Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #151
Buddy888
Earning My Ears

we have decided to take the lynx buses to IOA we know it will take about 2 hours but we don't mid only question is how do we get to either the ticket and transportation center or downtown disney from disney pop century resort at 6 in the mourning to catch the lynx buses?
Buddy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #152
seadd67
DIS Veteran

as far as i know you can not get them ahead of time. You just pay as you borad.
We have done this several times and it really does not take that long. Specialy that early. Have fun
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 AM   #153
Buddy888
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
as far as i know you can not get them ahead of time. You just pay as you borad.
We have done this several times and it really does not take that long. Specialy that early. Have fun
i was actually wondering how i could either get to ticket center at MK or DTD that early in the morning because the buses at pop century probably wont be running that early would they??
Buddy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #154
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Has anyone taken a Mears bus from Universal to the Magic Kingdom? We want to spend one day at MK. Does Mears do that sort thing? We would like to be picked up at our Hotel (Holiday Inn Maingate-Universal) and go to MK and then be picked up by Mears at park closing. If so is it pricey?
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #155
Finkerfell
Mouseketeer

How long does it take to get to Universal from Disney? Over on the Sea World board it doesn't look like much of a hassle to take the bus to Sea World, so why would it take so much longer to get to Universal? Is it becasue you need to get there earlier to enjoy all the HP stuff??

Thanks for the advice!
Finkerfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #156
k_null81
Mouseketeer

Here reporting from universal with the Dreams unlimited/mears shuttle ticket deal....& in fact we are being let in with resort guests at 8am!!!! We picked up our tickets at will call and out tickets said UPRV which indicates we get in early.
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #157
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_null81 View Post
Here reporting from universal with the Dreams unlimited/mears shuttle ticket deal....& in fact we are being let in with resort guests at 8am!!!! We picked up our tickets at will call and out tickets said UPRV which indicates we get in early.
Cool!!! I guess they aren't allowed to advertise it or it would be noted on their website.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #158
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

I Googled to no avail before posting here so please don't bite my head off!

I think I asked before this question, but how can I get from UOR to Busch Gardens and back again on the same day?

And more to the point, how long would it take?

I have 8 days at UOR, mainly for IOA of course. But I want to do MK 1 day, DHS/SWO on another day, and I am thinking of giving up another day to go to BGT. There are so many rides I want to do there, it would be money well-spent. But it's a shame for me that it's so far away.

I am not partial to going into greater Orlando by myself and finding a bus route down into Tampa. It would be great if a tour occurred from UOR or even WDW...

Universal/Busch/SeaWorld all promote themselves together in Florida (against WDW) so it would surely be a bit silly if organised transportation was not present between resorts?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #159
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

From my limited experience...

You can use the free shuttle to SW to catch the bus that runs to BGT and back. It will take about 2 hours each way depending on traffic and I'm not sure of the schedule. If you're going to head over there, pland to spend the entire day and then take the free shuttle back from SW to Universal.

You would need to confirm the shuttle times.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #160
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
From my limited experience...

You can use the free shuttle to SW to catch the bus that runs to BGT and back. It will take about 2 hours each way depending on traffic and I'm not sure of the schedule. If you're going to head over there, pland to spend the entire day and then take the free shuttle back from SW to Universal.

You would need to confirm the shuttle times.
Thanks for your tips.

I looked on this site (at the bottom) and it basically confirms what you said.

http://buschgardens.com/bgt/Plan/Directions.aspx

However it says that arrival at BGT could be as late as 11.30am! On Friday June 3 the park hours is 9.30am-9.00pm so I think I will go on that day. It gives me a lot of time to wait in the queues.

Is there anything like UE I can buy to skip the lines?

Finally, I wanted to ask, in your experience...

1. Are the wait times big for rides in BGT (i am specifically talking coasters- and yeah the new Cheetah Hunt will be insane queues, but maybe they will relieve the likes of ShieKra and Montu)?

2. Can you confirm that the BGT shuttle leaves from SeaWorld and at what time? It says it takes around 1hr on the BGT website, but doesn't give departure times.

If I mess up one of these journeys I will mess up my whole day, that's why I'm being very specific. Hope you can advise me here.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #161
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Here's what I found:

This link will give you information on the BGT shuttle. It says it leaves from "several Orlando locations" but doesn't list SW as a departure point.

https://secure.mearstransportation.c...schGardens.asp

For wait times...there are signs posted at the bigger attractions just like Disney or Universal.

I believe there is some sort of EP you can purchase but I'm not sure what it costs or how it works.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #162
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that. I did more research on BGT and they have a system called Quick Queue (available for all rides apart from the new Cheetah Hunt coaster).

It costs upto $32.50 per person per day, but online it seems as though there is 'no inventory available' for the first 3 days in June, when I wanted to visit.

The first day I can buy a quick queue pass is June 4, and thats the day before I fly home, so I really want to be at RPR on that day and experience everything one last time.

I guess I can try to purchase them at the gate, like people can do at IOA (limited availablitiy though).

I will post this question on the SeaWorld board tonight.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #163
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

OK, I'm starting to panic now.

Universal to SeaWorld = free shuttle
Universal to Busch Gardens = free long-distance shuttle bus (via SeaWorld)
Universal to WDW TTC = Mears shuttle (pre-booked)

OK, a few questions about this lot:

With regards the UOR-SWO shuttle, where in UOR does this bus stop? At each of the hotels? CityWalk? Outside the parking lot? Over the road from Universal Blvd?

With regards the SWO-BGT shuttle, I understand this takes upto 2 hours, but can someone confirm that it's free? I WON'T have BGT tickets (or SW) at the time of travelling on the shuttle bus - I will buy them when I'm there. Is this a problem?

With regards the UOR-WDW options, I must contact Mears personally yes? I think that's a bit hard to do from the UK but I will just ask the RPR concierge and maybe cheekily ask them to book something on my behalf (sure they've done it before for people).

Only a few days to go now, so need to know what I'm doing.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #164
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
OK, a few questions about this lot:

With regards the UOR-SWO shuttle, where in UOR does this bus stop? At each of the hotels? CityWalk? Outside the parking lot? Over the road from Universal Blvd? As far as I know, the shuttle stops at the hotels. Again...check at the hotels for more information.

With regards the SWO-BGT shuttle, I understand this takes upto 2 hours, but can someone confirm that it's free? I WON'T have BGT tickets (or SW) at the time of travelling on the shuttle bus - I will buy them when I'm there. Is this a problem? I think I saw it was around $10.00 round trip unless you have the Orlando Flex ticket or and BGT combo ticket. Check the website for more information.

With regards the UOR-WDW options, I must contact Mears personally yes? I think that's a bit hard to do from the UK but I will just ask the RPR concierge and maybe cheekily ask them to book something on my behalf (sure they've done it before for people). Check www.mearstransportation.com for information on booking the shuttle.

Only a few days to go now, so need to know what I'm doing.
Take a deep breath...it will all work out.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #165
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_null81 View Post
What is the Dreams Unlimited shuttle deal??
I looked at the website and can't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong place?
TIA

Meriweather is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: