Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #166
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
What is the Dreams Unlimited shuttle deal??
I looked at the website and can't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong place?
TIA



1-DAY/2-PARK WITH ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS
You receive a 1-Day/2-Park experience with transportation to Universal Orlando from your Disney Area Hotel.


You can find it on the Dreams Universal tickets page
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #167
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!
 
Meriweather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: AZ, OKW, VGC, VWL
Posts: 226,774

I just read this whole thread and found that....thanks.

Already have tickets though, so I guess just regular Mears transportation for us.
We bought tickets quite awhile ago.
__________________
Nancy
Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 AM   #168
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Take a deep breath...it will all work out.
Thanks for all your help anyway.

I reserved a place on the shuttle to BGT for June 1.

And guess what? It arrives at Universal parking complex bus stop (whereever that is lol) at 8.30am! So I don't even need to go to SeaWorld to catch it after all.

My only problem is that I will probably get to BGT at 11.30 or later, by which time Cheetah Hunt will have queues over HOURS.

Plus the coach leaves at 6pm, which means I have to be very careful with my queuing in the final part of the day - don't want to miss the bus home!
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #169
disneyxo
Mouseketeer
 
disneyxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_null81 View Post
Here reporting from universal with the Dreams unlimited/mears shuttle ticket deal....& in fact we are being let in with resort guests at 8am!!!! We picked up our tickets at will call and out tickets said UPRV which indicates we get in early.
We were thinking of taking a taxi because it allows us to be more flexible but if the ticket actually gets you in with the resort guests now leaning towards the Dreams unlimited deal. Hopefully others will post how it goes for them. We don't go until Sept so have some time to think about it.
__________________
disneyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #170
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
We were thinking of taking a taxi because it allows us to be more flexible but if the ticket actually gets you in with the resort guests now leaning towards the Dreams unlimited deal. Hopefully others will post how it goes for them. We don't go until Sept so have some time to think about it.
I notice by your ticker that you are going to arrive at Disney just a couple days after us.... what day are you going to US?
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #171
disneyxo
Mouseketeer
 
disneyxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
I notice by your ticker that you are going to arrive at Disney just a couple days after us.... what day are you going to US?
Currently we are planning on going on the 15th (Thursday).
__________________
disneyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #172
VisitorFromCal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5

This thread has been very helpful. I have been weighing all of the possible options to/from Universal from a Disney resort for a one day trip.

We have seven people and the Mears shuttle seems great except I expect a few will not care for the heat and want to leave earlier in the day (they said for POR the earliest we could depart was 3:15). Main thing is seeing Harry Potter world.

Rental car (minivan from car care center) seems like a major hassle and if people want to leave early a royal pain to leave the park and return. Price itself would be around $237 plus parking.

Mears Shuttle is $133 ($19 person, best price by far).

taxi cab (just using the online estimator) appears to be $34 each way (assume that is per person).

Cheapest and most flexible way I can think of is getting the shuttle and then if a few want to come back early let them get a taxi (rest use a shuttle).

Annybody see any issues with the above thinking (am I misunderstanding anything)?

Also, I am curious how much time it takes to get to Universal from Disney. Some people say it should take only about 25 - 30 minutes. Mears rep. (talked to them today) said it takes about 45 to 55 minutes.

And one last thing if you don't mind. One of the things I have been trying to account for is if Universal opened early. Supposed to be able to call a number the day before to see if the opening time has changed. Do they do that often? Our trip would be at the end of July. If they do it would it change the type of transportation you used?

Thanks in advance.
VisitorFromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #173
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,860

Mears shuttle can take longer because they can stop and pick up other people along the way.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #174
VisitorFromCal
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisitorFromCal View Post
This thread has been very helpful. I have been weighing all of the possible options to/from Universal from a Disney resort for a one day trip.

We have seven people and the Mears shuttle seems great except I expect a few will not care for the heat and want to leave earlier in the day (they said for POR the earliest we could depart was 3:15). Main thing is seeing Harry Potter world.

Rental car (minivan from car care center) seems like a major hassle and if people want to leave early a royal pain to leave the park and return. Price itself would be around $237 plus parking.

Mears Shuttle is $133 ($19 person, best price by far).

taxi cab (just using the online estimator) appears to be $34 each way (assume that is per person).

Cheapest and most flexible way I can think of is getting the shuttle and then if a few want to come back early let them get a taxi (rest use a shuttle).

Annybody see any issues with the above thinking (am I misunderstanding anything)?

Also, I am curious how much time it takes to get to Universal from Disney. Some people say it should take only about 25 - 30 minutes. Mears rep. (talked to them today) said it takes about 45 to 55 minutes.

And one last thing if you don't mind. One of the things I have been trying to account for is if Universal opened early. Supposed to be able to call a number the day before to see if the opening time has changed. Do they do that often? Our trip would be at the end of July. If they do it would it change the type of transportation you used?

Thanks in advance.
Okay I have to reply to my own post (for better or worse). I just talked to someone from Mears regarding the taxi (should have done that when I checked on the shuttle) and the price is regardless of passengers (so a van of 7 is $35 total one way) and then of course the return cost. This seems a no brainer to me for cost and convenience. I have taken one taxi maybe 20 years ago so not that familiar with it. Something I am missing??
VisitorFromCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #175
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisitorFromCal View Post
Okay I have to reply to my own post (for better or worse). I just talked to someone from Mears regarding the taxi (should have done that when I checked on the shuttle) and the price is regardless of passengers (so a van of 7 is $35 total one way) and then of course the return cost. This seems a no brainer to me for cost and convenience. I have taken one taxi maybe 20 years ago so not that familiar with it. Something I am missing??
Just make sure when you call for the taxi, you tell them you want a Mears van taxi and not the Mears shuttle.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #176
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
Currently we are planning on going on the 15th (Thursday).
That is one day after us... we plan on going on the 14th
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #177
disneyxo
Mouseketeer
 
disneyxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShhhQ View Post
That is one day after us... we plan on going on the 14th
Hopefully we both have great weather and a great time!!! I have never been there before so trying to read up on it so I am not totally lost the day we go!
__________________
disneyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #178
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer
 
sarahgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 439

Where do the Mears shuttles drop you off? Also how much time should I budget for pick up to park gate of IoA for AKL? Would an hour be sufficient or do I need more?
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #179
k_null81
Mouseketeer
 
k_null81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
Where do the Mears shuttles drop you off? Also how much time should I budget for pick up to park gate of IoA for AKL? Would an hour be sufficient or do I need more?
We were staying at AKL Kidani...are pick up time was 6:45 and we were probably 2-3 minutes late. We were his 1st pick up and he had only one other pickup and that was at POP. We were at Universal by 7:15. They dropped off in the shuttle/bus parking which is probably the same distance as if you parked in there garage.

I think an hour would be more then enough time but again this was just my experience. Maybe more people will chime in...
__________________
Me-
Hubby-
E-
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #180
Padstack
DIS Veteran
 
Padstack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxo View Post
We were thinking of taking a taxi because it allows us to be more flexible but if the ticket actually gets you in with the resort guests now leaning towards the Dreams unlimited deal. Hopefully others will post how it goes for them. We don't go until Sept so have some time to think about it.
I'm curious about this too. I e-mailed Dreams Unlimited to find out if this is the case. I will post once I hear back from them. We will have a really young one (<2 yrs old) so I do not want to show up at the gates really early only to find out that we have to wait.
Padstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: