Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #271
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
What a great set of updates! So much I can't even comment on all of it! I do see myself waving a napkin in the background of your CP picture And here is the picture my DS took that day.

You had a fabulous MK morning and then ice cream for lunch The best moment by far though is when Pinocchio took your kids over for a checker game! How cute is that! I just love those unplanned Magical Moments! I don't know if you're evening is going to be able to top how great your morning was
I know - this was pretty packed. I'm to the point when I need to finish this TR because I'm back at school and not on the DIS as much, so I just kept writing. It was really one of the best days we had that trip - just making sure we hit the last few things we hadn't seen yet! And, no...the evening definitely did NOT top this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Parents who feed their kids ice cream for a meal at Disney are the best! (If you don't believe me, just check out my most recent TR chapter. )

That's great that Pinocchio gave your family a magical moment to remember!
He really made our day - it was one of the tops on my list of favorite memories.

Ice cream for lunch was great - we've done that one or two other trips. We figured it was great for the last day. I'm headed over to catch up on your report now...school just cuts into my DIS time too much!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #272
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't left the trip report. I have been super busy getting ready for school to start. Once things calm down I can finish my updates. Sorry for the delay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #273
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

wow TR update overload,

it was all good,

liked the ice cream meal, and the checkers.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #274
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a super succesful morning at Magic Kingdom. You got a lot done!!

Tiana and Naveen were one of the best character meets I've ever had.

I love your shirts, you all look so cute. Love your pictures from Main St. of just yoru gruop. It's nice to have those on big group trips.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #275
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't left the trip report. I have been super busy getting ready for school to start. Once things calm down I can finish my updates. Sorry for the delay!
Hey there! How did your meetings go today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
wow TR update overload,

it was all good,

liked the ice cream meal, and the checkers.
I know...nothing like cramming everything in together! But my DIS-ing is going to be sporadic, at best, for a while...or at least until my student teacher takes over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like you had a super succesful morning at Magic Kingdom. You got a lot done!!

Tiana and Naveen were one of the best character meets I've ever had.

I love your shirts, you all look so cute. Love your pictures from Main St. of just yoru gruop. It's nice to have those on big group trips.
We got more done that morning than we did ANY other morning! It also wasn't insanely, so-bad-I-don't-want-to-breathe hot that morning. It made a big difference! I agree that Tiana and Naveen were a lot of fun. Definitely worth the 20 minutes! Thanks for the compliment on the shirts - we were stopped several times and asked where we'd bought them. My MIL enjoyed explaining that she'd made them!

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 08-16-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #276
marvali
DIS Veteran

Great updates and super pictures!!! What a cool extra special interaction with Pinocchio!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
It was funny...our section wasn't very full, so it was surprising when they all showed up (must've been seated on the other side). We've never done 'Ohana breakfast before. I think the food at dinner would be hard to beat! If you can catch the boat, I highly recommend it. Slower than the monorail, but very relaxing!
Breakfast is great!!! Between you, Dan and Glenn, I'm definitely sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Parents who feed their kids ice cream for a meal at Disney are the best! (If you don't believe me, just check out my most recent TR chapter. )

BTW, the parent/ice cream meal scenario doesn't apply to everyone!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #277
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was several updates behind. Sorry!

Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to comment on.

Ohana's dinner! I am definitely going to be booking an ADR there for our May, 2011 trip. I've heard such good things about it and your report just confirmed that it's a must do. We ate at Whispering Canyon last year and we were seated on the outskirts of the restaurant so I know how you feel when you said you felt like you were out of the loop at Ohana.

So happy that you guys were finally able to see Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana. We passed by them this past trip and the line was closed.

I think it's fantastic that Pinocchio took your kids by the hand and played checkers with them. Those are the moments that make all the planning, all the stressing over the vacation, etc. worth while.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #278
dseth
DIS Veteran

Wow! Just got all caught up! Great TR!! We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour too on our last trip. It is an amazing tour! We like you, would recommend it to anyone A little too much standing but other than that absolutely AWESOME...packed full of great information!
And WOW Pinocchio, REALLY where else but Disney can you get that kind of magic!! It's just the BEST!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: