Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #121
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that your breakfast made you feel better. Jen & I had a morning like that at Epcot last year...we figured out that we hadn't had any caffeine yet. D'oh! You forget about those things at Disney.

Haley meeting the fairies sounds like a precious moment for the two of you.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #122
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great update Jen! I'm sure the management of that large of a group can at times be overwhelming, but you guys seem to be managing. Love the pictues with Will and Snow White. Priceless. Sounds like the Fairies were great too. Such a cute area. We've only visited once. It's just too tough to get into (kind of like Dumbo.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #123
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

The picture of Will with Snow White is just adorable! I'm sure Haley loved seeing Tink and friends. What a fun visit! Hannah didn't want to wait when we went last year so no Pixie Hallow for us. Hopefully, next time!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 07-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #124
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i love the picture of him sleeping with the mickey confetti on his face, its great.

I'm still finding that stuff around the house - though it makes me smile a bit anytime I do. I have more pictures of him later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update!

We got very used to the boat taking us to DTD when we were staying at SSR last summer, I loved taking that little boat,

I love the toffee cake at LTT....heaven on a plate!
Ohhh, I had the toffee cake....mmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great day! I love the MK opening show. It makes me teary eyed. I've only to be to Liberty Tree Tavern when they had the buffet. I'd like to try the lunch menu. Those DTD buses always seem to be the worse of them all. I'm glad you were able to meet up with your brother and his wife.
I was so glad to see the morning show! I think you'd like LTT, especially for lunch. I don't know that we had anyone who didn't like what they got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I Liberty Square. I know there isn't much there but I just adore it. How did you like lunch at LTT?? I'm debating going there in September.
It's definitely worth it. We made the ADR for lunch on purpose so that people had a choice of what they'd be eating. Dinner is family style, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
I always liked getting to MK at RD. You can get so much done before most people start straggling in. I cant wait to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express.
We ate there later in the week...mmmmmm.

Quote:
I'm glad that your breakfast made you feel better. Jen & I had a morning like that at Epcot last year...we figured out that we hadn't had any caffeine yet. D'oh! You forget about those things at Disney.

Haley meeting the fairies sounds like a precious moment for the two of you.
I always tease DH and his family because you don't want to get in the way of one of the men when they're hungry! Will is the same way - he gets SOOOOO cranky when he's hungry. He can't really function. But it was my turn this time....

Quote:
Great update Jen! I'm sure the management of that large of a group can at times be overwhelming, but you guys seem to be managing. Love the pictues with Will and Snow White. Priceless. Sounds like the Fairies were great too. Such a cute area. We've only visited once. It's just too tough to get into (kind of like Dumbo.)
I couldn't believe the line when we got out. I'd heard that you needed to hit it right at rope drop, and they were right! I'm so glad we did it. But we missed out on riding very many rides because of it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
The picture of Will with Snow White is just adorable! I'm sure Haley loved seeing Tink and friends. What a fun visit! Hannah didn't want to wait when we went last year so no Pixie Hallow for us. Hopefully, next time!
If she's a fan of the Fairies, it's worth it. But again, it's a trade off - not as many rides when you're waiting in lines for characters. That's why we do character meals!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #125
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I hear you on waiting for characters. Someday we won't I bet... but now it seems to consume a lot of time. I am right with you on eating character meals to knock some out... I had a hard time waiting to see Mickey in the Judges Tent this June, but my three all reminded me that we had not seen him!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #126
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I hear you on waiting for characters. Someday we won't I bet... but now it seems to consume a lot of time. I am right with you on eating character meals to knock some out... I had a hard time waiting to see Mickey in the Judges Tent this June, but my three all reminded me that we had not seen him!
I know that, in a few years, I'll look wistfully at the lines for the characters and wish my kids were still young enough to want to visit. I need to enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. But I looked at all that Shelley and co. got to do that day and I'm a bit torn. Oh, well - it made Haley's day! It really is an neat area. I actually wish we'd been able to hit Toontown with Will. I think he would have loved Mickey's house. But this was pretty much the only thing we did there. And it'll be gone when we go back...

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #127
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

(Tuesday, continued)

When I left Pixie Hollow with a beaming Haley, we ran into the rest of our little group. Poor Sue – we’d told her we’d be visiting the fairies. I didn’t realize that there’s nothing directing you to this building when you’re looking for them! She wandered for a while and decided to try the building we were in because it looked like the most likely spot. Once we were all together again, DH helped the kids make a few pressed pennies. We also did a little window shopping and I showed DH and MIL the fairy pics. Here we are camped out on the floor of the store area…

And Will checking out the merchandise

My MIL had successfully gotten us FP for Splash, and they would be up soon. So we decided to head over to Frontierland. Sue had the idea that we should ride the train – sounded good to us! We hurried to the station as we heard a train approaching. And who did we see already on the train but Great Grandma and Aunt Jane! The kids chatted to them nonstop throughout the ride about what they’d seen and done.

Once we pulled into the station at Frontierland and said goodbye to “The Sisters,” as they came to be known by our group, we decided to hit the restroom before heading to Splash to do a child swap. We were pleased to find the Laughing Place playground at this point (I’d never been able to find it before), and decided that it was as good a place as any for Will to play while we enjoyed the ride. Sue was nice enough to take the first shift of “Will Watch” for us so that we could ride as a family, and we all headed out with Fastpasses in hand.

The FP queue moved quickly. Before we knew it we were there. I didn’t get much of a chance to enjoy the details, but it was nice and cool there…ahhhhh! DH got in with Jack, with Haley and I right in front of them. We were in the second row behind a very nice father and daughter. Haley was getting a bit nervous at this point, and the dad assured her that while she’d get wet, she wouldn’t be soaked. His daughter asked Haley if she’d ever ridden the ride before, and shared that she’d already been on it about four times this trip. It was her favorite. That pacified Haley for a little while, at least. Of course, she wasn’t thrilled when we got wet right at the beginning of the ride, when you pass the people plunging down towards the end. She immediately started to wimper and complain that she didn’t like being that wet. Again, the pair in front of us helped by warning us when the various drops would occur.

I loved this ride!! Actually, it was a big hit with everyone except for Haley (who insisted that being wet was about the worst thing possible). I loved all the detail, and that there’s too much to see to take it all in in just one ride. I did snap a picture of our ride pic, though, simply because it was pretty darn funny.

Notice anything missing? My children, perhaps? They both ducked (Haley was almost on the floor of the log) as we went down the plume. If it wasn’t for the fact that Bryan and I can vouch that we were sitting next to them, you wouldn’t even know they were there!

We traded spots with Sue so that she could ride, and the kids played at the Laughing Place with Will.

Jack wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but we weren’t really sure we could get through in time for our lunch reservations, which were about 40 minutes away. I think at this point I went into Pecos Bill’s and got us some ice water. I could be wrong, though. I know we wandered through Frontierland in the general direction of Liberty Square, and we went into a few souvenir shops. Will became attached to a set of kids cups with Toy Story images on them. They were really cute – in one, Rex the Dinosaur was wearing Mickey Ears and eating a Mickey Bar. They became my first official souvenir purchase of the trip. At this point, Sue took Haley across the way to a little wagon that sold hats to buy her a new one (pink Minnie, very cute!), and then Bryan got a phone call from Tim. Apparently, we were the only members of the group not at the restaurant! We headed in to LTT and found everyone waiting for us. The kids colored a bit while we waited, but we were seated in no time.

While we were in the restaurant, we were able to meet up with a friend of Bryan’s from his men’s group at church. He and his family are so sweet. He has been to Disney once a year since 1971!!!! Talk about being jealous….they assured us that we’d be happy with our meals there, as it was one of their favorite restaurants. And they were right! DH and I ordered the pot roast and mashed potatoes….yummmmm!!! And the toffee cake?? WOW!!!! Even the kids enjoyed what they got…plain pasta for Haley and Jack. Will ate the sauce from Haley’s pasta with some of both the older kids’ macaroni. He inhaled it, and all but sucked up the sauce from the plate. He was quite a mess! He insisted that I needed to cut the sauce for him every time I gave him more, too. Who knows?

At our table (we were at two large tables), we had burgers (my mom and aunt), chicken and dumplings (I think – FIL), and more pot roast (UT). I think several people at the other table had the turkey dinner. Everyone was very pleased! Several people told Shelley and I we’d made a good choice with this one, which made us feel great. It isn’t easy picking restaurants for 16 people!

Tim told the people at the desk that we had a birthday in our party. Great Grandma had a birthday just before we left. However, she didn’t want to be celebrated, so Haley ended up with her cupcake and song. Her birthday was two weeks from our trip, and we were planning on celebrating it later in the week anyway because BBB was her birthday present from us.

I had to show you this picture. When they started singing to Haley, I was several feet away holding Will. Why, you ask? The child hates the birthday song. I'm talking HATES. He loves music - he sings and dances all the time. In fact, we joke about "music soothing the savage beast" because if he's having a tantrum sometimes we can get him out of it if we play music he likes. But he hates this song! We have pictures of him at his birthday with tears running down his cheeks because we were singing to him. And before we left we sang happy birthday to my choir director after Mass. Not only was it the song he hates, but it was on a pipe organ and there were about 200 people singing! He screamed and wailed...not pretty stuff! Anyway, this is Haley and Jack trying to distract him afterwards.

At some point, Mom and Aunt Dee started putting Mickey head confetti on Will. He thought it was great, as you can tell. However, when he woke up from his nap later on, he had red Mickey prints on his forehead!!!

By the end of the meal, though, he was pretty worn out. Sue ended up getting him to sleep before we left, as you could see in Shelley’s pictures. At this point, I put him in the stroller and took him back to the room to rest, and the others stopped at the Emporium for what seemed to be a massive shopping spree. I forget what all they got, though I remember wondering why we’d worked hard to convince them to save money for the trip when they had two Grammys along. They loved it, though. This was, by far, Jack’s favorite purchase – a light-up sword, as he calls it. It still gets a lot of use here!

After that, everyone else headed back, as well.

And here’s how that energetic kid with the sword looked once he got on the bus.

I had to laugh when I saw this picture.

Once back at the resort, we had a pretty laid-back evening…so laid back that I don’t have any pictures! DH and his dad went to an off-site place to buy Disney Quest tickets (they were a little cheaper). They did fine until they came to a toll plaza and realized that I’d taken most of the change I’d kept for tolls out of the van when we’d arrived. Apparently they held the line up for long enough that someone got out of their car and offered them some change to get through the toll plaza! Poor guys! MIL took the older kids to the pool, and I joined her once Will woke up. We ate dinner at the resort, and I think I read in bed for a while. Mom and Aunt Dee had tickets to go to Cirque de Soliel that night (I think I called it Le Cirque earlier in this TR….oops!) and we already knew they’d had some bus issues because someone else had run into them at the bus stop. They waited so long for a Downtown Disney bus that they didn’t have dinner before they got to the show – they were too worried about not making it there in time! But they stopped by our room after the show to tell us how much they’d enjoyed the show and show us the program. It sounds amazing! They were just gushing about it – they seriously loved it. I might have to give in and see it one of these days…the tickets just seem awfully expensive to me, when I’m already paying a decent amount of money for the vacation as it is!!!!

One of the best things about this vacation was being there long enough to have evenings like this one. Did we miss doing some things? Yes. But we honestly felt like we had the time to take it easy. Of course, next time I’d like to stay even longer…maybe get more in AND have time to take it easy! And I never did have a chance to lay in one of those CBR hammocks….

Tomorrow – Epcot World Showcase, Le Cellier, and we actually completely miss a reservation!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #128
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy you were able to ride Splash!!

I'm sure it's not funny when Will is crying but it's funny that he does it when people sing Happy Birthday. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon.

Relaxing nights are key at Disney, you need the downtime to relax and rejuvenate!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #129
marvali
DIS Veteran

Great updates and pictures!

What luck running into Snow White! That is definitely a rare one for us.

Love the Mickey confetti on the face! Too cute.

I've never gotten that stupid sword out of that stone either.

LTT always sounds good, but still one place we haven't eaten yet! Have to get there soon.

Kids in the floor of the boat on Splash.... You sure you two just didn't want to ride together????

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #130
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so happy you were able to ride Splash!!

I'm sure it's not funny when Will is crying but it's funny that he does it when people sing Happy Birthday. I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon.

Relaxing nights are key at Disney, you need the downtime to relax and rejuvenate!
In a kind of sick way (we are his parents, after all), we think it's hysterical. In fact, I've been taking pictures of him wailing so I can put a page in his scrapbook about it. Such a good mommy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Great updates and pictures!

What luck running into Snow White! That is definitely a rare one for us.

Love the Mickey confetti on the face! Too cute.

I've never gotten that stupid sword out of that stone either.

LTT always sounds good, but still one place we haven't eaten yet! Have to get there soon.

Kids in the floor of the boat on Splash.... You sure you two just didn't want to ride together????
I couldn't believe it when I saw that picture. Believe it or not, they both rode it again later in the trip - Jack will tell you it's one of his favorite rides now.

LTT was very good for us. I'd go again just for the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake. The pot roast was seriously good too, though.

Jack and that sword. I think it's just the fact that it's a sword. As you'll see later in the TR, he's a bit weapons-obsessed. Such a boy.... I wish they still did the show where Merlin comes out and a kid actually gets to at least move it. He would sooooo eat that up!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #131
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I still have catching up to do, but I'll at least comment on your most recent post and go back to read the others.

I loved the Splash picture! Hilarious with the "missing" kids!

That's great that you found a restaurant that everyone enjoyed and you got some kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post

One of the best things about this vacation was being there long enough to have evenings like this one. Did we miss doing some things? Yes. But we honestly felt like we had the time to take it easy. Of course, next time I’d like to stay even longer…maybe get more in AND have time to take it easy! And I never did have a chance to lay in one of those CBR hammocks….
I could say exactly the same thing. Except substitute CSR for CBR regarding hammocks.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #132
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Just read about your Jedi Training. It sounded like you had as magical experience as my son did back in 2005! That's wonderful! So glad you son got to fight Vader, and that he talked about it the whole trip.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #133
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I still have catching up to do, but I'll at least comment on your most recent post and go back to read the others.

I loved the Splash picture! Hilarious with the "missing" kids!

That's great that you found a restaurant that everyone enjoyed and you got some kudos.

I could say exactly the same thing. Except substitute CSR for CBR regarding hammocks.
MUST make time for the hammocks next trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Just read about your Jedi Training. It sounded like you had as magical experience as my son did back in 2005! That's wonderful! So glad you son got to fight Vader, and that he talked about it the whole trip.
He had a playdate just the other day. It was a little girl he'd really gotten close to in Kindergarten. Unfortunately, her dad (she only has a sister) has taken to Jack as well because he's a Star Wars fan...he took up half their first playdate (pre-trip) playing lightsabers with Jack while poor Devin watched them. This time, Jack had to bring pictures of him fighting Vader with him to show her dad. I don't think he'll forget that for quite some time!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #134
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great update! The picture of the missing children on Splash cracked me up! And LOL about Will hating the birthday song. Hopefully he'll get over that or he'll have a long childhood of missing b-day parties (of course that could save you some money not having to buy presents.) I love those relaxing evenings too. They are so nice after a fun filled day in the park!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #135
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great update! The picture of the missing children on Splash cracked me up! And LOL about Will hating the birthday song. Hopefully he'll get over that or he'll have a long childhood of missing b-day parties (of course that could save you some money not having to buy presents.) I love those relaxing evenings too. They are so nice after a fun filled day in the park!
Oooh...I hadn't thought about not having to have bday parties.... I admit that, after large productions for Haley and Jack until just this last year, I'm about over birthday parties!! Again, not going to win the Mommy of the Year award here anytime soon... He's doomed as the third child, I think.

October 2012 Trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: