlando Near Universal Studios and will be spending three days at Universal. However we also, will be taking the kiddies on evening to MNSSHP at WDW. What is the best way to get to and from the hotel to the party? We will have a car so we can drive and park, however I thought I would check to see if there are any other options other than driving. Any suggestions?
purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #202
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple hippo View Post
We are staying at the Fairfield Orlando Near Universal Studios and will be spending three days at Universal. However we also, will be taking the kiddies on evening to MNSSHP at WDW. What is the best way to get to and from the hotel to the party? We will have a car so we can drive and park, however I thought I would check to see if there are any other options other than driving. Any suggestions?
Driving would be the cheapest.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #203
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I know Mears has a taxi that fits 7 which is exactly what I would need - has anyone had a problem getting this (maybe not enough availability)? I see on the Mears site that the quote from Disney to IoA is $35 - I know this is just an estimate - so I'm wondering how much someone actually paid (if any of you have used their taxi service)?

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Star Wars Weekends and Disney Cruise Vacations

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #204
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandilovesdisney View Post
I know Mears has a taxi that fits 7 which is exactly what I would need - has anyone had a problem getting this (maybe not enough availability)? I see on the Mears site that the quote from Disney to IoA is $35 - I know this is just an estimate - so I'm wondering how much someone actually paid (if any of you have used their taxi service)?
All taxis are pretty much the same fare as long as they take the same route. Whether or not you take a van cab or a normal cab, the price is the same.

The price will change depending on where in Disney you are going. IOA to Downtown Disney will be a lot cheaper than to Magic Kingdom. Make sure you tell the cab driver to make sure he drops you off so you don't have to pay the drop off fee (which is $14). We had to pay it when we were dropped off at AK.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #205
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
All taxis are pretty much the same fare as long as they take the same route. Whether or not you take a van cab or a normal cab, the price is the same.

The price will change depending on where in Disney you are going. IOA to Downtown Disney will be a lot cheaper than to Magic Kingdom. Make sure you tell the cab driver to make sure he drops you off so you don't have to pay the drop off fee (which is $14). We had to pay it when we were dropped off at AK.
So where would he drop you off if you don't want to pay the "drop off fee"?

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Star Wars Weekends and Disney Cruise Vacations

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Brandilovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #206
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandilovesdisney View Post
So where would he drop you off if you don't want to pay the "drop off fee"?
When we took a cab from the RPR to Contemporary in June we talked to the cab driver about this. He said that every cab driver knows where to drop you off so he doesn't have to drive you through the parking gates. He also said that every driver knows there is a drop off fee if they go through the parking gates. Just tell your driver when you get in the cab that you don't want to be charged drop off fees so he is to drop you off in the right spot. It looks like it is near the shuttle bus drop offs--not the Disney bus drop offs (from what he was showing us as we went by the Magic Kingdom parking). There is no drop off fees at the hotels.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #207
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
When we took a cab from the RPR to Contemporary in June we talked to the cab driver about this. He said that every cab driver knows where to drop you off so he doesn't have to drive you through the parking gates. He also said that every driver knows there is a drop off fee if they go through the parking gates. Just tell your driver when you get in the cab that you don't want to be charged drop off fees so he is to drop you off in the right spot. It looks like it is near the shuttle bus drop offs--not the Disney bus drop offs (from what he was showing us as we went by the Magic Kingdom parking). There is no drop off fees at the hotels.
How much was the cab from RPR to the Contemporary? This is the route we will have in November.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #208
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
How much was the cab from RPR to the Contemporary? This is the route we will have in November.
I think it was about $35 including tip. I don't recall exactly. Could have been a bit more or a bit less.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #209
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Thank you!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #210
seadd67
DIS Veteran

I am thinking of renting a car (from alamo)for four days,useing one the other days takeing a day trip to the kennedy space station. So i am thinking of useing alamo because i am useing a debt card. A has any one used a debt card to rent a car at WDW, and B, use a debt card at alamo's at WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: