Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
bobkim2340
Earning My Ears
 
bobkim2340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17

Back to the Future 2-2015

Does anyone know if anything is going to be done for BTF 2-2015 next year?
bobkim2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,330
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkim2340 View Post
Does anyone know if anything is going to be done for BTF 2-2015 next year?
I haven't heard or read anything. I seriously doubt there will be any type of attraction opening based on the film. 2015 is the year of the return of Kong and Skull Island but this time to IOA instead of the Studios. Lots of good things coming down the pike.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Fantasmic23
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
 
Fantasmic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I haven't heard or read anything. I seriously doubt there will be any type of attraction opening based on the film. 2015 is the year of the return of Kong and Skull Island but this time to IOA instead of the Studios. Lots of good things coming down the pike.
Can't wait! We just returned from another wonderful trip. We have decided to make Universal an annual thing every June, to celebrate the end of the school year and the beginning of the summer.
__________________
Fantasmic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
atricks
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 309

Although not in Florida, I've heard that Universal Hollywood in California is planning to re-enact the courthouse square clocktower scene from BTTF (At the actual set that was used for the film) as part of the nighttime backlot tour for 2015.

No idea if they will do anything in Florida or not.
__________________
---
All Adventure all the Time
atricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by atricks View Post
Although not in Florida, I've heard that Universal Hollywood in California is planning to re-enact the courthouse square clocktower scene from BTTF (At the actual set that was used for the film) as part of the nighttime backlot tour for 2015.

No idea if they will do anything in Florida or not.
If you search on Youtube there's a video of some guys re-enacting the mall scene when the car goes back in time,in the actual mall the film was shot.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHCYNWJxCU

There's others out there of the event as it was an event showcasing the 25th anniversary of the film,but this one is a short clip showing the re-enactment.
__________________

Last edited by DOOM1001; 07-11-2014 at 09:42 PM.
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
bobkim2340
Earning My Ears
 
bobkim2340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17

I was just thinking maybe Universal would possibly have something planned. Thanks for the replies
bobkim2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.