Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
goofydad99
It's goofydad's wife

Thinking and dreaming

Goofydad doesn't like going outside his comfort zone. I am thinking about booking one of the ABD for next year. It would be the two of us only. I would leave the children behind. Do you have any suggestions? The Disney part of me wants to visit Belle's chateau but I don't know. What do you suggest?

Do you use a travel agent to book these too? Thanks for your input. Thankfully we have passports so I can surprise him fairly easily.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

I booked our trip to Italy this year with Dreams Unlimited. Kevin was great.
My daughter and I enjoyed the Viva Italia trip. It was wonderful, I would recommend using Dreams Unlimited and going on the Viva Italia trip.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
goofydad99
It's goofydad's wife

Good to know. Thank you for the information.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
clarabelle
Pandas don't seem to have much of a survival instinct
What happens after the poo is picked up?

I would seriously consider flying in a day early on any of the ABDs.
It will give you a cushion in case flights get canceled and a day to get over jet lag.

Have you read any of the trip reports? That might give you an idea of which one to book
clarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
tigger_ttfn
Mouseketeer

With an ABD you will be taken care of completely, even if in a foreign country!

We have done Ireland and Italy. Both were amazing in their own ways!!! I am surprised how much English there was in Italy. Communication was rarely a problem.

We book through Magical Journeys for every trip - WDW, ABD, cruises, etc. But, I'm sure direct with Disney is fine too. We just love Terrisue because she takes good care of us.

tigger_ttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofydad99 View Post
Goofydad doesn't like going outside his comfort zone. I am thinking about booking one of the ABD for next year. It would be the two of us only. I would leave the children behind. Do you have any suggestions? The Disney part of me wants to visit Belle's chateau but I don't know. What do you suggest?

Do you use a travel agent to book these too? Thanks for your input. Thankfully we have passports so I can surprise him fairly easily.
You don't say what Goofydad's comfort zone *IS*. Or what kind of stuff you would like to see/do. Personally, I highly recommend Southwest Splendors, but it your profile says you're in the Southwest... Alaska is fabulous, also! Honestly, pretty much any of the ABD's are going to be a great experience! Check out my trip reports in my signature, and see if any of those appeal to you!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
queenmother
Earning My Ears

We booked through Costco Travel and got a better rate than through the Adventures by Disney website/number PLUS a 900 dollar costco gift card. I didnt price it any other ways (such as Dreams unlimited or other travel agency).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: