Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #136
Small Town Princess
Mouseketeer

We will have a party of 10 (2 seniors, 4 adults, 1 teen and 3 kids) traveling in Dec for 2 weeks. We would like to spend our first 5 to 6 days at Disney (onsite) and then transfer to Universal & IOA (onsite also) for several days. Also planning 1 day for Kennedy Space Center & beach, 1 day at Discovery Cove and 1 day at Seaworld. Wow, I'm tired already.

Would we be better off trying to stay at Disney for the majority of our stay or Universal the entire second week? We would really like to avoid renting a car as much as possible. Truthfully, none of use are comfortable driving in a big city. What are our best (cheapest) transfer options for each?
Small Town Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #137
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Town Princess View Post
Would we be better off trying to stay at Disney for the majority of our stay or Universal the entire second week? We would really like to avoid renting a car as much as possible. Truthfully, none of use are comfortable driving in a big city. What are our best (cheapest) transfer options for each?
I think you would be better off staying at Disney and then moving to Universal for the duration. It's a lot easier not having to move around in the middle of the trip or to have to fool with a car.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #138
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Town Princess View Post
We will have a party of 10 (2 seniors, 4 adults, 1 teen and 3 kids) traveling in Dec for 2 weeks. We would like to spend our first 5 to 6 days at Disney (onsite) and then transfer to Universal & IOA (onsite also) for several days. Also planning 1 day for Kennedy Space Center & beach, 1 day at Discovery Cove and 1 day at Seaworld. Wow, I'm tired already.

I think for the cost of going to all these different places, yo uwil lbe better off renting a van of some sort money wise. How do you plan to get to Kennedy Space Center?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #139
Small Town Princess
Mouseketeer

I thought I read somewhere where you could book a tour through a vendor that would actually pick you up at a Disney resort for a Kennedy Space Center/ beach trip. I can't remember the name of the company though. I need to do some more research.

We are so confused because we really wanted to utilize Magical Express for transportation to and from the airport. Which means we might have to stay at Disney part of the time, tranfer to Universal and then go back to Disney for at least the last night of the trip.
Small Town Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #140
k_null81
Mouseketeer

Dreams unlimited package?

I have read that a couple people that did the Mears shuttle and 2 park 1 day pass for Universal were given early access to the park along with people staying at Universal resorts....Just wanting to hear more confirmations to this.

Thank you!
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #141
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_null81 View Post
I have read that a couple people that did the Mears shuttle and 2 park 1 day pass for Universal were given early access to the park along with people staying at Universal resorts....Just wanting to hear more confirmations to this.

Thank you!
We got in early with ours! Wish they had told us! We only found out when I accidentally got in the wrong line.

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #142
k_null81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
We got in early with ours! Wish they had told us! We only found out when I accidentally got in the wrong line.
crossing my fingers then! Thanks for the info. Just hope it wasn't a fluke and indeed we will be able to get in early as well.
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #143
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
crossing my fingers then! Thanks for the info. Just hope it wasn't a fluke and indeed we will be able to get in early as well.
I called Universal to ask about this and they said the only way you get early entry is to stay onsite or book a package through them.

Trublu, what were your dates, what time did you arrive and what identification did they ask to see?

It seems very bizarre that a discounted transportation ticket not even available through Universal would get you that privilege when Universal is trying to encourage people to stay onsite or book their packages.

Last edited by damo; 04-27-2011 at 12:32 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #144
TruBlu

Quote:
I just assumed that we got lucky, that's why I've never posted anything about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
I called Universal to ask about this and they said the only way you get early entry is to stay onsite or book a package through them.

Trublu, what were your dates, what time did you arrive and what identification did they ask to see?

It seems very bizarre that a discounted transportation ticket not even available through Universal would get you that privilege when Universal is trying to encourage people to stay onsite or book their packages.
I don't do trip reports or keep up with times, etc. We're pretty laid back in our travels.

We were there in mid-December. I think we went on a Friday (not sure because we were planning for Tuesday, but DH got sick & we had to change our day). I think Mears picked us up at AKL around 7:30 am (not sure). I know that we got to the gate long before it was supposed to open. I got our tickets from the kiosk and got in line to the left. I had no idea it was the early entry line. The first person looked at our tickets and waved us on to the line. DH joined us (he had gone the other way) and asked me why I was in that line. We decided to stay in line and see what happened. When we got to the gate they asked for our room key. I told them we didn't have one. A couple of people looked at the tickets, said they were okay, and let us in. Not sure WHY it happened, but really happy it did.

Last edited by TruBlu; 04-27-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #145
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
I just assumed that we got lucky, that's why I've never posted anything about it here.

I don't do trip reports or keep up with times, etc. We're pretty laid back in our travels.

We were there in mid-December. I think we went on a Friday (not sure because we were planning for Tuesday, but DH got sick & we had to change our day). I think Mears picked us up at AKL around 7:30 am (not sure). I know that we got to the gate long before it was supposed to open. I got our tickets from the kiosk and got in line to the left. I had no idea it was the early entry line. The first person looked at our tickets and waved my on to the line. DH joined us (he had gone the other way) and asked me why I was in that line. We decided to stay in line and see what happened. When we got to the gate they asked for our room key. I told them we didn't have one. A couple of people looked at the tickets, said they were okay, and let us in. Not sure WHY it happened, but really happy it did.
You probably got lucky. I think that if these tickets did allow early entry, it would be something that they would be advertising. Early entry people are usually let in starting around 7:45, so they may have not been too busy with early entry people and weren't fussy on who they were letting in.

Last edited by damo; 04-27-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #146
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You probably got lucky. I think that if these tickets did allow early entry, it would be something that they would be advertising. Early entry people are usually let in starting around 7:45, so they may have not been too busy with early entry people and weren't fussy on who they were letting in.
The person who let us in said that they were special tickets. I can't remember what he called them, but he said they did allow early entry. If we went back again, I'd try for early entry expecting NOT to get in, but hoping I would. Can't hurt to try...

We walked right on HP.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #147
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
The person who let us in said that they were special tickets. I can't remember what he called them, but he said they did allow early entry. If we went back again, I'd try for early entry expecting NOT to get in, but hoping I would. Can't hurt to try...

We walked right on HP.
Could have been some sort of promotional tickets at that time. Who knows. That's great for you!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 AM   #148
Harry Potter
Mouseketeer

I heard UOR has free shuttle buses to and from SeaWorld. How long is this journey, and how often do the shuttles leave? I would like to probably take the earliest shuttle, if possible, so what time would that be?

Also, any services from UOR to Busch Gardens Tampa?
Harry Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #149
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
I heard UOR has free shuttle buses to and from SeaWorld. How long is this journey, and how often do the shuttles leave? I would like to probably take the earliest shuttle, if possible, so what time would that be?

Whats UOR?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM   #150
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Whats UOR?
Universal Orlando Resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post

Nothing from Universal to BGT but there are free shuttles from the hotels to SeaWorld. It doesn't take long since the two resorts are only about 15 minutes from each other. I don't know the scedule of the shuttles.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: