Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 AM   #46
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Great update! We watched Star Wars (I) last night so I have a little more background. (It has been about 25 years since seeing the original.)

The Jedi training looks so awesome; was it the kids' favorite part of the trip?

We are headed to SciFi; I am curious to see what my girls think of the movies...
Old 06-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #47
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Came across your TR this morning and am thoroughly enjoying it!!

Can't wait to read more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Great update! We watched Star Wars (I) last night so I have a little more background. (It has been about 25 years since seeing the original.)

We are headed to SciFi; I am curious to see what my girls think of the movies...
My kids have always been touchy about things in the movies. They still spend the first few minutes of any movie (including Toy Story Three this week) with their hands over their ears. They've sat through ALL SIX of the Star Wars movies (with my DH talking them through it, to his credit), but they got freaked out by the "Incredible Growing Man" on the screen at Sci-Fi.

Yes, it was definitely a highlight of the trip. I joke that the only thing Haley liked better than Jedi Training was Bippity Boppity Boutique...she's my well-rounded kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Can't wait to read more
Glad you're enjoying things! We had a really good time - it's fun to share@

October 2012 Trip report

Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #49
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

you know all of these characters i am seeing makes methink i have never seen the 3rd movie, is that where they are from? those 2 girls?

they are not looking familiar to me.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
you know all of these characters i am seeing makes methink i have never seen the 3rd movie, is that where they are from? those 2 girls?

they are not looking familiar to me.
I asked my husband (because I had no idea) and he said they are both from the Clone Wars animated series and the Clone Wars animated movie.

The red one is Ahsoka and the blue one is Ventress.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #51
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:

How did they like Star Wars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Can't wait to read more
Welcome! Thanks for joining us!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #52
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

We watched SWII tonight. It is hard bc DH gets frustrated with their questions in the beginning when he and I are trying to understand exactly what is happening.

For instance, they needed to know how the queen became a senator and what a senator was...good questions.

They are staying interested though. I think that they will appreciate more at DHS with this background. They love Star Tours; now it will make sense!

I can't imagine getting into the animation too, though. I did hear an interview on a Podcast with an actress from Clone Wars. She was wonderful; she is married to a baseball player if that helps id her. If I remember the story correctly. Their first date was on her birthday, which the date matched the age she turned, and it was the players number. Her fifth grade teacher told her that birthday would be a special one. Obviously, they were meant to be.

Aren't you glad you asked how they like it? I am a bit long-winded tonight.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #53
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Monday
Epcot Future World

Today we headed out for Epcot. We started the day with Jen and family, our FIL and MIL, Norah, Ruby, UT and Tim and I. We arrived at Epcot and took our first large group photo pass. We split up to cover more territory. Tim and I went to get the fastpasses for Soarin'. It worked pretty well with both of us going. We each got into a different line and took half the cards so it went quickly. While we were there we saw The Land was only a 5 minute wait. We jumped in line and we were soon on a boat. I know that it is not the most exciting ride, but I do enjoy it. My favorite part is the greenhouse. On our family trip in 2007, the ladies in our group including Jen and I took the Behind the Seeds tour. We really enjoyed it.

We saw huge bunches of bananas. My DH is allergic to bananas, so when we saw them we were joking that this was the scariest ride ever for him.

"]We headed over to The Seas to meet up with everyone. Nemo had practically no wait so we rode that next. Afterwards we met up with everyone going into Turtle Talk. My inlaws, UT, Tim and I headed over to Club Cool. I avoided Beverly. I think Krest the ginger ale was my favorite.
We continued on our way and UT decided to explore on his own. He is a big photography buff, so he wanted to get some pictures. The four of us headed over to Mousegears. We cooled off (it was still early in the morning but it was HOT) and had fun looking around the store.

We explored Epcot a little more and then we headed over to Sunshine Seasons to have lunch before our Soarin' fastpass was ready. We all really liked our food. I had the cashew chicken and Tim had the pork chop. They both tasted really fresh. The rest of our group joined us and also had lunch. Jack enjoyed eating his food with chopsticks.

Once we were done eating it was time for Soarin'! I don't think I could ever get tired of this ride!

After Soarin' we headed for the buses. Tim and I went to fill up our mugs after we got back to CBR. We stopped to take some photos along the way. CBR is really beautiful.

Up next, dinner with Chef Mickey and our first viewing of the new fireworks.

Last edited by belle8306; 06-29-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #54
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We watched SWII tonight. It is hard bc DH gets frustrated with their questions in the beginning when he and I are trying to understand exactly what is happening.

For instance, they needed to know how the queen became a senator and what a senator was...good questions.
According to my husband she is the Queen of her people on Naboo, and she is the senator/representative from Naboo. She isn't queen of the whole planet of Naboo. Just her people. She represents the whole planet as a senator. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by belle8306; 06-29-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #55
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love how that you went as a big group but you all split up and did your own things too. I dream of a trip like that with my family someday, it's a perfect balance or so it seems.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #56
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love how that you went as a big group but you all split up and did your own things too. I dream of a trip like that with my family someday, it's a perfect balance or so it seems.
It worked well for our group. Jen and I had a plan and we let everyone know that they were free to join us, or they could do their own thing.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #57
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It worked well for our group. Jen and I had a plan and we let everyone know that they were free to join us, or they could do their own thing.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #58
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
According to my husband she is the Queen of her people on Naboo, and she is the senator/representative from Naboo. She isn't queen of the whole planet of Naboo. Just her people. She represents the whole planet as a senator. I hope that makes sense.
It does make sense. Thanks - I explained it similarily, but didn't know myself how a senator was higher rank than a queen. (Sometimes I am glad my girls are eight; it makes explanations so much easier.)
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #59
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I love the Epcot update. CBR is very lovely; it is amazing to me how much it and CSR really do look alike.

The Toy Story merchandise in the sundries shop is a riot. I bet many little kiddos are finding it easy to pick out souvenirs!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #60
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They are staying interested though. I think that they will appreciate more at DHS with this background. They love Star Tours; now it will make sense!

I can't imagine getting into the animation too, though. I did hear an interview on a Podcast with an actress from Clone Wars. She was wonderful; she is married to a baseball player if that helps id her. If I remember the story correctly. Their first date was on her birthday, which the date matched the age she turned, and it was the players number. Her fifth grade teacher told her that birthday would be a special one. Obviously, they were meant to be.

Aren't you glad you asked how they like it? I am a bit long-winded tonight.
Those sound like the kind of questions Jack asks...thankfully, I can pawn him off on DH, the Star Wars expert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I think you're doing pretty good! He's rubbed off on you a bit, hasn't he? I know the first three (techincally the last three???) from being a fan as a kid, but not Episodes I, II, or III!

Quote:
We really all did kinda do our own thing - which is great, because Shelley and I were a little worried that not everyone would and we would be trying to walk around the parks in that big group!! There were even days when I'd wave to Shelley from across the table (or at the next table) at our sit-down meal, and that was about all I saw her! We joked as we left on the last day that we'd have to get together back home and catch up...

Quote:
It does make sense. Thanks - I explained it similarily, but didn't know myself how a senator was higher rank than a queen. (Sometimes I am glad my girls are eight; it makes explanations so much easier.)
It's like the time thing - I like the fact that I can give them a "five minute warning" at the park, and then tell them two minutes later that we're leaving. If Haley starts wearing a watch, that won't work anymore - she only buys it because there's no clock there.

Quote:
I love the Epcot update. CBR is very lovely; it is amazing to me how much it and CSR really do look alike.

The Toy Story merchandise in the sundries shop is a riot. I bet many little kiddos are finding it easy to pick out souvenirs!
I've never been to CSR - this was our first moderate, really. I'd still like to try POR at least once after hearing Shelley and Tim rave about it. However, I think I'm going to look into renting DVC points next time - fitting five people and their stuff into one room that size just doesn't work well for a week! And that was with one kid sleeping somewhere else every night but the first one...

October 2012 Trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: