Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #136
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

The splash picture is pretty funny I didnt notice where Haley was. Til you pointed out that both children was ducking.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #137
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
And LOL about Will hating the birthday song. Hopefully he'll get over that or he'll have a long childhood of missing b-day parties (of course that could save you some money not having to buy presents.)
Yeah, most of us don't start hating that song until later in life, and then we don't want the constant reminders......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Oooh...I hadn't thought about not having to have bday parties.... I admit that, after large productions for Haley and Jack until just this last year, I'm about over birthday parties!! Again, not going to win the Mommy of the Year award here anytime soon... He's doomed as the third child, I think.
Yeah, that first child you film every little thing, then the second one you try to do the same, but that camcorder starts getting heavy and a pain in the butt to keep the batteries charged! By the time that third one comes along you can't remember where you put the camera, and all those wonderful first dirty diapers, spitting up, etc. just become

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #138
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
The splash picture is pretty funny I didnt notice where Haley was. Til you pointed out that both children was ducking.
It'll be a great thing to pull out later in life and tease them about in front of friends/significant others some day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yeah, most of us don't start hating that song until later in life, and then we don't want the constant reminders...... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yeah, that first child you film every little thing, then the second one you try to do the same, but that camcorder starts getting heavy and a pain in the butt to keep the batteries charged! By the time that third one comes along you can't remember where you put the camera, and all those wonderful first dirty diapers, spitting up, etc. just become
I swore I wouldn't do that to him...it didn't matter. It happened anyway!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #139
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Wednesday

This was our “no rush morning.” I was looking forward to that part of it! I was, though, up at 7 a.m. so that I could get dressed and start some laundry. We were due at Epcot for AAA Storytime with a character, something we hadn’t ever tried before, at 11:30. Only Norah, Ruby, and our little group were going to go, but we thought it might be fun. Then we had a 1:45 ADR at Le Cellier, which we’d never been to before. The plan was to then stay at Epcot, mostly in World Showcase, and see Illuminations that night.

We let the kids relax and wake up whenever, and I used a snack credit on a bagel at the food court and then loaded up five days worth of laundry for five people and headed to the laundry area. Mom and Aunt Dee also had some laundry to do, and after it was all started I walked to Old Port Royale to sit with them while they used some extra CS credits on breakfast. As we were walking back to the laundry area, I stopped by the room to check in on DH and the kids. While I was there, I ran into Sue, who told me that she’d saved me when she went to do a quick load of laundry. Apparently, some lady had come to do her laundry and was being very loud about the fact that someone had filled a machine but hadn’t even started it. It was me, of course – I apparently didn’t start my second load. Sue was laughing…apparently, the lady was very intent on doing her laundry! Sue had started it for me to keep the lady from taking my clothes out. So we hurried back and sure enough, there was this older lady walking around, putting her hands on all the washers to see if they were done or not. One of Mom’s laundry loads was actually sitting on the folding table because the lady had decided that, since the machine was done, she could use it. I’m sorry, but we’d been timing them, so we knew the loads had only been done for five minutes, tops. The lady pounced on us as we entered – “Are these yours? Because they’re done. Other people are waiting, you know.” Well, she was right in a way – she was waiting. There was one other couple in there doing their laundry, but they had already started theirs and were waiting for them to finish (while keeping a wary eye on the Crazy Laundry Lady, I might add). We ended up staying for the rest of the time our laundry was drying to protect our clothes. Crazy Laundry Lady proceeded to follow us around the entire time we were there. She stood and watched as I unloaded the last load out of the washer and into a dryer, standing right over me so she could snatch up my machine (I swear she’d already filled about five) as soon as I was done. Then, because we didn’t want to dry everything completely, we kept stopping the dryers and pulling things out. Every time, she was right there. “Are you done with that machine?” We tried to be polite about telling her no at first, but I got really tired of it and wasn’t nearly as polite after a while. Of course, I seemed to have some laundry dysfunction that day and couldn’t seem to remember to start the stupid machines again after I’d stopped them. She took great pleasure in coming up to me and telling me that she’d started my machines for me. The dryers seemed less and less efficient as it got hotter and hotter in there, and so I ended up being there with her much later than I’d wanted to. I ended up grabbing my last few things and making a run for it, hanging them up in the room so they’d finish drying while we were at the park.

At this point, I was going to make us late. I jumped into the shower and got ready as fast as I could, but we ended up having Norah and Ruby go ahead of us at the time we’d meant to leave because we just weren’t ready. I don’t think we got to the bus stop until 10:45, and we were supposed to be there at 11:15 to check in. I prayed for good bus luck, but no such thing. We waited until just after 11. The drive to Epcot from CBR is really short once you’re out of the park, but we were the first stop this time, so we still had the whole resort to go. The one time I regretted being the first stop….

We pushed and pushed, but we didn't even get through the ticket turnstiles until 11:30. Even trying to hurry, we wouldn’t make it. I had texted Norah on the bus to let her know that if we didn’t get there she shouldn’t wait for us. She told me later that the character (which they wouldn’t tell us beforehand) was Jasmine, who happens to be Ruby’s favorite princess. Norah said it was amazing – she told Ruby a story about herself, then talked with her a bit and posed for pictures and signed her book. It really sounded cool. I wish Haley had been able to be there, but this was hump day for us, and we were all feeling it. Besides, the heat was insane. We’d heard on the news that morning that the heat index was supposed to be 110 degrees, and it felt every bit of it!

We meandered through Futureworld without a focus at this point. I know that Bryan and Aunt Dee went to ride Mission Space, and Mom, the kids, and I got a Fastpass (or whatever they are) to do a Kim Possible mission a little later. That was another thing the kids had been excited about, so I was glad we were getting to do it. I tried to find the little fountain play area to keep them busy until the others got back, but I had gotten turned around and couldn’t find it. We settled for browsing through Mousegears instead.

It wasn’t long before the others were back. The wait time had been almost nothing for Mission Space! Bryan had downloaded an app for his smartphone called Mobile Magic (no iphone for the E-Ticket app, unfortunately – we’ve had good luck with Verizon). It gave him wait times on his cell phone so that we knew which rides to hit – very convenient, especially in Epcot where everything is so darn spread out! So they knew going in that the wait wouldn’t be too long. They of course took a few pictures…

By this point, it was time to hit Kim Possible! Here are the kids with their Kimmunicator.

Our adventure was in Norway. The kids really enjoyed it. I had to do a bit of explaining (Jack had no idea what a Viking was, and Haley only knew about what was in the Magic Tree House books). A few times we were a little confused by the instructions, but we got through. Haley and Jack still talk about the end of the mission when we “beat the bad guys.” Definitely worth a try if you can squeeze it in!

(Spoiler alert - this is of the end of the mission!)

We caught back up with Mom and Aunt Dee (they’d taken charge of Will in the stroller, which was a real blessing, and had wandered on to do a little shopping)

(Aunt Dee posing with the Viking and the pink parasol from China that Mom got to keep out of the sun - of course, it ended up with my daughter after that...)

and decided to head back towards Canada for our lunch ADR. We were sweating bullets, so a sitting down in the A/C sounded pretty darn good!

Continued on next post...

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 07-09-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #140
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

As I’ve said, we’ve never been here before, but we’d heard so much about it here on the DIS. We all gathered in the waiting area (we took up the majority of it) and waited for our tables. Will had fallen asleep in the stroller on the way over (NOT a good thing), and we did the best we could to keep the other kids busy. We only waited ten minutes or so before being seated. Norah and Ruby, along with UT, had a table with us. The rest of the group was seated in a row of half booths/half chair seating behind us. Many of us ordered steaks (of course), but Norah, Bryan and I ordered the “Taste of LeCellier” where you could get an appetizer (I really wanted to try the soup), but had a limited number of options for entrees - no steaks! I ended up ordering a burger (which our server actually recommended, and Bryan and I found delicious – there were sautéed onions and maple BBQ sauce on top of them), the cheese soup, and the chocolate mousse. We all ended up ordering smoothies or milkshakes for our drinks, which felt really good after being in all the heat! The server for our table was Candice. She was really great – so friendly and helpful! Plus, she put up with the banter that DH insisted on keeping up about the different provinces of Canada. We found out right before we left that we were her last table. As in, LAST table. Her shift was ending, and her year in Epcot was up. We joked with her about sending her out with a bang!

As we waited for our food, Will was still sleeping.

Looks comfy, doesn’t he? Well, something woke him up after only about 15 minutes of sleep. And he was NOT in a good mood. Bryan ended up taking him out. We couldn’t see him (he was out in courtyard because Will was crying so loudly) when our appetizers came out, so we started eating without him. Candice had brought Will a milkshake when he’d woken up, and she offered to take it to him. (Told you she was pretty awesome!) Nothing seemed to be working, though. What finally got us back into the dining room? Well, I got him calmed down enough to listen, and told him we would be able to eat. Remember me mentioning how you don’t let the men in my husband’s family get hungry if you don’t want a grump on your hands? Well, this was another example of that. Will has definitely inherited the gene! I got him back to the table, got some food in him, and the meal went back to normal (for the most part, at least!)

This is the only other picture I have from inside the restaurant.It was kinda dark inside...plus, let's face it, everyone was pretty darn tired, hot, and hungry! Bryan's birthday was about 10 days before we left, and he was wearing a birthday button. This is what they brough him - pretty cute!

I would go back here in a heartbeat. We enjoyed the food, the service, everything! However, there’s a rumor going around that Le Cellier will soon be a two-credit signature dining experience. We have avoided doing the two-credit restaurants on the basic plan because we get the dining plan to lower our expenses. Paying out of pocket to balance that out hasn’t interested us (plus, with the kids, it’s just not as enjoyable). If this becomes a signature experience, we won’t be back for a while!

At this point, we split up. I know Norah and Ruby went off on their own, and I’m not sure what Grandma and Aunt Jayne did. Tim, Shelley, Bryan and I had given both our moms “gift certificates” to do the pick-a-pearl experience in Japan, and we wanted to all do it together. So we headed that way. As we walked, we got to hear a little of Off Kilter (I love listening to them!). We couldn’t spend a lot of time, as we were on a bit of a mission, but the sun had gone in and the heat was bearable. We slowed down to take in a little more of the music. At this point, Will – fully recharged from the food and ultra-short nap – started to get into the music.

I really wish I knew how to post video. What we have is just hysterical! There was a lady that had been sitting along the fence area listening, but she jumped right up and started boogey-ing with him. That just spurred him on! He attracted a bit of a crowd, but when he realized how many people were watching him, he was done. So funny!

We also found a Photopass person while we were walking, and had our picture taken near France. Just the five of us also took a picture – one of the few that we took of just our little family. The photographer took one of us with our camera. (DH is busy adding backgrounds and clip art to the 142 pictures we had when we combined our cards…it’ll be a little while before we get it, but Shelley and I will post them when we do.)

We made our way into Japan and found quite a crowd at the pick-a-pearl area. We got in line and got numbers for Sue and Mom. I decided to do this as well – I figured it would be a unique souvenir. Here are a few pictures. Haley picked out my mom’s, and Jack picked out Sue’s.

We don't have any pictures of the actual pearls! Mom got a really cool silver-ish one (the lady called it blue). Sue’s had pink tints to it. I had to laugh…my first oyster had no pearl in it! The poor girl behind the counter acted almost embarrassed. She told me to pick another one, so I did. She pulled out the pearl with the usual show and showed it to me. It looked to be a fairly normal, white pearl. Then she asked me if I felt lucky that day….my oyster had twins!! I was pretty excited. She cleaned them up and measured them, then gave them to us. None of us got them mounted there, since the settings seemed a bit expensive (so, yes, we got off cheap for Mother’s Day, unfortunately). There’s a place near my Aunt Dee called Silvertown that does high quality settings, and she was adamant that we could get them cheaper. So right now, my twins and Mom’s silver/blue one are with her. She’ll be calling us soon with options for mounting them.

At this point, I was really torn. Sue was trying to convince us to head back to the resort because of the heat. I really wanted to go on, especially since it had gotten cloudy. I figured that we could go to Innoventions or hit the places with air-conditioned rides in World Showcase. However, most people seemed to think it’d be better to head back to the room. I gave in, but unfortunately, I didn’t do it graciously. This was when my meltdown occurred. (this seemed like a good melt-down smiley...if there is one!) I was really upset about the fact that we’d only seen three countries in World Showcase (and hadn’t really explored any of them, since we’d had a specific reason for being in each one). With our schedule, it was going to be really hard for us to head back to Epcot later on in the week. This was it. And as it was already about 4 p.m., I really doubted we’d be back for the fireworks, which several people had suggested. I ended up trying to pull myself back together on the walk back towards the buses. Bryan kept his distance to give me some space, but he did get some really good pictures.

(Ok, so I know several of those are out of order, but they're still good pictures!)

Of course, when we were at the bus stop, we ended up getting caught up in the shift change and waited quite a while again for a bus. This didn’t help my mood much. But when we got on the bus, people seemed to be thankful for the air conditioning. Will is always ok when there's food involved, and Sue had gotten a package of shortbread at some point while she was there.

We got back to the resort and we all laid down for a little while. DH let me rest, then tried to talk me into going back to see Illuminations with my Mom and Aunt Dee (Norah and Ruby had stayed in the park, but everyone else had come back and were wiped out from the heat). I hemmed and hawed, but I ended up going back with them. Actually, Bryan came with us too, thanks to Sue, Stoney, Tim, and Shelley, who volunteered to watch the kids. (Not even Haley and Jack wanted to go back – though, of course, Haley has mentioned to me since coming home that she wished we could have done more Kidcot stops.) So we hopped back on to the bus with Mom and Aunt Dee (not much of a wait this time) and headed back.

Next up – a quick evening at Epcot!

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 07-09-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #141
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad I was able to snag a Le Cellier ADR for September after reading your post. I had been trying for awhile and had no luck but finally last week I got one. I adore the food there, everything I have tried as been awesome!

In a group that size there are bound to be meltdowns. It's hard to do what you want to do and keep everyone else happy. I'm so happy you were able to get back to see Illuminations.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I have been bad at Dising lately and was behind.....again. Heck, I haven't even caught up on my own report.

I love the Splash Mountain picture even though you can't see the kids. It's makes for a fun memory.

We've never eaten lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern but from the way you've described it, it sounds really good. Will's face with the sauce on it is too cute.

It's too bad that you didn't get time to laze around in a hammock at the CBR. We didn't get to do it this year either because it rained almost every darned afternoon. Oh, and what was up with the crazy laundry lady? Sounds like she needed to take some anxiety meds or something.

You really do need to go see Cirque some time. We've seen it twice and it is THE best thing we have ever done outside of the parks. The tickets are expensive but worth every single penny.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at LeCellier. It was the best meal we had during this last trip. If it changes to a two table service restaurant, we may have to rethink going there too.

Twin pearls! You lucky girl! I've read here on the Dis that lots of people buy pearl cages on ebay. You may want to look into that.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #143
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm so glad I was able to snag a Le Cellier ADR for September after reading your post. I had been trying for awhile and had no luck but finally last week I got one. I adore the food there, everything I have tried as been awesome!

In a group that size there are bound to be meltdowns. It's hard to do what you want to do and keep everyone else happy. I'm so happy you were able to get back to see Illuminations.
We were really happy with our meal there. I know there's a lot of talk on the DIS about how the restaurant is over-hyped, and how some people feel that their vacation is ruined if they can't get an ADR. It wouldn't make or break my vacation if I didn't get an ADR there (I can't imagine that about any restaurant, actually), but if it stays a one-credit restaurant I'll definintely be trying to get back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I have been bad at Dising lately and was behind.....again. Heck, I haven't even caught up on my own report.

I love the Splash Mountain picture even though you can't see the kids. It's makes for a fun memory.

We've never eaten lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern but from the way you've described it, it sounds really good. Will's face with the sauce on it is too cute.

It's too bad that you didn't get time to laze around in a hammock at the CBR. We didn't get to do it this year either because it rained almost every darned afternoon. Oh, and what was up with the crazy laundry lady? Sounds like she needed to take some anxiety meds or something.

You really do need to go see Cirque some time. We've seen it twice and it is THE best thing we have ever done outside of the parks. The tickets are expensive but worth every single penny.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at LeCellier. It was the best meal we had during this last trip. If it changes to a two table service restaurant, we may have to rethink going there too.

Twin pearls! You lucky girl! I've read here on the Dis that lots of people buy pearl cages on ebay. You may want to look into that.
I can't wait to see how the twin pearls end up looking when they're mounted as earings. I was pretty excited by it!

You'd enjoy LTT, I think. I really think we can recommend any of the places we went to. Yeah, the Crazy Laundry Lady was...well...crazy. We were calling her the laundry Nazi for a little while - a little scary!

Don't worry about being behind on the Dis...the only reason I'm able to keep up is because I'm not at school! I'm always terribly behind during the school year...I pretty much get as caught up as possible on weekends! (The Dis is blocked at school...which is honestly probably a good thing!) That's why I need to get this TR done before I go back...a month from tomorrow.

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #144
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here!! Late as usual!! Going to have a lot of fun going back and catching up, but I'm here WOOT!!!!

LOVE THE TITLE...HUGE BIG BANG THEORY FAN HERE....TOTALLY A SHELDON LOVER!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #145
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

the crazy laundry lady. Oh my word. I cant believe that. I can see if you guys just left your stuff in the machines for hours and didnt come back but for her to be standing over you an what not. I'd be a little mad.
I dont blame you for having a meltdown for leaving Epcot. I know I would have. But at least you guys had a little rest then went back.

Quote:

(The Dis is blocked at school...which is honestly probably a good thing!) That's why I need to get this TR done before I go back...a month from tomorrow.
I know what you mean!! I would be in one of my classes at school doing nothing lol I would try and go on the Dis but hey it was blocked. But there are ways around the blockade.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #146
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm here!! Late as usual!! Going to have a lot of fun going back and catching up, but I'm here WOOT!!!!

LOVE THE TITLE...HUGE BIG BANG THEORY FAN HERE....TOTALLY A SHELDON LOVER!!!
Glad you're here! I missed Big Bang this week because I was watching the Pixar Story on CNBC I knew it was a rerun, though.

Quote:
the crazy laundry lady. Oh my word. I cant believe that. I can see if you guys just left your stuff in the machines for hours and didnt come back but for her to be standing over you an what not. I'd be a little mad.
I dont blame you for having a meltdown for leaving Epcot. I know I would have. But at least you guys had a little rest then went back.

I know what you mean!! I would be in one of my classes at school doing nothing lol I would try and go on the Dis but hey it was blocked. But there are ways around the blockade.

She was a little much. We warned anyone who went back to the laundry area to watch out for her. She was good for several laughs during the trip, I admit!

We did get to go back, which was really nice. (Thanks again, Shelley!) I love wandering through the countries at Epcot - always have. There just wasn't much time for that this trip. I keep telling myself we'll do it the next trip. Now all I need is a ticker.... Pictures coming up soon!

I think I'd better not figure out the ways around the blockade at school...I'll never get my papers graded!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #147
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow, big update. I remember that ending to the Norway Kimpossible mission. I was so surprised by that poster turning into a part of the mission that I didn't think to take a picture of it until it turned back into a poster!

Sorry to hear about your mini-meltdown. I guess that's the negative side to park touring with such a large group. It's nice to be with family, but you don't always get to do and see all that you want to.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #148
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were really happy with our meal there. I know there's a lot of talk on the DIS about how the restaurant is over-hyped, and how some people feel that their vacation is ruined if they can't get an ADR. It wouldn't make or break my vacation if I didn't get an ADR there (I can't imagine that about any restaurant, actually), but if it stays a one-credit restaurant I'll definintely be trying to get back there!
I feel the same way. I think why I wanted to go there so badly on our upcoming trip is because when I went in 2008, I was having a meltdown during our meal and didn't get to enjoy it really. The crowds had gotten to me and our ADR was right before Illuminations and I just wanted to eat and leave before the crowds got to the buses. I've been since with Jen but I feel I owe it to my husband to have re-do at Le Cellier for the two of us. I made the poor guy take his dessert to go.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #149
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm real excited I was able to get my Le Cellier ADR for our trip in December, but I totally agree with you! NO one particular restaurant will make or break my trip, for sure! Hopefully the "signature" rumor is just that, only a rumor. As much as I'm looking forward to trying it for the first time, I'm not two dining credits excited!

Quote:
Yeah, the Crazy Laundry Lady was...well...crazy. We were calling her the laundry Nazi for a little while - a little scary!
Quote:
Unfortunately I've seen "her" before. It is crazy. I don't really have a problem with someone moving my finished clothes to the table so they can get started if I miss on the finish time, but you don't have to be a jerk about it!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #150
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Too bad we have to do laundry on vacation, isn't it. Last year I actually packed clothes for 9 days because I didn't want to mess with laundry. Sorry about missing the storytime. It sounds like that would have been lots of fun. Yay for Le Cellier. I love the soup. Sorry you didn't get more of a chance to explore World Showcase. It just gets so brutally hot there in the afternoons during the summer. Hopefully you got a chance to explore a little morein the evening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: