Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

Help With Mexican Riviera Excursions

So far we have decided only on the Puerto Vallarta excursion. We were highly recommended to the the Canopy Zipline & Mule Tour so we will be booking that, great price and sounds like the think to do in Puerto Vallarta

Now next port, I need recommendations for Cabo San Lucas ??? We are an activie family that loves adventure...
Wavegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Our son isn't old enough for ziplining, so we are liking going to do a day pass at an all inclusive resort in PV that has water slides. For Mazatlan, we are doing Randi's Happy Horses. In Cabo, we might just enjoy the ship as we are going there for a land vacation next month, but did enjoy kayaking to the Arch and Lover's Beach the last time we cruised there.
jkrislc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

Do you have a link for the all-inclusive resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrislc View Post
Our son isn't old enough for ziplining, so we are liking going to do a day pass at an all inclusive resort in PV that has water slides. For Mazatlan, we are doing Randi's Happy Horses. In Cabo, we might just enjoy the ship as we are going there for a land vacation next month, but did enjoy kayaking to the Arch and Lover's Beach the last time we cruised there.
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
GoofItUp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavegirl View Post
So far we have decided only on the Puerto Vallarta excursion. We were highly recommended to the the Canopy Zipline & Mule Tour so we will be booking that, great price and sounds like the think to do in Puerto Vallarta

Now next port, I need recommendations for Cabo San Lucas ??? We are an activie family that loves adventure...
When we were in Cabo last fall we hired a boat after we got into port to take all of us sightseeing & those of us who wanted to parasail could. It was really fun. We went out near the arches....obviously not too close since we were parasailing and would just as soon not slam into them!

Off Site - 06/87, Off Site - 06/93, ASM - 11/01, Dolphin - 11/03, CBR - 01/06, POR - 09/07 FIRST TRIP WITH DS-10 mo!, Off-Site - 06/08 (DH's conference, so DS and I hit the parks!), BCV - 03/09 DS#2 was sick, so DH & DS#1 went alone! , DL Fairfield - 10/09 First Trip to DL & DS#2's first trip to a Disney Park!, 06/10 - BWV (Our first trip as OWNERS!), 06/11 - AKV-Kidani, 03/12-BWV, 06/12 - Not sure where yet!
GoofItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
toescat
Mouseketeer

In Matz, you can do horseback riding which is awesome, there will be tour for this offered on the ship, in Cabo, they usually use Melia San Lucas hotel for the beach excursion. Beautiful place and on the beach you can parasail, rent jet ski's etc. Just sitting on the beach is great too as you have the most beautiful scenery in front of you, Lands End. There is also a snorkeling tour that takes you out to Lands End to snorkel that is great too.

Carol

MARCH 20, 2011 DISNEY WONDER
03/26/10 Princess Ruby 04/11/09 Princess Saphire, 04/01/09 Princess Dawn, 04/09/06 Princess Dawn, 03/26/05 Princess Diamond, 12/29/02 Carnival Elation, 12/30/01 Carnival Elation, 12/31/00 Carnival Elation, 12/24/00 Carnival Elation, 01/02/00 Carnival Elation, 12/28/98 Carnival Holiday, 12/28/97 Carnival Jubilee, 09/15/96 Carnival Holiday, 09/29/84 Carnival Tropical
toescat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
2littlegirls
Earning My Ears

Anyone do Stone Island with or without DCL?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma'smom View Post
Do you have a link for the all-inclusive resort?
We are going to get a day pass at the Crown Paradise. I don't have the web address, but you can Google it. We stayed there the last time Disney did the MR and saw the Magic sail out of port from our room's balcony.

It's a moderate resort--nothing fancy, but they have a decent kids pool and for $100 or so for the family, it will make for a nice day with food/drinks included.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
Wavegirl
Mouseketeer

thanks for the input, so hard to decide
Wavegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
pppiglet
DIS Cast Member
Don't like circle cutters. I am bad with them...as you notice all my pictures are square!
Wears primer to church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littlegirls View Post
Yes...twice and it was great! We are going back again next trip. The first time we did Randi's Happy Horses and the 2nd time went on our own. We walked to the boat launch and for $2 round trip took it over to Stone Island and then when we got there we went to Molokay's for lunch and rode ATV's for an hour on the beach for $35 each. We would love to do that again!
2/12/06 First cruise with Carnival Pride/ Mexican Riviera
6/11/05 First Cruise ever on Disney Magic! Mexican Riviera
11/18/05 First Tag by the Tag Fairy!

pppiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
2littlegirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppiglet View Post
Yes...twice and it was great! We are going back again next trip. The first time we did Randi's Happy Horses and the 2nd time went on our own. We walked to the boat launch and for $2 round trip took it over to Stone Island and then when we got there we went to Molokay's for lunch and rode ATV's for an hour on the beach for $35 each. We would love to do that again!
PPPiglet, did you go on your own with kids or did you see others do it? TIA
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
pppiglet
DIS Cast Member
Don't like circle cutters. I am bad with them...as you notice all my pictures are square!
Wears primer to church!

Quote:
PPPiglet, did you go on your own with kids or did you see others do it? TIA
Well, ours is 26, so not really with kids! No one went with us, so not sure about others doing it with kids.
2/12/06 First cruise with Carnival Pride/ Mexican Riviera
6/11/05 First Cruise ever on Disney Magic! Mexican Riviera
11/18/05 First Tag by the Tag Fairy!

pppiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #12
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavegirl View Post

Not sure if this is who you are booking thru or not. We used them last year and highly recommend them! It was an amazing day with a class act company. We did the "Outdoor Adventure" which included zodiac boat ride, canyon transport, donkey ride, zipping, repelling and hiking thru the forest/waterfalls/streams.

http://vallarta-info.com/tours.html
Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #13
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
We booked Randi's Happy Horses on Stone Island. She met us at the dock, had transportation to the "marina" then onto the water taxi to Stone Island where we were matched up with our horses and enjoyed a horseback ride along the beach and afterwards we dined at one of the local beach side restaurants Victors (free salsa/chips/drink) and purchased lunch. Chairs and umbrellas were inlcuded at the restaurant for those wanting to hang around on the beach after eating before returning to the dock. The cost was $45 per person.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
jkrislc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
We booked Randi's Happy Horses on Stone Island. She met us at the dock, had transportation to the "marina" then onto the water taxi to Stone Island where we were matched up with our horses and enjoyed a horseback ride along the beach and afterwards we dined at one of the local beach side restaurants Victors (free salsa/chips/drink) and purchased lunch. Chairs and umbrellas were inlcuded at the restaurant for those wanting to hang around on the beach after eating before returning to the dock. The cost was $45 per person.
We've done Randi's in the past and had an excellent time. I've already contacted Randi for next January when we're on the Wonder's first MR sailing.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

what if we just want to hang out on a beach? We live in Alaska, and obviously don't get to just play on a beach...which is what the kids REALLY want to do. Is there beaches we can walk to, or take a cab to? And if so, are there restaurants near the beach for lunch?
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canopy, excursions, puerto vallarta, zipline

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: