Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #151
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, big update. I remember that ending to the Norway Kimpossible mission. I was so surprised by that poster turning into a part of the mission that I didn't think to take a picture of it until it turned back into a poster!

Sorry to hear about your mini-meltdown. I guess that's the negative side to park touring with such a large group. It's nice to be with family, but you don't always get to do and see all that you want to.
I wish I could blame it all on my family. It was pretty much me. I really enjoyed seeing what we did with everyone, though. The Kim Possible thing was pretty cool. I had to explain a little of the fashion world idea to the kids, which made me very glad that Haley hadn't gotten to that point yet! The only problem the kids had was their directionally challenged mother trying to tell them they needed to go the other way. They thought the whole poster thing was cool - they were telling Ruby all about it during lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I feel the same way. I think why I wanted to go there so badly on our upcoming trip is because when I went in 2008, I was having a meltdown during our meal and didn't get to enjoy it really. The crowds had gotten to me and our ADR was right before Illuminations and I just wanted to eat and leave before the crowds got to the buses. I've been since with Jen but I feel I owe it to my husband to have re-do at Le Cellier for the two of us. I made the poor guy take his dessert to go.
Sounds like you'll have a nice dinner! I've taken dessert to go before...sometimes it makes for a good breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I'm real excited I was able to get my Le Cellier ADR for our trip in December, but I totally agree with you! NO one particular restaurant will make or break my trip, for sure! Hopefully the "signature" rumor is just that, only a rumor. As much as I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time, I'm not two dining credits excited!

Unfortunately I've seen "her" before. It is crazy. I don't really have a problem with someone moving my finished clothes to the table so they can get started if I miss on the finish time, but you don't have to be a jerk about it!
Yeah, she was pretty intense. Hopefully, Le Cellier will still be a one-credit meal in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Too bad we have to do laundry on vacation, isn't it. Last year I actually packed clothes for 9 days because I didn't want to mess with laundry. Sorry about missing the storytime. It sounds like that would have been lots of fun. Yay for Le Cellier. I love the soup. Sorry you didn't get more of a chance to explore World Showcase. It just gets so brutally hot there in the afternoons during the summer. Hopefully you got a chance to explore a little morein the evening.
That's it - if I hadn't had to do laundry on vacation, it would have been alright! Blame it on the chores! The storytime sounded great when Norah told us about it, but we actually ended up getting some surprise one-on-one with a character on our last day, so that kind of made up for not making it. I suppose we could have run to catch some of it once we got to the park, but we just weren't up for it!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #152
Dug-says-HI-THERE!
SQUIRREL !!!!

After the Crazy Laundry Lady, no wonder you had a mini-melt-down!

My next DISNEY adventure: UNKNOWN, cause we're EXPECTING!! APRIL 2011
1996 - WL:2000 - BWV:2001 - OKW:2005 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite):2005 - POFQ:Dec 2007 - BWV
Our DVC Home:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #153
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug-says-HI-THERE! View Post
After the Crazy Laundry Lady, no wonder you had a mini-melt-down!
She's one of those stories from Disney that we'll laugh about for a good long while! The next time we go, when we go to do laundry, I'm sure we'll talk about the Crazy Laundry Lady!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #154
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

A quick non-trip update...

It is Disney-related, though!

Haley turned 9 recently, and for her birthday my parents gave us tickets to see High School Musical – Live on Stage at our local Dinner Theatre.

Honestly, I wasn’t all that excited about the show, just excited about spending an evening with just me, DH, and Haley. We were pleasantly surprised by the fact that, as cheesy as it can sometimes be, the message in HSM is really positive (I haven’t seen anything but the last scene before, and DH hasn’t seen any of them)! We got a kick, in particular, out of the adults. The actors who played the adults – the coach and the teacher – were part of the final dance scene, which we felt sorry for them for. We got such a kick out of watching the coach do all those dance moves. He was having a pretty good time and not taking himself too seriously!

They did a little pre-show where they announced celebrations, and Haley was so excited when they announced her birthday (it was two of the characters from the show – the coach and a radio announcer from the high school – which was a nice touch, I thought).

We’d been there a little while when the two tables directly above us were filled by a family with five little girls between the ages of 5 and 7, I’d guess. The theatre is set up in tiers, and our table was up against a divider wall between us and the tier above us. We immediately realized we could be in for it, as the girls were hanging over the railing of the dividing wall and exclaiming at the tops of their lungs. We had a group of four twenty-something ladies next to us (they looked like sisters or cousins) who weren’t thrilled by the arrival of the little ones, either. They were season ticket holders who, I’m guessing, wouldn’t have been there otherwise. The little girls sitting at the first table, which was closer to the ladies next to us, kept loosing the flip flops they were wearing, which would end up on our neighbors (there was a space between the wall and the floor). This happened at least 3 times. At one point, DH joked to one of the ladies that she should just keep it, as the child obviously didn’t want it. We exchanged lots of rolled eyes and exasperated glances with those ladies before the show started! They even made a point of telling DH that Haley was behaving wonderfully, and that we should be proud. They also turned and congratulated her for her birthday. We were kind of glad to have them around to commiserate with!

At intermission, the lights came up and those who’d ordered dessert got it. We were relieved when a grandmother took the little girls out to explore the lobby - though not before they thought it’d be fun to reach over the rail and touch the glasses of the table of ladies next to us while they were in the restroom! Don’t get me wrong – these kids weren’t being purposefully obnoxious. They were simply kids who had never been taught how to act in a place like this. I run into it at school all the time during convocations – even some of the people I work with are of the mind that, “They’re just kids, so we can’t expect much more out of them.” I happen to be of the opinion that they won’t ever learn how to act if we don’t teach them!!! Anyway, our relief was short-lived…they came back after about ten minutes, and they’d been at the gift shop. They’d all been bought stuffed animals – mostly dogs, which they were voicing in little yippy barking noises. I couldn’t believe it – and neither could our newfound friends at the next table. We all just groaned and laughed (gotta laugh instead of getting mad, right??). That’s when our neighbors really surprised us. One of them got up and left…and returned with a stuffed bear in a Wildcat cheerleader outfit for Haley! She crouched down to Haley’s height and told her happy birthday, and thanked her for her good behavior. I wish I had a picture of Haley’s face…it was priceless! She ended up going over to the other table and hugging her newfound friend, and the bear was in her lap the entire rest of the show. It was just a neat experience! The girls above us got worse, unfortunately, as the show went on. They started singing as they hung over the railing, almost hitting DH many times. When he shot the dad a look, the dad did at least say something to the mom, who picked the little girl up and put her in her lap. But the conversations they were carrying on in full voice during the last couple of scenes really bothered us. When the lights came up, the family with the little girls bolted, and we said goodbye to our newfound friends at the next table. Haley had been fairly oblivious to the issues with the little girls, especially once the show started – she just drank in the entire show. But we made sure she understood why she’d gotten the bear, she was pretty amazed and thankful. Haley had an amazing time, and DH and I really enjoyed the experience more than we’d thought. It was one we’ll remember, for sure!

Ok – back to the trip next, I promise. I just had to share!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #155
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

Aww, I wish people would teach their children when to be goofy and all funny and when to be quiet and good. But it takes all people to make our world go round. At least you guys had a great time though. It was very nice of the lady to give Haley a stuff bear!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #156
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
Aww, I wish people would teach their children when to be goofy and all funny and when to be quiet and good. But it takes all people to make our world go round. At least you guys had a great time though. It was very nice of the lady to give Haley a stuff bear!!!
We couldn't believe it - it was well over and above! We were flattered that they thought Haley was well-behaved and took the time to tell her so! To give the other people a tiny bit of slack, I know it would have been harder for Haley to behave had there been other kids with her. But we still wouldn't have let her do anything like those kids did!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #157
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Wednesday Evening

So, thanks to Tim, Shelley, and my in-laws, we were soon on a bus back to Epcot with my mom and aunt. We had fun joking around on the way there. It had rained a bit, and we took ponchos with us just in case it rained again. We were lucky, though – we stayed dry!

Bryan and Aunt Dee had gotten Fastpasses for Test Track (Jack’s one request while we were in Epcot…which we didn’t get to, unfortunately) that afternoon, and since we still had them we thought we’d head there before scoping out a spot for the fireworks. However, since it had just rained, Test Track wasn’t up yet. Instead, DH and my aunt convinced Mom and I to try this for the first time…

Yep! I’d never done it, instead hanging out with the kids while Bryan had ridden it. But since we didn’t have that situation today, and since the posted wait time was about 10 minutes for the green side, we decided to do it. Mom was a bit unsure (and Bryan seriously tried to get us to go to the red side), but we all ended up getting in the green line together. I ended up enjoying it! We had a good laugh when Mom was named navigator for our mission (she’s even worse with directions than I am), and settled in to our space vehicle. I’m glad I was able to do this – it really is a good example of Disney Imagineering at its best! I was impressed by how immersive it was, the storyline that went with it, everything! Aunt Dee had been telling us this during our very short (less than the 10 minutes that had been posted) wait, and I ended up completely agreeing with her!

After Mission Space, Test Track was still down, so we tried to go to Club Cool. Unfortunately, we’d ended up back in the park at just a little after 7, so most things were closed. It was now only about 55 minutes before Illuminations, so we took some pictures and then wandered over to World Showcase.

We ended up finding an almost-partially obstructed view (we didn’t really have a view of the entire WS area) across from the China pavilion. At this point, we wanted snacks! Our Le Cellier lunch – and the heat – had kept us from being hungry up until then, but we all agreed we could use some food. Aunt Dee and I went in search of a tasty snack, and Bryan and Mom stayed behind to “guard” the spot.

We wandered for a little while, looking at menus and snapping pictures.

We also saw a Bee Gees (sp?) tribute band at the American pavilion. It was kind of fun!

We ended up getting a whiff of the funnel cake stand not too far from there, and that was it! We each got one to bring back and share, and stopped at China for soft drinks on the way back. Mom and Bryan decided to just share with us, so we all settled in to watch one of my favorite shows on property.

I didn’t get to see this until our last trip in 2008 for various reasons (an overpacked scheduled in 2000, tired-out kids in 2005, rain in 2007). Even though the globe was being refurbished at the time, I loved it. I was glad to see the show now with the globe – it was really amazing!

After the fireworks ended, we leisurely meandered back to Futureworld. Bryan and I had discovered on our last trip that the trick was to take our time, maybe do a little shopping, and then head for the buses. We’d gotten on the next bus that had arrived last time because the majority of the crowd had already left. So that’s what we did this time. We took a few pictures,

And then headed to Mouse Gear for some actual browsing, since the kids weren’t pulling us in different directions! DH is a serious shopper – he comes by it honestly. His mom has clothed my children for much of their lives with the bargains she finds! She’d already found some Disney sweatshirts for 50% off at the gift show at CBR. So now, DH knew what to look for!

I picked up some of the shaped pens that I collect (they’re fun to use when conferencing with my students) and a pair of earrings and paid for them. I found Mom and Aunt Dee and we went in search of Bryan to prod him on (as I said, he’s a serious shopper). That’s when we found yet another rack of 50% off sweatshirts. I ended up with a really cute Mickey one (I’ll take pictures and post them later), and Bryan actually ended up finding a 2010 sweatshirt that was half off! Mom, Aunt Dee and I waited for Bryan to decide and make his purchases. I took this picture while we waited.

Mom checked in with Dad on her cell (he was visiting my brother in CA, and they’d made a trip to the Grand Canyon), and Aunt Dee checked in with my uncle and grandpa (who she lives next door to back home). Once Bryan was done, we headed out. As we’d expected, the line for the bus to CBR wasn’t bad at all, and we were back to our rooms very quickly. The kids were asleep, and we let our wonderful sitters head to that direction themselves. It ended up being a very nice evening after a day that hadn’t gone so well!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #159
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update!

That picture you took across the lagoon at sunset looking at Canada is spectacular....absolutely beautiful!

We always seem to watch Illuminations from Italy....it's my DD17 favorite viewing spot...
Italy, huh? We might have to try that one next time!

I was pleased with the way the sunset picture turned out...I'm still learning this camera, so it was pure dumb luck! Bryan has experimented much more with it, and most of the other ones are his!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #160
Dug-says-HI-THERE!
SQUIRREL !!!!

Love to read about guys who like SHOPPING!!

My next DISNEY adventure: UNKNOWN, cause we're EXPECTING!! APRIL 2011
1996 - WL:2000 - BWV:2001 - OKW:2005 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite):2005 - POFQ:Dec 2007 - BWV
Our DVC Home:
Old 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #161
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

What a lovely Epcot evening! I love the World Showcase at night. It seems so relaxing. Excellent move to browse around and miss the crowd. We've done that in the MK after the fireworks and it definitely works.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #162
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Jen,
I am glad you guys enjoyed HSM. It was nice of them to give Haley a bear. That will be a special memory for her.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #163
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug-says-HI-THERE! View Post
Love to read about guys who like SHOPPING!!
Yes, he does! My dad thinks there's something wrong with him sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
What a lovely Epcot evening! I love the World Showcase at night. It seems so relaxing. Excellent move to browse around and miss the crowd. We've done that in the MK after the fireworks and it definitely works.
It's so much more enjoyable than rushing out and standing in line for the buses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Jen,
I am glad you guys enjoyed HSM. It was nice of them to give Haley a bear. That will be a special memory for her.
We're now watching HSM 2...we've already watched HSM 1 earlier. I think she's hooked! It was a way to bribe her into doing a deep clean of her room!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #164
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Wednesday

*I am sorry some of the pictures in this update are so large. Photobucket was being difficult and I didn't want to wait to finish this.

When I last left off we were going to sleep after a busy day at MK and DTD. This morning we got to sleep in a little. Our plans for the day included some resort touring, exploring World Showcase with lunch at LeCellier. We started off the day meeting up with Sue, Stoney and UT. I heard about the drama in the laundry room. Yikes! I am glad I avoided all of that.

Our plan was to tour the Boardwalk area resorts. I have never been there and I was looking forward to getting to see everything. We got on the bus to DHS pretty quickly. I like how CBR is so centrally located to all of the parks.

We headed over to catch the Friendship boats to the Epcot resorts. The ride was peaceful. Soon, we were seeing the resorts coming into view.
The boat captain told us that the quickest way to get the Boardwalk was to get off at the Swan and Dolphin and walk across the bridge.

The grounds around the Swan and Dolphin are very pretty. We headed over to the Boardwalk area.

Here is Kat Cora's restaurant for any Iron Chef fans.

The candy store didn't open until 1:00. Which was kind of strange.

We cooled off at the Screendoor General Store. It was cute inside. Plus, Tim was able to trade some pins.

We got a snack and some ice water at the Boardwalk Bakery. Tim and I shared a cheesecake brownie. It was very good. They have a small seating area that had some shaded seating. We were able to enjoy our snack and take in the view.

We decided that we wanted to head on over to Epcot next. I didn't realize what a short walk it is. In no time at all we were going through security.
This is where we saw something strange. There was a man walking around without a shirt on. Yes, it was VERY hot that day, but I am pretty sure Disney has a shirt policy. There isn't a really nice way to say that this man was very hairy. We spotted some restrooms and we decide to take a break before moving on into Epcot. The guys go into the restroom and our shirtless friend was in there. Except, this time he was also pantless too. Yep, apparently he dropped trou right in the middle of the restroom and was wiping himself down with paper towels. I am not sure why he didn't use a stall to do this. I am just thankful that I didn't have to witness it myself.

So, after that weird experience we were ready to move on to more scenic views. We headed into World Showcase and went into France first.

We wandered through shops and stopped to look at things and take pictures. We took our time in each of the countries. Eventually, we made it into Japan. We decided to check out the pearl area where Sue was going to get her pearl later. There was no one waiting and the girl that was working was very helpful and friendly. We told her we would be back and we continued on. We wandered through the store checking out some of the unique items. My FIL loves shrimp and I found shrimp flavored potato chips. They were only a dollar so he gave them a try. Let me say that they didn't smell very good. Tim and I did try them and the shrimp flavor was there but it wasn't very powerful. My FIL enjoyed them so that is what matters.

We made it almost to Germany and we decided that we should start heading toward Canada so we weren't late for our ADR. We explored the UK area and met some nice CM's in the tea store. Sue bought some shortbread. We tried some of it later and it was very good. It was getting close to our ADR time so we went to Canada. I never noticed how pretty the gardens outside of LeCellier are.

I would like to stay in that little cottage.

We checked in at LeCellier and we sat in the wonderful AC until the rest of our group arrived. It seemed like as soon as we were in the restaurant it started raining. Luckily, the rain had passed by the time we left. We were seated with Sue and Stoney in a corner both. Tim and I ordered the Taste of LeCellier. We had the cheese soup, prime rib sandwich, and the chocolate mouse. For drinks, I had a smoothie and he had a milkshake. Everything was really good. The pretzel bread was wonderful. At one point Will came back to visit us.

After our lunch we headed back over to Japan to do the pearl picking.
We listened to Off Kilter and watched Will boogie down. Then we stopped for a photo pass picture. We made our way into Japan and it was packed. This was me. Around this time Tim wasn't feeling very good. I don't know if it was the heat or being surrounded by people in a warm store, but he needed a break. So, we told Sue what was going on and she let us know it was fine if we left. We headed towards Futureworld and we found a place with AC where we could sit and rest. After about 20 minutes he was feeling much better. The sky however, was looking pretty dark. We decided to head back to the room.

As we got up to the bus stop, who do we see, but our group! I guess we timed our break just right. We hopped on the bus and made it back to our room to rest. I didn't take any pictures of the rest of the evening.

That night Bryan, Jen, Elaine and Dee went back to see Illuminations. After our long park day and with the sky looking kind or ominous we decided to stay back and help watch the kids.

We wanted to get dinner at the foodcourt. First, I started a couple of loads of laundry with Sue. Then we took the kids over to eat. Tim sat with Will, and I took Haley to get her dinner. I think Sue took Jack to get his. We met back up at our table and then took turns getting our dinners. While we were eating, UT joined us. Sue and I went back to check on our laundry and to get the kids changed into their swimsuits.

The sky was still cloudy, but since it wasn't raining we decided to go ahead and go to the pool. The kids had a blast swimming. They played by the waterfall in the pool. Sue went in the pool with them. I was content to watch from a lounge chair. We headed back to the room and picked our laundry up on our way. We hung out in Sue and Stoney's room for a while and then left so the kids could go to sleep. It was nice to have a relaxing evening at the resort.

Up next:
Adventures at Downtown Disney
1900 Park Fare
Summer Nightastic
Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #165
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

What a great update! Sounds like a fantastic day....lunch at Le Cellier, yummy!!

Sorry about your meltdown, but we've all had them, as much as we hate to admit it, it's a fact! I have had a few not so proud moments myself there, but hey, we get over them pretty fast, how can't we when we're at the happiest place on earth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: